Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2008, 14:52   #61
Senior - BHPian

Srini, My 2 cents. Do as Sam says. Just pm Rehaan and GTO and ask their opinions about the stickers. Maybe they will be able to help us out.
Old 19th August 2008, 14:53   #62
BHPian

with Sam - I don't think the logo should be changed - the original is good and accurate (rpms) - do consider adding a message like drive safe with the original logo
Old 19th August 2008, 14:53   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bglsrini View Post
Hi,
I have worked on some designs and i personally like the 3rd one.... can I have your views and if any things likes sam said is to be added ?, If said can be planned too.
Srini, we need to keep the original logo and the original design instead of doing something different.

The logos are attached please do it with the black background and will come out good.
Attached Images

Old 19th August 2008, 15:00   #64
BHPian

bglsrini,
Great job man, my vote goes for the first one. Also I would recommend writing the URL in lower case letters, lends a bit of more readibility.
Old 19th August 2008, 15:01   #65
Senior - BHPian

So, its this one. The site's logo and one that should not be causing any issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
I always liked this design:

Attachment 38616
Old 19th August 2008, 15:02   #66
BHPian

I understand,If sticker is designed and given by MODS..... then, let me produce it for the members and give it to one person who in turn can distribute it.

Can someone take the lead from here?

Last edited by bglsrini : 19th August 2008 at 15:04.
Old 19th August 2008, 15:04   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

The idea of the tagline on the internet forum is very different from the idea of a tagline on your bumper.

I am a brand person, so I am merely speaking about taglines as this is what I do for a living.

Understand the Team-BHP tagline:

Redlining the Indian automotive scene.

Translate it as:Using the car tachometer as a metaphor, Team-BHP as an internet collective is pushing the Indian Automotive scenario to its limits.

Not a car or cars or engines and speeds pushed to their limit, but the Indian car industry and scenario.The same tacho, redlined and then stuck on your bumper, or windshield carries a different meaning to the reader and a potential misunderstanding.

You want to declare yourself a proud member of this forum, go ahead- Display w w w . T e a m - B H P . c o m. You want to make it humourous and sensible statement, do the Got BHP? thing. It is approved by Team-BHP. I carry the Got BHP? line in all my JBL advertisements.

I do not think you need to carry Team-BHP's internet philosophy on your bumper or windshield.

Keep it like the Apple sticker. It doesn't talk about Apple's ideas of existence, market philosophy or products - it simply is an Apple sticker.

Simply carry a w w w . T e a m - B H P . c o m sticker on your car if you'd like to.
Don't redline anything yourself. It is only something that can be done as a collective.

And alone, in your car you are not a collective, you are merely a member.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 19th August 2008 at 15:07.
Old 19th August 2008, 15:11   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepaktpatil View Post
bglsrini,
Great job man, my vote goes for the first one. Also I would recommend writing the URL in lower case letters, lends a bit of more readibility.
From what I understand of it:
Team-BHP as a brand can only be written in two ways.

1) In full caps W W W . T E A M - B H P . C O M

2) In mixed letters w w w . T e a m - B H P . com
Old 19th August 2008, 15:47   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
From what I understand of it:
Team-BHP as a brand can only be written in two ways.

1) In full caps W W W . T E A M - B H P . C O M

2) In mixed letters w w w . T e a m - B H P . com
Sam i think this will fit the bill and no problems for anyone
Attached Thumbnails
Yet Another Sticker Discussion-logo.jpg  

Old 19th August 2008, 15:57   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

I mean no offense, but Team-BHP is the intellectual property of a person or persons. The look, brand image and philosophy is carefully controlled.

Rehaan is the official designer of Team-BHP logo related situations. I would suggest you get this design approved and corrected by him before you print anything.

If you wish you simply display the words Team-BHP.com on your car, you will not need prior approval.
But if you are looking at a design based scenario like the one you have posted, I suggest you get it approved by Rehaan before you print anything.

For starters, the font is very wrong.
Secondly you have added an extra space to the left and right of the hyphen.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 19th August 2008 at 16:04.
Old 19th August 2008, 16:03   #71
BANNED

I vote for the number-plate Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - Home sticker. Not sure if stickers ON the plate are legal, though.
Old 19th August 2008, 16:11   #72

This is what i have and what i use.
Attached Thumbnails
Yet Another Sticker Discussion-dsc01288.jpg  

Yet Another Sticker Discussion-dsc02819.jpg  

Yet Another Sticker Discussion-dsc02820.jpg  

Old 19th August 2008, 16:13   #73
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Yes SAM

Yours is an extremely valid point. I would be proud to stick a TBHP Sticker on my vehicles but would sincerely appreciate it if such a sticker were to carry a civic/ social responsibility message on it promoting our group values and demonstrating that we are responsible citizens. Also if it is possible, can this sticker be made with glue on the face so one can stick it on from INSIDE the vehicle please? And I agree we should not make any changes to the artwork of the logo/ branding unit of TBHP which already exists. Do let us know when these are likely to become available! cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Here's what I think. Even though no one asked me.

There should be a civic message. Something about sober driving, or responsible driving.

For every 50 wonderful, responsible forum members, there will be at least one over-enthusiatic racer, or drinker who is going to crash his car someday.

Do you want a Team-BHP.com, redlining the Indian Automotive scene sticker at the scene of a drink and drive accident or a dragrace gone wrong?
Oh take it from a marketing man, the journalists will have field day with that one.

The perpetrator in question was part of an automotive hobby club that promotes redlining, engine modification and even has an rpm meter with the needle pushed to the limit as part of its logo. No wonder the youngster was driven to this accident.

No, IMHO there are 2 things to be achieved from a civic message.

1) We show our collective values as a forum, promoting responsible driving and no drinking etc.

2) We protect our the reputation of our forum from potential mud-slinging in the case of an untoward accident.

But then I'm not even a car lover, why should anyone listen to me. I'll go do my work now. Good night, have fun with your stickers.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 19th August 2008 at 16:18.
Old 19th August 2008, 16:13   #74
Senior - BHPian

Sam, we need a favour from you!

Is it possible for you to print some 'Got BHP? www.Team-BHP.com' stickers for us?
We will contribute towards the costs of printing, shipping etc.
Old 19th August 2008, 16:20   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Sam, we need a favour from you!

Is it possible for you to print some 'Got BHP? www.Team-BHP.com' stickers for us?
We will contribute towards the costs of printing, shipping etc.
Me?
I can get these printed yes.

Contribution towards printing and shipping is a logistical nightmare and honestly, I cannot do that.

Eventually, I believe Team-BHP intends to have a situation where you can order official merchandise, including stickers. I would suggest you wait and watch with some patience. I suppose GTO will let everyone know when and if that is possible. I have no idea.

Meanwhile, a sticker like the one Cyrus has, made by a regular sticker guy is cool.

(Cyrus, the sticker below is wrong because the "T" needs to be capital, the one above is cool)

Please note: I am not the official spokesperson of Team-BHP. Team-BHP as a website may not subscribe to my suggestions.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 19th August 2008 at 16:22.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks