Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2008, 15:49   #16
Senior - BHPian

well i drive in Hyderabad, and people know the traffic manners here, so its inevitable for me to get the front and rear bumpers touched up every now and then so every summer i make it a point to get the car touched up and get the bumpers painted, then.

if one wants to see the difference, just look at the autos in bangy or chennai and compare them to Hyderabad's, it will surely raise an eye-brow or two, thats the traffic manners in Hyderabad.

so i just dont bother till the end of each winter, hhe heheh eh ehe ha ha.
Old 8th August 2008, 15:49   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Week after week after week, it is still 'next week'!
Sounds like Taareekh pe taareekh, Taareekh pe taareekh from Sunny Paji
Old 8th August 2008, 16:00   #18
Senior - BHPian

1st month itself after buying Omni, driver rammed into Bike (or it may be other way around since i was travelling ) and I repaired it immediately claimed insurance as well.

5 years from then I don't had any issues because my 2nd driver was very good, when he started showing loosing his interest I had to change him but couldnot find good drivers.

From last 1 year I have faced many scratches, small dents, broken foot step etc.. etc.. but I have spent hardly 1000/- on them to fix.

I have ordered foot step for Innova because its looking odd apart from that I have fixed dent for some extent on Matiz costed me just 1 or 2 hundreds. I didn't repaint because I don't trust / no faith in my driver.

I have made driver run the car and polish using 3M scratch removal and Amyway car polish which resulted into very good effect, its much better than before

Areas where I have put rubbing compound and polished:

1. Left Fender
2. Front Bumper
3. Left front and rear door
4. Left back panel
5. Right back panel.

I have plantey of time to give the car for repair but it would have costed more than 20,000/- to fix it so I planned using scratch removal and polish which would fix the issue 80% I am happy with the result.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 8th August 2008, 19:21   #19
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Shucks, sorry to hear about the damage Techno. Hope your baby's back in shape soon.

I get dings & dents touched up only once a year. Driving in Mumbai or any metropolitan city will see your car suffering the usual damage much too often. If I got body work done for every dent, my car would be off the road far too frequently!!
Old 8th August 2008, 19:43   #20
Senior - BHPian

Yeah GTO I will get her fixed up nicely once rains get over.

I feel better reading the replies as I do feel guilty at times for not getting her fixed but then practical reasons take over emotional ones
Old 8th August 2008, 19:49   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Blasphemy!! I'm part of the other religion in which any single ding is fixed immediately or the next day, else I lose my sleep and my body's immunity comes down.

Last edited by theMAG : 8th August 2008 at 19:50.
Old 8th August 2008, 20:00   #22
Senior - BHPian

Mahesh I belonged to that religion too until this time :|
Old 8th August 2008, 21:26   #23
Senior - BHPian

When you dent your fender, usually they end up painting the whole thing so might as well wait for the second dent so that the painting charges can be shared.

So, unless the damage looks very ugly, we send the car for an annual bodywork job.
Old 8th August 2008, 22:51   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Have a small dent on the left side rear door.

I like that dent its very nice.
Dont intend to fix it.

My dad banged the cars front bumper against a kerb causing it to have a deep dent in the fibre mould on the right edge. It looked like the car had a crooked smile.

I had been wanting to get it fixed by since the car is very old, and paint has faded a lot I have my reservations on getting the bumper fixed and repainted - I am sure it will stand out if viewed in certain angles. I know because one of the doors that was repainted stands out in a particular angle - very prominently as a slightly different shade of colour.

A week back I dropped the car nose first in rally style into a ditch - this time the left side has a similar dent. Now the crooked smile is fixed. The car looks like its grinning with all its teeth - kinda like this >

So I wont fix it till there is more damage - and then finally get a full body repair+repaint a few years down the line.
Old 8th August 2008, 22:56   #25
BANNED

Have a big dent (recently) on my so well maintained M-800 on the rear right door and a small dent on the bonnet.

Dont want to do it right now.

Want to test how long will it be to drive dentless.

But for sure come summer my M-800 will go in for a quick over coat(2nd time).

Till then i've taken liking for the dents around.
Old 9th August 2008, 00:10   #26
BANNED

What i have observed with myself is if my car gets hit and a bad dent results and if i don't get that dent fixed asap my driving would become progressively worse over the following days and probably would result in more dents. Yes i know it may sound weird but thats how it is. Another similar thing is if my motorcycle is unclean and mucky i tend to treat it rough.

So if the dent is fixed and the motorcycle is clean i'm cautious tries best to avoid another dent and treat the vehicles with respect.
Old 9th August 2008, 00:16   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
What i have observed with myself is if my car gets hit and a bad dent results and if i don't get that dent fixed asap my driving would become progressively worse over the following days and probably would result in more dents. Yes i know it may sound weird but thats how it is. Another similar thing is if my motorcycle is unclean and mucky i tend to treat it rough.

So if the dent is fixed and the motorcycle is clean i'm cautious tries best to avoid another dent and treat the vehicles with respect.

totally agree..psycholigically driving too is affected.
Old 9th August 2008, 03:41   #28
BHPian

I had bumped the LHS tail lamp of my Zen on to an electric post and had a near perfect circular hole on it, the size of a medium sized Lemon . I did not bother to replace that for over a year until one day, dad could not stand it anymore and took it to the workshop to get the unit replaced . Thanks dad !!! other than the tail lamp, I also scratched my rear RHS door while taking a turn on a tight corner just in front of my wife’s house. This was almost a 90 degree turn and not much space between the walls. This made me look like an idiot who miss judged the width of the turn / corner. It’s been more than 3 yrs now it’s still there. Been putting this off as I plan to do a full paint job and fix all the small dents and give the car to my dad. Now that I've my truck, I guess its time to move on...

Bugs
Old 9th August 2008, 12:18   #29
Senior - BHPian

Hmm some people are putting up excuses & not valid reasons.

The difference is an excuse could be, lazyness, not bothered about fixing while the reason would be when you really want to get the damagae fixed but are unable to do so due to some practical reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhagathmp
I had bumped the LHS tail lamp of my Zen on to an electric post and had a near perfect circular hole on it, the size of a medium sized Lemon . I did not bother to replace that for over a year
No Offence but this doesnt fit here. It hardly takes any time to get this fixed & if your dad could in one day so would have you.
Old 9th August 2008, 12:44   #30
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone noticed this - when the car is dented in a small way and you say let me wait for another dent so that I can justify the denting - the 2nd dent never happens ?

Most Viewed