Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2008, 16:38   #91
BHPian

Guys,this is something which I had on my car.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...41-medium-.jpg

Last edited by Veelubai : 20th August 2008 at 16:48.
Old 21st August 2008, 13:11   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post

...if you have a little excess money, I suggest you give it to charity, instead of wasting it on stickers.
Sam,

I suggested we do that, when the discussion of what to do with the extra money. The idea was voted down - I was the only one for it. I personally feel that while we have enough resources to spend Rs. 250 per person - that excludes the fule costs - to have a good time for 6 hours, we do not have the heart to contribute the left over change to some one needy.

And we go ahead and spend all these manhours and resources on discussing what kind of sticker we want.

Cheers,
Rajan
Old 21st August 2008, 13:38   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
Sam,

I suggested we do that, when the discussion of what to do with the extra money. The idea was voted down - I was the only one for it.
You are a good man Patchy. Good idea to spend on those cannot afford food, let alone fun-filled meets with their friends.

Also we should pack up all the extra food after Team-BHP meets and distribute them to the homeless on the streets. That doesn't take much effort.

But in any case, this is a discussion for another thread.
Old 21st August 2008, 14:46   #94
Senior - BHPian

This is what I have on my rear windshield of my OHC.
It's simple, It serves it's purpose and says I'm proud to be associated with TEAM-BHP
Attached Thumbnails
Yet Another Sticker Discussion-sushruth-252.jpg  

Old 21st August 2008, 15:13   #95
Senior - BHPian

1 more pic... Sorry forgot to add it in my previous post.
Attached Thumbnails
Yet Another Sticker Discussion-sushruth-050.jpg  

Old 21st August 2008, 15:20   #96
BHPian

Quote:
You are a good man Patchy. Good idea to spend on those cannot afford food, let alone fun-filled meets with their friends.

Also we should pack up all the extra food after Team-BHP meets and distribute them to the homeless on the streets. That doesn't take much effort.

But in any case, this is a discussion for another thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
Sam,
I personally feel that while we have enough resources to spend Rs. 250 per person - that excludes the fule costs - to have a good time for 6 hours, we do not have the heart to contribute the left over change to some one needy.
Cheers,
Rajan
As SAM mentioned why don't we start a thread?
We can collect some money\clothes etc from members periodically and some one can delver them to the NGO's who will take care of distribution.
This is my personal opinion
Old 21st August 2008, 15:29   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohang_j View Post
We can collect some money\clothes etc from members periodically and some one can delver them to the NGO's who will take care of distribution.
I can do that, but only for animals, i do celebrate my special occastions by providing the dog foods, bread to the animals, for an NGO ARF.
Old 21st August 2008, 15:33   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
We have been through a similar discussion on another thread. I do not think opening a "Let's do some charity" thread is the answer.

I think each one of us can do some charity in his micro-universe. The best charity is the one that is done silently.
Old 21st August 2008, 15:38   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Never plan for these things. Do it before you think twice else you may change your mind. Other important thing is, just do it yourself.

Quote:
I think each one of us can do some charity in his micro-universe. The best charity is the one that is done silently.
Right on point.
Old 21st August 2008, 15:39   #100
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Yes Sam

I seem to remember having had this discussion with you and several others on some other thread.

And YES, it is important to remain focussed and do something for the people who belong to one's own micro-universe, starting with the daily maid and other attendants/ help/ office boys, less fortunate people and animals in the neighbourhood etc.

That is the best way to make a small difference to the world around us.

Quote:
We have been through a similar discussion on another thread. I do not think opening a "Let's do some charity" thread is the answer.

Old 21st August 2008, 15:43   #101
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC: SORRY: But, this is a nice thing you do. I love animals too and make contributions to CUPA in Hebbal who look after the strays and other abandoned animals - from dogs to cows to horses etc etc. They are good people there.

I wish more people would just contribute a small amount to look after all those poor creatures, many of whom have silently and loyally served their human masters only to be asked to buzz off when their apparent usefulness was over and done with. Poor things. Most unfair on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bangalore View Post
I can do that, but only for animals, i do celebrate my special occastions by providing the dog foods, bread to the animals, for an NGO ARF.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 21st August 2008 at 15:45.
Old 21st August 2008, 16:11   #102
BHPian

Quote:
100% I agree with you SAM.I dint mean that we have to do it for publicity.I was just thinking of collective effort.
Old 21st August 2008, 16:20   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I suggested we do that, when the discussion of what to do with the extra money. The idea was voted down - I was the only one for it.
@ Rajan
I was remembering that when Sam suggested giving away the money to charity. I even made an uncharitable remark when you were voted out, feeling sorry ever since.
Hope I can make it up somehow.

Quote:
COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC: SORRY: But, this is a nice thing you do. I love animals too and make contributions to CUPA in Hebbal who look after the strays and other abandoned animals - from dogs to cows to horses etc etc. They are good people there.
I have adopted quite a few strays from CUPA for my farm, they call me whenever they feel they have too many strays.
Old 21st August 2008, 16:35   #104
BHPian

STICKERS... STICKERS... STICKERS.... Shall we get back to them?
Old 21st August 2008, 16:59   #105
BHPian

sticker discussion is always a discussion....... can we get it ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks