Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Sour grapes? Taken in Kambam.

Attachment 77716
Mouth watering photo.
Old 8th December 2008, 19:27   #4367
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_sid View Post
@ Samurai Yes, the bokehs are good , but again circular and hexagonal , are you a so called Nikonian or Cannonian?
Mrs. Rathika Ramaswamy would have known not to ask me that question. The lens I used was 50-200mm at 200mm and F/3.5 to get that first dragonfly shot, which completely blurred the background. By reducing the aperature I could have fine-tuned the bokeh. But hand-holding at 200mm at higher F-stop caused shakes.

Quote:
This guy is known as Bokah, not Bokeh. One of the most elusive males of Bandhavgarh. taken by D80 and 70-300 in 2006
That's a great shot, wish someday I can shoot a cat so well-lit by golden evening sun.
Old 8th December 2008, 20:30   #4368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Disclaimer: This prime lens and zoom lens argument has been going on for donkey's years and will go on. So lets end it here. And share some beautiful pics.
Off Topic: You start an argument and want to end it with yours being the last words? not fair
Old 8th December 2008, 22:21   #4369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyonblackybx View Post
Awesome shots, What lens? how did you get so close?
Thats why i have a 4X4 Jeep , these birds are not afraid about vehicle. But the moment you are on foot, they are gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
@TG: Great shot of Bellagio, Terry Benedict would have liked the shot.

@Sreeraj: These are some wonderful captures, I know how much of hard work goes into these shots. I simple don't have the patience to shoot birds.
Thanks Samurai.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Very nice pic. Is this pic of Bangalore??
Yes it is outskirts of Bangalore

Quote:
trust me its not the sigma, that DOF and Bokeh is only possible by a prime lens
Its indeed a Bigma- sigma 50-500. No its not a PP circus its natural DOF. I agree on your thoughts about Prime lens. But Having used for almost 3 years, this lens gave me Amazing results. I know Rathika and she is an amazing photographer. But i do not think that having a prime will get you good shots, as Samurai rightly told, its the man behind the camera. I learned it in a hard way. I cannot afford Primes now, so i "Depend" on my Bigma. Rather live with the drawbacks of it.

Thanks
--sree--
Old 9th December 2008, 00:10   #4370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerajunnithan View Post
Thats why i have a 4X4 Jeep , these birds are not afraid about vehicle. But the moment you are on foot, they are gone.
Thanks for the Tip I shall try next time
Old 9th December 2008, 10:49   #4371
BHPian

Tried this while I was in pune a Vertical panorama(not sure if these kind of pictures are know with some other name)
Used 3 pictures to create this on PhotoShop.

Old 9th December 2008, 12:23   #4372
BHPian

Its indeed a Bigma- sigma 50-500. No its not a PP circus its natural DOF. I agree on your thoughts about Prime lens. But Having used for almost 3 years, this lens gave me Amazing results. I know Rathika and she is an amazing photographer. But i do not think that having a prime will get you good shots, as Samurai rightly told, its the man behind the camera. I learned it in a hard way. I cannot afford Primes now, so i "Depend" on my Bigma. Rather live with the drawbacks of it.

Thanks
--sree--[/quote]

Right sreeraj, I also do believe that its the man behind the lens and not the gear, I also " Depend" on my 70-300 mm for my tiger stints as you have correctly mentioned affordability. But then again meeting some of the masters of the trade in the jungles and their gears, I sometimes do get biased, normal human tendency ehh.... I havent tried bird shoots, but If i ever try i would love to take pictures like you. So let peace prevail and let the " Tigers Live". One for all of you, and @rjvora I have almost 8 GB of tiger snaps see if you like this one .
Attached Thumbnails
The Official non-auto Image thread-3091131029_969dd7cf63_b.jpg  

Old 9th December 2008, 12:36   #4373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@rjvora I have almost 8 GB of tiger snaps see if you like this one .
8 GB of Tiger !!!

That's too big for me.
I loved this one.
Old 9th December 2008, 13:55   #4374
BHPian

@Sid
Awesome man.
"its the man behind the camera that matters" I could not agree more!
Wonderful tiger shots!
Old 9th December 2008, 14:41   #4375
BHPian

Thank you Torque, one more thing to qualify the man behind the camera matters. U know when I first started on this hobby of tigers, I had a EOS 300D with aTammy 70-300mm. If you guys would like to see the first tiger pic i took, then I would you that. It was in 2003 Kanha.During this sighting the tiger stopped faced our absolutely open gypsy and growled, I almost pissed in my pants.By myself I wouldnt dare to even bring it in front of public.
For me the man, his photographic sense and " nerves" added matters.Look at the shake, messed exposure, wrond focal length and everything gone wrong when you hear the blood curdling roar..
Attached Thumbnails
The Official non-auto Image thread-3095228852_588b9676c3_b.jpg  

Old 9th December 2008, 15:10   #4376
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Right sreeraj, I also do believe that its the man behind the lens and not the gear, I also " Depend" on my 70-300 mm for my tiger stints as you have correctly mentioned affordability. But then again meeting some of the masters of the trade in the jungles and their gears, I sometimes do get biased, normal human tendency ehh....
Neither Sreeraj nor me are Nikonian or Canonian. We belong to the family that is often pooh-poohed for having a smaller sensor than APS-C, but the lenses are worth worshipping.

Last edited by Samurai : 9th December 2008 at 15:12.
Old 9th December 2008, 16:00   #4377
BHPian

@Samurai: Come on.Advance photo System type "classic" is a tiny winy bit of a sensor. Oh I also I tried my hand on bird photography, only once and this is what I shot.
Attached Thumbnails
The Official non-auto Image thread-1351783638_d3a22240ca_b.jpg  

Old 9th December 2008, 16:56   #4378
BHPian

Amazing photos sid.. loved the tigers. I have given up hope of seeing one in wild
Old 9th December 2008, 17:20   #4379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazikon View Post
Amazing photos sid.. loved the tigers. I have given up hope of seeing one in wild

Thank you Shazikon, why is it so? Spotting tigers is not that difficult, in Bandhavgarh, or pench .yes, Kanha its a tad difficult because of its vastness is a little difficult. Moreover now bandhavgarh has got even more oppertunity as the Khetauli range which was off limits to tourists ( as it was considered to be the core area) have been opened up. Though knowing a few people here and there made it possible for me to enter Khetauli and panpatha.
Old 9th December 2008, 19:12   #4380
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thank you Shazikon, why is it so? Spotting tigers is not that difficult, in Bandhavgarh, or pench .yes, Kanha its a tad difficult because of its vastness is a little difficult.
Spotting tigers in the South is lot more difficult.

BTW, the parrot shot is excellent.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks