Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2008, 07:41   #16
Senior - BHPian

If the music volume is really very LOUD, then its fine. It sometimes causes a lot of disturbance specially at traffic signals. IMO, its not entirely wrong move. But if this move is misused by cops, then its wrong.
Old 2nd August 2008, 11:29   #17
Senior - BHPian

Damn!

Zak, his daadi and his Qualis have enough trouble from the cops as it is - during the recent 'bomb scare' a.k.a 'dumb scare' in Kerala they didnt believe that the 'box' between his front seats was a sealed sub enclosure and demanded that he open it up. One of the cops finally put his hands under the console to feel the sub after he said he couldnt remove it.

Old 2nd August 2008, 11:37   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Damn!

Zak, his daadi and his Qualis have enough trouble from the cops as it is - during the recent 'bomb scare' a.k.a 'dumb scare' in Kerala they didnt believe that the 'box' between his front seats was a sealed sub enclosure and demanded that he open it up. One of the cops finally put his hands under the console to feel the sub after he said he couldnt remove it.

lol....

Well I have been asked to open my sub box at the checkpost on the way to masnagudi..since they thought I had hidden alcohol in it!!!
now whether there was any or no is a different story cheers:
Old 2nd August 2008, 11:52   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
they didnt believe that the 'box' between his front seats was a sealed sub enclosure and demanded that he open it up.
Thats a regular annoyance for me. Bomb scare or not.

First place is SEEPZ SEZ. Whenever I am exiting that place, customs officers and security guards are all over the car trying to figure out what I am trying to "smuggle" out of the place.

Second place is 5 star hotels. During their mandatory vehicle check at the gates, everyone has a puzzled look on their faces when they see the arrangement in the trunk.
Old 2nd August 2008, 21:24   #20
BANNED

Quote:
in Kerala they didnt believe that the 'box' between his front seats was a sealed sub enclosure and demanded that he open it up.

With that beard, and electronic gizmos, zak is a sitting target in event of a security check!!!

BTW, why could'nt they trust us when we simply turn up the volume?
Old 2nd August 2008, 21:31   #21
BHPian

Loud music is always a problem - fine for this is not new; but I am not sure if there is a specific criteria and how the cop judges it. But in a way it is a right move.

gizmos getting confused for bombs - poor cops! how tech savvy do you expect them to be? These days their jobs are most dificult.
Old 2nd August 2008, 21:53   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Second place is 5 star hotels.
Been there...

I have a JBL Bass tube (pic below) in my Viva, and its been confused with everything from an LPG tank to a nuclear weapon!!

ICE Show-Offs, Beware of Cops!-ebay_jbl_btx250.jpg

Last edited by AbhiJ : 2nd August 2008 at 21:55.
Old 3rd August 2008, 00:43   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
I have a JBL Bass tube (pic below) in my Viva, and its been confused with everything from an LPG tank to a nuclear weapon!!
That pic looks awesome ... and sure you can not blame the poor naive cops for their suspicions.

Mod's Note: Please type your posts directly on the board. Avoid copy-pasting from Word or any other external editor. It creates unreadable posts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks