Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2009, 14:34   #121
Senior - BHPian

Congrats PrinceZahed! All the best and this is just the start, more good things to follow.

And why don't you start a new thread, just a thought.
Old 5th January 2009, 15:41   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Congrats PrinceZahed! All the best and this is just the start, more good things to follow.

And why don't you start a new thread, just a thought.
Thanks buddy. Good things are surely following. Waiting for the republic day weekend. Then the world will see a lot of activity at our place. I think a new thread would be started then
Old 6th January 2009, 11:22   #123
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

I stayed in Zahinds Estate ( Coffiee Creek ) and the place is excellent.
Also I was much impressed by Zahinds hospitality. I would recommend this place to all my friends and T-BHPians.

Thanks a lot Zahid for a memoriable stay. My 2 year old son liked the place too much and played to his hearts content in the front yard of the cottage.

Wifee is already chalking out a retirement plan for me to settle down in an estate and grow coffee instead of daily meetings,conf calls , working late hour in concreate-glass structures in city. Its another matter that I do not own any land and know as much about growing coffee as a planter would know about mobile phone technology.
I took a lot of pics but unable to locate USB cable of my camera hence delay in posting them.

I will soon create a new thread for my travelogue and review of Zahids place.

Sorry for delay in positing

Regards
Amit
Old 6th January 2009, 14:07   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Hi,

I stayed in Zahinds Estate ( Coffiee Creek ) and the place is excellent.
Also I was much impressed by Zahinds hospitality. I would recommend this place to all my friends and T-BHPians.

Thanks a lot Zahid for a memoriable stay. My 2 year old son liked the place too much and played to his hearts content in the front yard of the cottage.

Wifee is already chalking out a retirement plan for me to settle down in an estate and grow coffee instead of daily meetings,conf calls , working late hour in concreate-glass structures in city. Its another matter that I do not own any land and know as much about growing coffee as a planter would know about mobile phone technology.
I took a lot of pics but unable to locate USB cable of my camera hence delay in posting them.

I will soon create a new thread for my travelogue and review of Zahids place.

Sorry for delay in positing

Regards
Amit
Hey Amit thanks for those kind words. Dont know if it really is the way you described it. I had a nice time playing with advik. Reminded me of my nephew.

Regarding your retirement plans, iam yet to hear from the guy regarding the place. I shall ask him today and see what he has to stay. Come and settle down here buddy, you will automatically learn the ways of the estate.

Do post the pics and your travelogue so that even I can cherish reading the moments you spent here in coorg.

Regards,
Zahed
Old 7th January 2009, 01:20   #125
Senior - BHPian

So here are the pics of the place and review , My Coorg trip was sudden and had no fixed pan I called up Zahid and told that we will reach by 10 AM but on the way to Medikeri we spent a lot of time in Kushalnagar first at Tibbetian Settlement and monestery and later at Nisargdham at Nisargdham I saw a board of Elephent Camp Dubare 12 Km and was tempted to visit it , Asked for directions and got directed towards somewhere else , Finally after traversing lots of narrow village rods and corssing a reservoier reached dubare , by this time Zahid was kind of sure that we have ditched the Idea of visiting Medikeri.
Finally we reached medikeri around 6 PM and met Zahid at Rajas seat and found the diections to his place, After dinenr at 7:30 Pm we started towards Subhash Nagar on Virajpet road but unfortunately there was power cut and roads and villages were pitch dark but we could find our way to the estate in pitch dark. I was tired from full day of roaming around and driving so decided to sleep early but could not resist temptation to see the estate.
Zahid had 2 other guests at that time and so around 9:30 in pitch black we started walking downhill to see the stream with help of torch lights.
The other 2 guys ditched the idea to walk up to stream in night but I trusted Zahid and went up to stream.
Next day morning got up early and enjoyed playing with my son in fresh air of the estate , After a good breakfast of pooris and sabji we drove off towards Talkaveri. Overall though the stay at the estate was short I enjoyed it fully.

Here are some pictures at the estate . rest of the pics I will post later.
Attached Thumbnails
Starting a Home Stay/Resort in Coorg.. Suggestions and Help Welcome-coorg115.jpg  

Starting a Home Stay/Resort in Coorg.. Suggestions and Help Welcome-coorg114.jpg  

Starting a Home Stay/Resort in Coorg.. Suggestions and Help Welcome-coorg116.jpg  

Starting a Home Stay/Resort in Coorg.. Suggestions and Help Welcome-coorg119.jpg  

Starting a Home Stay/Resort in Coorg.. Suggestions and Help Welcome-coorg120.jpg  

Starting a Home Stay/Resort in Coorg.. Suggestions and Help Welcome-coorg122.jpg  

Starting a Home Stay/Resort in Coorg.. Suggestions and Help Welcome-coorg123.jpg  

Old 7th January 2009, 07:25   #126
Senior - BHPian

Nice photos, Amit.

Would suggest that you break up your post and start a new travelogue thread.

@Zahed, you have a beautiful place. Reminds me of my place in Kerala!
Old 7th January 2009, 16:30   #127
BHPian

@amit: even i would suggest you start a new travelogue thread with more details and pictures.

@happywheels: thanks buddy. Drop by sometime.iam sure you would like the place in real.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed