Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2008, 21:19   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Sir William Morris' Property up for sale

Sir William Morris' Property up for sale-nuffieldplace.jpg
Source : Nuffield-place.com with inputs from yours truly

This lovely house was once the residence of Sir William Richard Morris and his late wife (later Lord Nuffield) from 1933-1963, the year he passed away.He was the founder owner of Morris Motors UK.The Nuffield College (Medical) which is housed here and was set up by Lord Nuffield.It was recently featured in England's 1000 best houses.The house has lots of memorabilia of the furnitures, tapestry and other items used by its owner.He was a benefactor to the city of Oxford to the field of medicine and education, Oxford University and also to motoring.
This house is visited by Morris car fans regularly.It has been decided to sell it during end of September 2008. The Morris car clubs are up in arms and are collecting funds to buy out the property so that motoring history is not vanquished.
I came to know about it from the Quarterly journal "Quality First" of the Morris Cowley, Oxford and Issis Owners Club, Oxford, UK, that reached me by mail just today. The MCOC is desperately campaigning to prevent its sale for commercial use. Soon I logged in to the "Save Nuffield Place" website . Its sad that history should get obliterated and give way to commerce. Even our very own Hindustan Motors owes its origin to Morris Motors.

Last edited by Rehaan : 16th August 2008 at 04:19. Reason: Formatting tags removed.
Old 16th August 2008, 21:07   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

some more pictures from Nuffield Place Home Page
Sir William Morris' Property up for sale-nuffield.jpg

Sir William Morris' Property up for sale-nuffield-2.jpg

Sir William Morris' Property up for sale-nuffiled-3.jpg

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 16th August 2008 at 21:11.
anjan_c2007 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed