Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqueguru View Post
Mods! Are you listening???
Yes, yes, we are watching.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
Untill and unless TSK or Rudra Sir
One is away, other is busy. You'll have to settle for me for now.

First, wanted to get the feel of what is expected here.

1) Assuming whole week will be one theme, what happens if somebody wants to post something outside of the theme?
2) Are the images going to be critiqued? Do people want to be critiqued? I can tell you it will get ugly. It could be optional too. Or it could be just fun, bad images are welcome as well as good pics.
3) Will there be a voting, will there be a winner? (this would need mod team approval before we can allow contest like this)
4) Any other ideas to improve the concept?

Based on your feedback, we will discuss in the support team and will come out with a structured plan.
Old 28th August 2009, 20:17   #6347
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

What you can do is, have a separate thread where you post only pics based on the weekly theme chosen. That way, you don't have to worry about people who want to post other images here.
Old 28th August 2009, 20:21   #6348
Senior - BHPian

my thoughts are inline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post

1) Assuming whole week will be one theme, what happens if somebody wants to post something outside of the theme?

I think we should just expect people to post more on the theme, but the regular posting should go on.

2) Are the images going to be critiqued? Do people want to be critiqued? I can tell you it will get ugly. It could be optional too. Or it could be just fun, bad images are welcome as well as good pics.

just as much as we critique today.

3) Will there be a voting, will there be a winner? (this would need mod team approval before we can allow contest like this)

I personally won't want it to be a contest.

yes, it will be tedious and boring very soon. my suggestion is to have a theme week every month or two months, it can be announced in advance. It will be difficult for people to make an effort to get a specific themed pic every week. in addition, we will run out of ideas very soon.

Old 28th August 2009, 20:29   #6349
Senior - BHPian

Sorry on missing You out Samurai. I think you the most regular here so You should be the One.

Criticism is no problem, i think this thread has done good enough with constructive criticism, and so far no one has taken any offence.

All pics good or bad should be allowed, I am saying this because my pics would all be bad in front of you guys but i am willing to be criticised and hence learn to make them better the next time.

Good idea about the contest Samurai.
Old 28th August 2009, 20:39   #6350
Senior - BHPian

+1 to the theme concept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
yes, it will be tedious and boring very soon. my suggestion is to have a theme week every month or two months, it can be announced in advance. It will be difficult for people to make an effort to get a specific themed pic every week. in addition, we will run out of ideas very soon.
+1 to this thought too.
Old 28th August 2009, 20:54   #6351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
What you can do is, have a separate thread where you post only pics based on the weekly theme chosen. That way, you don't have to worry about people who want to post other images here.
Now that sounds sensible!

@Samuari
And I completely agree with your thoughts there.

Last edited by Samurai : 28th August 2009 at 22:37.
Old 28th August 2009, 21:49   #6352
BHPian

Quote:

Based on your feedback, we will discuss in the support team and will come out with a structured plan.
You may try this:

1. Let one person start the contest by giving a "Subject for the week/month". He becomes the judge for the moment.

2. Let people post pictures (taken only after the contest is announced), and allow others to comment on them. All pictures should be posted with the Contest Name as the heading.

3. However, the Judge decides which picture is the best and that photographer becomes the new Judge and decides on the "Subject" for the next contest (and so on...).
Old 28th August 2009, 22:46   #6353
Senior - BHPian

The Official non-auto Image thread-candle.jpg

Do you like power cuts?
Old 28th August 2009, 23:00   #6354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Attachment 181703

Do you like power cuts?
aha ; jyothy !

Nice one.
Old 29th August 2009, 00:05   #6355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Attachment 181703

Do you like power cuts?
Yeah I do like power cuts, provided that I have my camera handy along with tripod :P
Attached Thumbnails
The Official non-auto Image thread-candle.jpg  

Old 29th August 2009, 08:41   #6356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Ok. so today's code word is daughters.
While we are still at it, here's a pic of my 1.5 month old niece
Attached Thumbnails
The Official non-auto Image thread-img_0832.jpg  

Old 29th August 2009, 11:31   #6357
Senior - BHPian

Clevermax, that was too good. Its my wallpaper for a while. Certain things we just take it for granted, but captured well, it makes a whole world of difference !
Old 29th August 2009, 11:39   #6358
Distinguished - BHPian

Taken off the west coast of Sri Lanka. Different times of sunset.
Attached Thumbnails
The Official non-auto Image thread-dpp_0056.jpg  

The Official non-auto Image thread-dpp_0059.jpg  

Last edited by theMAG : 29th August 2009 at 11:47.
Old 29th August 2009, 12:44   #6359
Senior - BHPian

Criticism is the first step for improvement and amendment for any. C&C should remain and be an integral part as well.

I did not understand Sharath, when you said it might get ugly. In what way? You mean the criticism shall border on deriding and humiliate?

I think that should not be allowed and nipped in the bud. There could be a rank beginner who would post his/her first pics that he/she thinks are his/her's best effort. Now that may not be so for the seasoned here.

To deride & humiliate that person on a forum is not done and would be totally demoralising, discouraging and may cause dejection as well.

We are members here to share, learn and improve our knowledge and skills, whether be it the automotive or any other topic/field and not to score brownie points or show superiority over anybody.

My 2 cents..

Quote:

Last edited by gd1418 : 29th August 2009 at 12:58.
Old 29th August 2009, 12:56   #6360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Criticism is the first step for improvement and amendment for any. C&C should remain and be an integral part as well.

I did not understand Sharath, when you said it might get ugly. In what way? You mean the criticism shall border on deriding and humiliate?

I think that should not be allowed and nipped in the bud. There could be a rank beginner who would post his/her first pics that he/she thinks are his/her's best eefort. Now that may not be so for the seasoned here.

To deride & humiliate that person on a forum is not done and would be totally demoralising, discouraging and may cause dejection as well.

We are members here to share, learn and improve our knowledge and skills, whether be it the automotive or any other topic/field and not to score brownie points or show superiority over anybody.

My 2 cents..
As far as my experience goes from the other photography forums, most people don't handle criticism that well. I am glad the members here are much more mature and accepting and are ready to learn. More often than not, when a person is criticized about his/her work, they tend to take it personally. It's the work that is being criticized not the person. Hence, it should be ok if all of us understand this simple thing and try to improve our photography.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks