Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2008, 01:09   #1
BHPian

Michael Schumacher Mows Down Pedestrian in UK

Michael Schumacher may have mad skills on the track, but the international racing sensation allegedly may have mowed down a pedestrian while attempting to overtake a pair of old ladies in a Fiat this weekend. Schumacher was apparently driving a Ducato van back from the Silverstone Classic in England when he knocked over Martin Kingham, who was locking up his garage. That's right, Schumi loves the van.

Accidents happen, but apparently the seven-time world F1 champ doesn't like admitting he was wrong, at least according to Kingham.

'"The last thing you expect on a quiet afternoon is to be run over by Michael Schumacher - it was unbelievable,' Mr Kingham, 39, told the Daily Mirror:

'He came from behind me to overtake two old ladies in a little Fiat. The first thing I knew I was flat on my face after the collision.

Martin Kingham was clipped by Schumacher as he was closing his garage
'When I realised who had hit me I thought I had concussion.'
Schumacher, who has a sponsorship deal with Fiat, was on his way to a private jet at a nearby airfield when he accident happened in Lydd, Kent.

Mr Kingham added:'"I was putting the security bars up outside the garage before going home. I have to stand on the edge of the road and keep an eye on the traffic.

'Out of nowhere I heard a bang behind me. It spun me round and I was thrown forward on to my face, hitting the bonnet of a parked van.

'I thought I recognised the driver but my head was spinning. He was screaming: 'What the hell were you doing in the road.
'He seemed cross, as if I was in the wrong. I called the police.'

Martin reported the incident to Kent Police who breathalysed the driver - and were amazed to discover his identity - before letting him go. The father-of-one, who is married to wife Leona, 36, added: "The police realised I wasn't too injured and told us to swap addresses, then he just got back in the van and drove off without even looking at me.

'He still didn't apologise. He was arrogant. The way I landed was lucky. My leg was aching, and the next day a big bruise came up below my knee.

'Try telling people you were hit by Michael Schumacher. My wife thought I was winding her up.

It is believed that Schumacher had attended the Silverstone Classic at the weekend, a classic car racing event, and was on his way to nearby Lydd Airport to fly out of the country.

Last year, Schumacher jumped behind the wheel of a taxi and raced to an airport in a desperate attempt to catch a flight. He offered the cab driver a £70 tip to swap seats so he could drive to the airport in Coburg, Germany, himself and avoid heavy traffic. His wife Gina and two children were in the cab too.

Source: The Daily Mail

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Abusive language – whether used directly or indirectly - is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. A decent communication protocol must be adhered to. Foul language and use of abusive words/photographs in posts/avatars/signatures/topics is STRICTLY prohibited.

Last edited by aah78 : 1st August 2008 at 03:06. Reason: Expletives removed.
Old 1st August 2008, 01:57   #2
Senior - BHPian

Oh Wow!!! Looks like our dear Schumi needs road driving lessons now??!
Old 1st August 2008, 02:37   #3
BHPian

S**t happens, but may be he could have saved "some" of the bad publicity by being polite And, who knows, the media is hungry to find anything and everything to fill up the pages, and they do their best to blow it up as well .

The german news papers say something else, to an extent.

Look up Aktuelle Nachrichten - Bild.de and SPIEGEL ONLINE - Nachrichten (both in german though). Using a translator should not be a problem.
Old 1st August 2008, 07:43   #4
Senior - BHPian

he'd be so at home in delhi
Old 1st August 2008, 08:34   #5
BHPian

Who knows what the truth behind this is. The Brit tabloids like to add a lot of masala-mirchi to everything! They are the equivalent of our Hindi news channels.
Old 1st August 2008, 09:19   #6
Senior - BHPian

dint this happen earlier too...remember a similar thread. is it true?
Dont see anything in the media!!
Old 1st August 2008, 10:36   #7
BHPian

yeah, never know how true this is.
Old 1st August 2008, 11:17   #8
Senior - BHPian

There's another news that he crashed in Nurburgring,last week.
Old 1st August 2008, 11:36   #9
BANNED

So, it is not only in India.

Quote:
Mr Kingham added:'"I was putting the security bars up outside the garage before going home. I have to stand on the edge of the road and keep an eye on the traffic.
And I thought that only we Indians (and more specifically, the NH 17 in Kerala) have buildings from which you step out directly on to the road/ street / whatever.

Last edited by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR : 1st August 2008 at 11:37.
Old 1st August 2008, 11:50   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

If it was in India, a bunch of onlookers would have used this opportunity to beat the hell out of the driver.

After all, most of us indians are looking for such situations for "haat Saafie"
Old 1st August 2008, 12:13   #11
BHPian

i guess the pedestrian was wearing a chequred dress so our schumi decided to take the flag this time too. habits die hard i guess.
Old 1st August 2008, 12:26   #12
Senior - BHPian

Wow, Schumi is having fun on the road now!
Old 1st August 2008, 13:03   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
If it was in India, a bunch of onlookers would have used this opportunity to beat the hell out of the driver.

After all, most of us indians are looking for such situations for "haat Saafie"
Knowing that it is schumi, they would have started demanding obscene amounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Wow, Schumi is having fun on the road now!
Headers' ishtyle.
Old 1st August 2008, 17:48   #14
Senior - BHPian

It'l be interesting to see what "raceday" has to say about this incident during the Hungarian GP.

Better stil, what does Clarkson do with this bit of information on the next TG epi. He'l prob invite MS to do a lap in the Chevy Laceti and see how many camera person's he can mow down. And it's not helping Schumi that TG went into war against the German's last week. LOL

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 1st August 2008 at 17:49.
Old 1st August 2008, 18:02   #15
BHPian

Well, more pedestrians in India are hit and run and killed on a daily basis.

Why is this a news- i dont understand.

It was a minor accident. Micheal cooperated with the police and everything was taken care of smoothly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks