Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2008, 21:06   #1
BHPian

Barclays Premier League 2008-2009

Guess its about time to unleash the Managers,Coaches, Tacticians and down right hard core FANS of Football within the hearts and minds of T-Bhpians.

Im a GUNNER through each and every vein and Ill never imagine walking down green street even if i make a million by doing so .

So here we are, at the start of a shiny new Premier League season, I'm definitely ( cant use defo cause that sounds like a green street product) going into the new season with the usual levels of apprehension.But heck, we actually got wide players now!!!.We got better goal scoring midfielders and this season is all about proving that our youth system does make world class players.Walcott , Bendtner , Diaby , Denilson and Carlos Vela are all in for regular first team slots. Clichy and Sagna are still just kids in footballing terms but they are already stars!!!!.What you have here is Kit-cars that Arsene has designed only for the world to know they are better than production models - Read Glory buyers like Man u and Chelsea.

Van the man has got the Rolls Royce of left foots, Rosicky the same with his right, Ade the solar powered car that just doesnt stop running once on the pitch, Eduardo with Brazilian technique, Nasri being dubbed as Zizou, in a Lotus Elise.Last but not least , its CESC FABREGAS.....Our very own Arsene Wenger Designed and Tuned M5. Not to forget groundsman Paul Burgess for giving these world class vehicles an opportunity to express themselves on the Autobhan of Pitches week in week out.

I guess every non gunner is looking at this thinking this guy certainly doesn't lay down the doom and gloom thats been predicted.But as mentioned , If at all there is a reason for us gunners to have kept the faith in the past,the time has come this season for us all to realise if Arsene truly had a vision with his youngsters and has turned the fortunes of a Club.

A State of the Art stadium, 3rd richest in revenue generation across the whole wide world,spending a 10th of transfer fees compared to all other "top clubs" and still holding onto Champions League qualification every year, making a profit on all transfer windows,doing the impossible and bringing home the tag of " invincible's",recreating the Ajax of the 70's. All these are special achievements and Arsene's( and ARSENAL's) success stories! The next big step is the new Arsenal XI to win a medal.

People and certainly myself after the disappointment's of last season( just one game - B'ham),seem to forget that most of these players are in their early twenties. If they click together which they have to for Arsene's and ARSENAL's sake, that in itself is a decision that has made millions for our team.Shirt sales by stars and endorsements for 10 yrs, this is all superficial achievements to please the kids of present generation. How ARSENAL works is similar to a JAGUAR,you never have to question about the engine thats hidden inside,one ends up just admiring the quality,design,finesse and class when spoken about.Arsenal is one club where you will not find the business end of Football taking over from the passion and beauty of the game.

There is 2 characters in the making of this vehicle i haven't spoken about, Gallas and Kolo Toure. Gallas is purely a medal holder in the team and thats needed for the youngsters to know what it feels like.If not for this reason,i would have him sold by now. Kolo Toure is THE TRUE ARSENAL CAPTAIN, nuff said.

All the others are still at the fine tuning stages and one that will hurt us most will be the goal keeper. I just hope this doesnt prove to be the kink in the design and it proves me wrong. The regret would be for us having to buy a production model like Christian Abiatti.

I'll always have the faith in watching a team learning to laugh together , stand together, walk together,play together and enjoy their success together.Arsneal is not going to have match winners like Ronaldo and Drogba, but if ARSENAL win a medal this season .... WE are all going to see a team that has begun to have fun and sit back and realize this team has only just now turned one.Ill certainly be smiling knowing I've watched something special grow.

Enjoy the Football.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks