So, which image do you like more? The red pill, or the blue pill
The Official non-auto Image thread-ixgr6q98xl.jpg

The Official non-auto Image thread-it4pbwzgxl.jpg
Old 5th March 2013, 04:12   #15482
BHPian

Re: The Official non-auto Image thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post

I finally got a chance to play with the EM-5 and 75mm F/1.8. Here are 3 test shots shot at F/1.8:

I love this little kit and the 75mm lens. My wife has already 'adopted' it fully ("It's mine!" she proclaimed) and once she gets familiar with it, I'm probably going to be banished from Oly land and back to my brick like Nikons.

Plan to do some tests with the 45mm 1.8 soon.
Thank you for uploading those photos, the 75mm is a special lens. When are you getting your own OM-D?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Beautiful capture there, Veeresh!

Likir, a not so popular location in Ladakh.
Thank you Rudra, that compliment coming from you is a big deal for me . Have you printed your photograph? I am curious to see how the rays come out in print.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
Love the first pic with greater detail.
Thanks buddy, the light was truly awesome, even my camera phone photos look beautiful because of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
So, which image do you like more? The red pill, or the blue pill
Red pill, of course. How did you get that effect?

Couple from me..

"La Minerve":

The Official non-auto Image thread-8527228476_eebc001079_c.jpg

Chauncey Spencer's Gear:

The Official non-auto Image thread-8527228276_97cd4c64ed_c.jpg
Old 5th March 2013, 09:04   #15483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Deetee,

Macro shooting is extremely challenging, because we need to take care of so many things. Despite having a good macro gear I seldom manage to get a good macro, I probably get one good macro shot a year.

Macro is shooting is not just about magnification, you also have to get your composition spot on. Composition is the most difficult and most important aspect of macro image.

This is one of my rare good macro shot. A stalk of rice.

It is easier to shoot macro in P&S than dSLR, but if you can do it with dSLR, nothing like it. These are the challenges in macro shooting.

1) Composition: You need a really creative mind to consistently create good compositions. I often throw away every shot after a 2-3 hour session.
2) DOF: The macro lenses offer DOF in millimeters, which means you have to shoot with really narrow aperture, basically F-stop in double digits to get even an inch worth of DOF.
3) Speed: High F-stop means you have to compensate using low shutter speed. That means hand-holding is out of question, you have to use tripod. Even clicking can induce a shake, even the mirror slap can induce a shake. So you have to lock the mirror before clicking, and also use remote release to avoid touching the camera.
4) Conditions: Shooting that lovely flower in the garden? Pick a time when there is no wind, say early morning. If there is wind, the flower will keep moving in and out of your DOF and even the entire frame. Since you are forced to shoot low-speed, you can't afford even the slightest shake.

After all the precautions you have taken with the conditions and technique, you will still find almost all your shots very ordinary if you can't get the composition right. That is why photomacrography is one of the most frustrating experience. But it can also be very rewarding if you can get it right. There is a guy in PAAI named Image (Ram) who gets it right most of the time. A macro done right, can blow your mind away.
Thanks!

Just got myself a lens. Man! didnt imagine this was so tough.

And really nice pic.

@ TSK! Nice pix.

Last edited by jkdas : 5th March 2013 at 09:07.
Old 5th March 2013, 11:13   #15484
Team-BHP Support

Thanks guys
The picture was created with a flashlight, a glass, and slow shutter speed(30 seconds)
Old 5th March 2013, 12:33   #15485
Senior - BHPian

Contribution from my side after a long slumber.

Random food shots at the Cafe Mangi @ Amanora Town Center

The Official non-auto Image thread-dsc06718-copy.jpg

The Official non-auto Image thread-dsc06721-copy.jpg

The Official non-auto Image thread-dsc06722-copy.jpg
Old 5th March 2013, 13:20   #15486
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellwratH View Post
Thank you for uploading those photos, the 75mm is a special lens. When are you getting your own OM-D?
Nice pics Veeresh.

I've been travelling so not had much time to play with that delightful lens. But is so well made (made in Japan) with a butter smooth focus ring. Not that the 45mm is bad quality wise but the 75mm is ahead as it is all metal. I will shoot the same scene with the 45mm also to check the bokeh and upload them here. Forgot to mention I am a bokeh and fast lens connoisseur.

As for my own OM-D, no chance. Hmm...may be when the EM-6 comes out? Or hey waitaminute I like the Fuji XE-1 and their lenses too. Just kidding mate. Had enough of cameras and lenses for some time. I will in all probability be back in Nikon land and have to be satisfied with time-sharing the Oly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
Here are a few from my side....hope you like it
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
One from mobile camera
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
They are actually light paintings
Really nice pics guys. BTW Tanveer I like the blue one it's really easy on the eyes what with the max temps in Pune already at hovering around 38 Celcius.
Old 5th March 2013, 15:52   #15487

This is probably my first real post on the forum. Thanks GTO for introducing me to this part of the forum.

Okay, so our family's been using a point and shoot for years. My dad did have an SLR probably 2 decades ago but I dont think he followed it very passionately and eventually just scrapped all his gear.

It was about 2 months ago that we decided to buy a new camera. The obvious decision was to go for another point and shoot (this would be our 3rd one in 6 years). Anyway, the only PS camera we liked was actually as expensive as a entry level DSLR camera. The earlier notion was the DSLR's are very expensive. Made a quick turn from Croma and went to a local cannon store where we picked up a Canon 1100D with 2 Kit lenses. One being the 18-55mm and the other being the 55-250mm.

I must say, I've already clicked close to 6400 pictures (in 2 months). Although I did make 2 recent trips, I now spend a lot of time over the weekends carrying my camera and shooting whatever I like. Anyway here goes. I'll upload a few images that are my personal favorite. Do share your opinion.

Will keep sharing!
Attached Thumbnails
The Official non-auto Image thread-img_0578.jpg  

The Official non-auto Image thread-img_0868.jpg  

The Official non-auto Image thread-img_2701.jpg  

The Official non-auto Image thread-img_3698.jpg  

The Official non-auto Image thread-img_3776.jpg  

The Official non-auto Image thread-img_3840.jpg  

The Official non-auto Image thread-img_4496.jpg  

The Official non-auto Image thread-img_4650.jpg  

The Official non-auto Image thread-img_4657.jpg  

The Official non-auto Image thread-img_4834.jpg  

The Official non-auto Image thread-img_5936.jpg  

The Official non-auto Image thread-img_5946.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 5th March 2013 at 16:41. Reason: Post edited. Please see rule #11. Thanks.
Old 5th March 2013, 16:38   #15488
BHPian

Great pics, there

A few from my side, both shot from the mobile phone. The tree was shot using an Android HDR app.
Attached Thumbnails
The Official non-auto Image thread-20120106_145436_hdr.jpg  

The Official non-auto Image thread-lit.jpg  

Old 5th March 2013, 17:22   #15489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
..Someone from overseas is interested in buying one of my images for printing 1000 copies of a poster which is going to be printed in A5 size. How much should I demand? I was initially thinking $150, but they are saying they usually get images on contract for $49 for 5 high res images.....
The number of online image stores are plenty these days. Everyone has a DSLR and the collections in various genres are huge. Pricing will depend on how unique your pic is. Majority of the subjects are available online from as little as $5 to $20. Saddest part is what the actual shooter gets. Online stores take the major chunk of profit and pass very little to the contributor. The only reason your Q got my attention is that I am launching my own online store in couple of weeks
Old 6th March 2013, 11:40   #15490
BHPian

Utsav Chowk Kharghar shot during blue hour...

The Official non-auto Image thread-img_4100_1_2_tonemapped.jpg
Old 6th March 2013, 13:23   #15491
Senior - BHPian

A different take on the world's tallest building (at the moment) Burj Khalifa

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
Attached Thumbnails
The Official non-auto Image thread-image0641.jpg  

Old 6th March 2013, 22:31   #15492
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
The number of online image stores are plenty these days. Everyone has a DSLR and the collections in various genres are huge. Pricing will depend on how unique your pic is. Majority of the subjects are available online from as little as $5 to $20. Saddest part is what the actual shooter gets. Online stores take the major chunk of profit and pass very little to the contributor. The only reason your Q got my attention is that I am launching my own online store in couple of weeks
The deal went through and I got USD 100 for the picture, which I believe is quite a decent price!

It was an automobile shot and they bought it to prepare an ad layout in the form of an A5 handout, which is going to be printed 1500 copies.

Yes, it was kind of a unique shot when you search with certain keywords which was exactly their requirement!

Your online store? Looking forward to it!

Last edited by clevermax : 6th March 2013 at 22:32.
Old 6th March 2013, 23:18   #15493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Really nice pics guys. BTW Tanveer I like the blue one it's really easy on the eyes what with the max temps in Pune already at hovering around 38 Celcius.
speaking of temperatures, I woke up to this today. that's 28F on the window at right.

The Official non-auto Image thread-dsc05359.jpg

The Official non-auto Image thread-dsc05356.jpg
Old 7th March 2013, 10:07   #15494
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The deal went through and I got USD 100 for the picture, which I believe is quite a decent price.....Your online store? Looking forward to it!
As I said, it all depends on the uniqueness of your image. Glad you could command the price. Right now its a huge flow of online image seller platforms but the actual photographer gets only a fraction of the price. So I decided to sell mine without depending on these sites. Will update more on this when the process is complete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
speaking of temperatures, I woke up to this today. that's 28F on the window at right......
You still see the same out of your window ? I thought its already spring over there ! This is something in my bucket list to watch & experience: If my memory is still intact, the lowest I have felt so far in life is just 5° Celsius (my college days in Punjab 87-90)
Old 7th March 2013, 18:03   #15495
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Not that the 45mm is bad quality wise but the 75mm is ahead as it is all metal. I will shoot the same scene with the 45mm also to check the bokeh and upload them here. Forgot to mention I am a bokeh and fast lens connoisseur.
Here is the same scene taken with the Oly 45mm F/1.8. Have added the old 75mm F/1.8 shot for a comparison.

The 45mm (1st from top) is good but the 75mm has excellent bokeh IMO. It's a classic telephoto portrait lens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
speaking of temperatures, I woke up to this today. that's 28F on the window at right.
That's a nice scene. 28F/-2C is cold, and very cold compared to the heat here in peninsular India. I can bet you are waiting for the spring at the end of March/April.
Attached Thumbnails
The Official non-auto Image thread-45mm2.jpg  

The Official non-auto Image thread-75mm.jpg  

Last edited by R2D2 : 7th March 2013 at 18:08.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks