Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2008, 19:35   #1
BHPian

RTO agent Charges - Are they OK?

Hello all,

I need to cancel hypothecation and do a transfer of ownership for my two wheeler. Does anyone have contact number for a reliable RTO agent? I am charged Rs.700 by a RTO agent for both jobs together. The two jobs are at two different RTOs. Is this reasonable?

Thanks

Nirmal
Old 7th August 2008, 19:47   #2
Team-BHP Support

Is that the total cost or is it just the agent's charges?

Here in AP the govt. fee for removal of hypothecation from a bike's RC book is Rs. 200. I am not sure about the tranfer of ownership thing but I guess that will also be around the same mark (200).

If its almost the same there in Bengaluru then I would say a charge of Rs.300 for the agent (if 700 is the total cost) sounds reasonable to me.
Old 7th August 2008, 20:02   #3
BHPian

since there is two jobs to be done i think the charges are ok ..when i sold my bike i got the R C transferred to the buyers name to be on the safer side and that time agent had charged me 500 bucks..
Old 7th August 2008, 20:17   #4
Senior - BHPian

Please mention which RTOs you are trying to get it done. Normally a single agent will do both jobs regardless of the work at different RTOs. I have an agent at YPR RTO.
Old 7th August 2008, 22:21   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Is that the total cost or is it just the agent's charges?
700 is including all charges (agent + RTO). In Bangalore cancelling hypothecation is 100 Rs and transfer of ownership is 35Rs for 2 wheelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Please mention which RTOs you are trying to get it done.
The cancellation of hypothecation is at Electronic city RTO and transfer is at Indiranagar RTO

Nirmal
Old 7th August 2008, 22:57   #6
Senior - BHPian

I got the hypothecation removed for my car and RC book updated all for Rs.300 here in Bangalore.

Will get the number of the agent I had used and PM it to you tomorrow.
Old 7th August 2008, 23:14   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
I got the hypothecation removed for my car and RC book updated all for Rs.300 here in Bangalore.

Will get the number of the agent I had used and PM it to you tomorrow.
That would be great. Thanks a lot.
Old 8th August 2008, 12:14   #8
Senior - BHPian

Removing hypothecation on the RC book, Rs.300/- is normal, but cancellation of hypothecation and transfer to another RTO is a different job altoghether. I checked with my agent, he said it will vary within Rs.500 to Rs.700/-. So the rates quoted by your agent looks justified. Final rate what you pay will depend upon your bargaining ability though!!

Last edited by shajufx : 8th August 2008 at 12:19.
Old 8th August 2008, 12:21   #9
BHPian

The official RTO charge for removal of hypothecation and updating the same in the RC book is Rs.99. Transfer of ownership and updating the same in the RC book is Rs.150

I got both these done 6 months back for my car.
Old 28th August 2008, 11:44   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmalts View Post
Hello all,

I need to cancel hypothecation and do a transfer of ownership for my two wheeler. Does anyone have contact number for a reliable RTO agent? I am charged Rs.700 by a RTO agent for both jobs together. The two jobs are at two different RTOs. Is this reasonable?

Thanks

Nirmal
I got the transfer done through this agent for 700 bucks. He did it in 5 days. I would recommend him. Pls PM me if anyone needs his number.

Nirmal
Old 26th September 2008, 11:56   #11
knp
BHPian

Hi, would any of you provide me RTO agent details as I want to re-register my Chennair registered car at Bangalore.
Also, I got NOC from Chennai and how much does the whole process of re-registration takes?

thanks,
pk
Old 26th September 2008, 12:20   #12
BANNED

Are these agents legal?

Should we rename this thread to: We support Corruption In RTO?
Old 26th September 2008, 16:35   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Are these agents legal?

Should we rename this thread to: We support Corruption In RTO?
I do not think what we are discussing here are 'agents' as in those taking money and doing some 'dingy-dally' stuff for us!

The agents referred to here are people who go and do a work for those who cannot go down and do it themselves, either due to lack of time or lack of procedural knowledge.

So, we are paying someone to get our work done - payment includes the charges and a nominal service charge to the person.

Atleast this is what I understand this thread is about.

OT: Do we need to support corruption anymore in RTO's? Is it a thriving center already! Read yesterday's TOI, you will find news where vigilance office did a surprise raid on a RTO office and found (yes - found) 63,000INR laying at random places!!! The officers said that these might be cash disposed of by the brokers when they saw the raid. The brokers were arrested due to being at the office without any valid reason. As for the RTO officers, all things were fine. Only accounted money!!!
Old 26th September 2008, 20:10   #14
Team-BHP Support

agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Are these agents legal?
Yes, they're legal, as HappyWheels has mentioned and are a good option for people who don't have much time, or for a complicated process.

Agents are familiar with the rules though, so they make your job easier.

What a lot of people don't realise, however, is that they aren't required for all jobs.
eg. There's a straight forward procedure to obtain a basic learner's license, and a lot of people end up hiring an agent for that, which really isn't necessary.
Old 5th October 2008, 08:48   #15
BHPian

My dad needs to remove hypothecation of his car at Thrissur and the agent says it will take 1.5 months. Does anyone have a contact of any agent in the area who could do it faster?

Thanks
Nirmal

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks