Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2008, 16:26   #1
Senior - BHPian

Why spoil the work(ship) place?

I have always thought that a govt. office or building will be the worst place to visit wrt the cleaniness, those scriblings on walls, spitting of pan etc etc...
Why?
Around 12-13yrs back, I was maintaining many Banks servers, networks etc. So, I used to visit many banks mostly Public sector banks. Whenever I visit such buildings especially Sowcarpet and surronding area (does not mean other palce are clean!!!), I use to raise my eye seeing those unhealthy and dirty palces. You will find almost all stairs with Pan "coloring". Dust and dirt. Everywhere.
I was thinking that people are not maintaining this because this is govt property.
Now, after all these years and many private malls and parks, still I see that there are still people out there to spoil the buildings. May be the intensity is less, but still we see people scribbling inside the lifts, toilets, stairs and any wall they can find in the premises.
Why so, they dont even spare the public transports.
Be it a old theatre or malls like forum or parks liek ITPL, or Trains or Bus etc our guys find something to scribble somewhere. Why?
So, how to handle these people who lack these self disciline? A CCTV? Ofcourse we have these in most of the places I mentioned, but does it really have any impact?
What do you think will change this attitude of people?
Pour in your thoughts.

Last edited by mjothi : 30th July 2008 at 16:28.
Old 30th July 2008, 16:42   #2
Senior - BHPian

Find out who does this (camera, watchers etc.,) and put pan (or some colour) on their dress. This should make them stop the dirty habit.
Old 30th July 2008, 16:46   #3
BHPian

CCTV is useless. It is just a big money drain. Better to hire someone to keep a watch. You will be providing employment and also getting peace of mind
Old 30th July 2008, 16:55   #4
BHPian

Civic sense should be a subject in school and due importance given to the subject. Atleast we will have a cleaner / healthier next generation.

Thiyags
Old 30th July 2008, 16:55   #5
Senior - BHPian

I work in a posh tower, Mumbai and I have seen lifts that are so dirty that even a kid will think 5 times before entering it. And I am talking about high speed elevators!
Old 30th July 2008, 16:58   #6
Senior - BHPian

You know something. I have even seen some bank employees hanging the photos of Gods like Ganesha in the stairs and public places. Beleive me, nothing stopped these guys.
Old 30th July 2008, 17:00   #7
Senior - BHPian

We are just a country/culture of highly filthy individuals. That's just the way we are. Accept it and move on with it.

/You need to visit Malaysia/Singpapore to realize that.
//Not proud, neither racist - just my individual experience.
///Recently saw an EXTREMELY posh business center (annual rental per seat here is more than starting IT guys' salary) - and the stairs are SO badly dirty by the smokers its not funny. That's the cream of society for you. Ditto with Amtak.
Old 30th July 2008, 18:42   #8
Senior - BHPian

You are talking about public places and here in my Apartment complex there is(are) some pervert(s) who scribble obscene messages on the lift wall. And that too when there is security all around. Some people are just born and brought up with that kind of mentality of not respecting other's property. I still remember when I was a kid I've seen kids with my age pelting stones on the street lights to break them. Probably they carry on with the same mentality even when they grow up physically. That's why we have sick idiots putting scratches on our cars parked in a public place, or defacing of a historical place or coloring of staircases with Pan etc.
Old 30th July 2008, 18:58   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman
We are just a country/culture of highly filthy individuals.
I think it has to do more with education/ discipline/ lack of facilities than country/ culture of filthy individuals. I would phrase it as 'country/ culture with inadequate education/ discipline/ amenities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman
You need to visit Malaysia/Singpapore to realize that.

and the stairs are SO badly dirty by the smokers its not funny.
My biggest gripe with places designated as smoking areas is the lack of the basic amenity called an ashtray. If it were present, I would absolutely not litter the floor.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks