Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2005, 11:47   #31
Senior - BHPian

hey vulken
u have loads of info dude!
what are you doing currently?

and off topic:is the pond beside ur house the bharni layout pond near whisper valley?
Old 14th March 2005, 11:58   #32
BHPian

I dont know if its bharni pond but its close to whisper valley like 1.5 kms I guess
Old 14th March 2005, 12:06   #33
Senior - BHPian

okkk
i guess it's the bharni pond
so what do u do in hyd?
lets meet up some time
Old 14th March 2005, 12:07   #34
Senior - BHPian

Yea man Im in Sovereign in Hiranandani though im in boarding right now. where do you stay
Thanks for the help Vulken Auto
What do you do anyways
I was told Industrial Design should be done before hand as a backup if you dont get a vehicle design job
dint understand that myself
Detroit seems too damn expensive
though I might consider it if it really is that good
Rehaan, how are you finding industrial design
Old 14th March 2005, 13:16   #35
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
thanks a lot
I went for the education uk fair and they were there
also went for the italian institute of design education fair
www.ied.it
they seemed pretty impressive too but the only hitch is tht i have to learn italian
im confused
i also need to give a portfolio
does anyone know where i can learn how to sketch cars better to help me for my portfolio
Actually you dont have to learn italian as they have the same course taught in the English language. IED has a fantastic automotive design course though the detroit option would have more global acceptance.

GTO
Old 14th March 2005, 17:58   #36
Senior - BHPian

No man
the course is in English one year and the other two years is in Italian
by this they aim to allow you to learn italian for that one year and then continue the course in italian.
Old 14th March 2005, 18:42   #37
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Khanak,

IED has recently introduced English on a mass scale in most of its programs. From 2006 onward, even automotive design will be offered in English.

You are right that the first year is english. But students opting for September 2005 will commence their second year in Sept 2006...by which all courses will be in the English language. Even right now, there is an english language translator in every class.

GTO
Old 16th March 2005, 00:29   #38
Senior - BHPian

thanks a lot GTO and Vulken Auto
Heavy Discounts on the car I design for youll!!!!
Old 13th December 2014, 12:22   #39
BHPian

SAT coaching in Bangalore

Hi,

I've been going around in circles in Googling for a "good" SAT coaching center for my son. Since I've come to rely so heavily on team-bhp for so many things, I thought I might as well try this one too.

Has anyone in your family took tuition from any of the numerous SAT coaching centers in Bangalore? Or have you heard of any and therefore recommend the same? Please help. I live in JP Nagar and looking for something either in JPNagar or in Jayanagar.

Mods: Searched around and found this to be relatively more appropriate thread.

Prasad
Old 9th February 2015, 13:16   #40
Senior - BHPian

Re: SAT coaching in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasad14 View Post
Hi,

I've been going around in circles in Googling for a "good" SAT coaching center for my son. Since I've come to rely so heavily on team-bhp for so many things, I thought I might as well try this one too.
I'll ask around-

But isn't it possible entirely by one self? SAT Maths is a bit of a joke- specially given if you happen to compare it to JEE Level. Has your son solved the trigonometry sums in there?

Found it a bit of a joke. A kid of 3 (rather, 3+10!) could do it. Perfectly simple.

What is your son's age- BTW?
Old 9th February 2015, 14:32   #41
BHPian

Re: The 'Education Abroad' Thread

SAT / GRE / TOEFL prep is a piece of cake. I have studied for and cracked all three with only minimal effort ( 1470/1600 in SAT and 2290/2400 in GRE) Invest in a good prep tool. They used to come in CD or even printed form back when I was in college. Barons, Petersons were the popular ones. There must be online versions available now.
Old 22nd March 2015, 01:00   #42
Senior - BHPian

In other news, a BHPian's startup has come out with an awesome free GRE test prep app with nice built-in analytics:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....entrayn.qbapp Please pass on to your friends / social media circles / relatives who may need it.

/I have no commercial interest except to help another BHPian whose too diffident to post about his company's app, and to provide a useful resource to other BHPians who may need it.
Old 23rd July 2018, 07:56   #43
BHPian

Hello BHPians!

I am in the last leg of my CA course, and with God's grace, shall be done with it by the end of the year.
I am planning to either take up GMAT (for MBA) or GRE ( for Masters in Data Analytics ).

I am a noob in this field, and would like any sources or trustworthy site, which I could traverse and gain more understanding (the internet's full of sites, but I am unable to gauge an appropriate forum)

Also, coming from a CA background, is a Masters in Data Analytics advisable? I have a keen interest in Computers, and had given it as an extra subject for my XII Boards too.

Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed