Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2010, 13:48   #8131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellwratH View Post
I have been on two photo walks over this weekend. Here are some shots,
HellwratH,
Very nice photographs of the Dhobi Ghat and the Sadhu. The one with your daughter takes the number one spot as it is very natural, the relationship you two share is very well expressed without any contact.
Old 15th March 2010, 13:52   #8132
BHPian

@theMAG
The 5th shot is brilliant. Well done.

@Preetam
Nice try, I would say, composition can surely be better though.

The Official non-auto Image thread-4430689715_e442be29f8_b.jpg
Regards,
TG.
Old 15th March 2010, 13:58   #8133
Senior - BHPian

@TG: The "Ray' of light right? Brilliant!!
Old 15th March 2010, 14:05   #8134
BHPian

Haha, yes The "ray" of light
Old 15th March 2010, 14:11   #8135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
HellwratH,
Very nice photographs of the Dhobi Ghat and the Sadhu. The one with your daughter takes the number one spot as it is very natural, the relationship you two share is very well expressed without any contact.
Thank you for your kind words Fazal. Well, I am yet to have a kid, err..or rather I am yet to change my relationship status from single to married :P. It was more of a street/candid shot of a fater and his daughter .
Old 15th March 2010, 14:32   #8136
Distinguished - BHPian

I am sorry to keep posting long exposure shots. But, thats what i got for now

View of Shimla at night from the Mall Road !!!
Attached Thumbnails
The Official non-auto Image thread-dsc_9882.jpg  

Old 15th March 2010, 14:38   #8137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
2. What cranes !! There are probably more cranes than leaves in trees there
4. The cranes nest only within the rough geographical stretch of the village! Not a single crane if you inch past the village-limits.
I'll let the photos do the talking.
Yes - your photos do speak a lot! Wonderful shots.

I am adding a poor replica of what you had done (just so that some of fellow t-bhpians can have a look at it)... This place is also a veritable sanctuary for water birds - flamingoes take the pride of place here. We did see the same painted storks which you had photographed, and were told there is a big colony of them nearby. (The camera is only a point and shoot Canon A450. No photography software used - only cropped the pictures to reduce their size).

I presume villagers in these area share the same feelings which you have wonderfully explained.
Attached Thumbnails
The Official non-auto Image thread-bhatji.jpg  

The Official non-auto Image thread-stranger.jpg  

The Official non-auto Image thread-flame1.jpg  

The Official non-auto Image thread-flame2.jpg  

The Official non-auto Image thread-deepak.jpg  

Last edited by vrprabhu : 15th March 2010 at 14:39.
Old 15th March 2010, 15:23   #8138
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to everyone for the appreciation ! I hardly spent 10-15 mts online on a weekend. I was surprised to see the number of snaps that have been posted during the weekend. Wow, this thread is full of life !!

Now where do I start my comments ? Everyone seems to have gone ahead of me atleast a 5 years !!

HW: My choice is the 'father and daughter', every snap tells a story though ! What was the metering used for the dhobi ghat ? I doubt if spot metering would have made the dhobi's face brighter. I forgot which cam you use. I stay near Hebbal, so if you ever think of coming to me and going together in a Fiesta for the shoot, let me know. Hebbal lake you can get good sunrise snaps, my guru had taken a few, I really thought he went to some coastal area while looking at those snaps.

Clever: That humming bird work was really good. Now I know whom I should approach for my needs. LOL

Preetam: Buddy, you should get a DSLR as fast as possible. I sometimes doubt if you were a professional high profile photographer in the previous birth !!

theMag: Some inspiring shots there, I am curious to visit this "Kokkre Bellur" probably this month itself. Were you finding the zoom lens not long enough for the area ? Please share the cam & lens details, atleast it might give a hint on what should be carried.

Mobike: I am waiting for some gyan after your experiments with the long exposures ! They are coming out well.

TG: I still feel the thirst to see some colours !
Old 15th March 2010, 15:33   #8139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
HW: My choice is the 'father and daughter', every snap tells a story though ! What was the metering used for the dhobi ghat ? I doubt if spot metering would have made the dhobi's face brighter. I forgot which cam you use. I stay near Hebbal, so if you ever think of coming to me and going together in a Fiesta for the shoot, let me know. Hebbal lake you can get good sunrise snaps, my guru had taken a few, I really thought he went to some coastal area while looking at those snaps.
Thanks Shaju. Metering used was matrix metering. I used Color Efex pro (Viveza) to brighten just the face. The software is similar to Capture NX that you get along with Nikon. I use a Canon 350D by the way. Sure, do PM me your number and I will call you to fix something up. I was also thinking of a lake (Hebbal or BTM) as I want to do both the sunrise and some macro stuff as well. Let me know if you're game .
Old 15th March 2010, 15:37   #8140
BHPian

Thanks Shaju.
I was just having elated discussion on buying the DSLR with Veeresh. Lets see what materialises.
Old 15th March 2010, 15:50   #8141
BHPian

@Shajufx
Blue is a color right! Damn! haha!

Ok feast on this.
The Official non-auto Image thread-4424453634_3afe0419d7_b.jpg
Regards,
TG.
Old 15th March 2010, 16:18   #8142
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqueguru View Post
@theMAG
The 5th shot is brilliant. Well done.
Thanks. I did consider that particular composition as a benchmark for my own future photography.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrprabhu View Post
Yes - your photos do speak a lot! Wonderful shots.

I am adding a poor replica of what you had done (just so that some of fellow t-bhpians can have a look at it)... This place is also a veritable sanctuary for water birds - flamingoes take the pride of place here. We did see the same painted storks which you had photographed, and were told there is a big colony of them nearby. (The camera is only a point and shoot Canon A450. No photography software used - only cropped the pictures to reduce their size).

I presume villagers in these area share the same feelings which you have wonderfully explained.
Thanks. The place you've visited holds good photography promise as well.

Quote:
theMag: Some inspiring shots there, I am curious to visit this "Kokkre Bellur" probably this month itself. Were you finding the zoom lens not long enough for the area ? Please share the cam & lens details, atleast it might give a hint on what should be carried.
I was using my Canon 450D with Sigma 70-300 mm. It served the purpose to a T.
Old 15th March 2010, 17:01   #8143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellwratH View Post
Metering used was matrix metering.......Sure, do PM me your number and I will call you to fix something up. I was also thinking of a lake (Hebbal or BTM) as I want to do both the sunrise and some macro stuff as well.
I realised experimenting with metering and exposure is the only way to learn than reading and hearing about it. I am far from the full 'manual' mode, which I want to try soon. Birds were all shot in Aperture Priority.

Call me anytime on Nine 7 Four Two 7777 Two 7. I can join you at Hebbal lake (just 1 km from my place). Better to be there by 6.15am as we have sunrise around 6.30 all these days. We can also plan for other places when we meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetam_KORG View Post
I was just having elated discussion on buying the DSLR with Veeresh.
Check the Nikon D90 or D5000, or Canon 50D or 550D. Once you get the body and kit, we will all help you to clear your bank accounts within few weeks on extra lenses and accessories !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqueguru View Post
Blue is a color right! Damn! haha.
Thanks to your Majesty for bestowing us with some blue, orange, yellow, red and maroon. I was really thinking your colour sensors were removed !

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
I was using my Canon 450D with Sigma 70-300 mm. It served the purpose to a T.
Thanks, I feel bit relieved to try that place with a 70-300.
Old 15th March 2010, 17:49   #8144
BHPian

Quote:

Check the Nikon D90 or D5000, or Canon 50D or 550D. Once you get the body and kit, we will all help you to clear your bank accounts within few weeks on extra lenses and accessories !
Well Shaju, I'd be happy if you do that, but I'm sorry to inform you that you can't.
You see, my savings for 2 years add up to around 40K and if I have to get the EOS 550D, all my savings go bust and nothing remains in my account.
Old 15th March 2010, 17:58   #8145
Distinguished - BHPian

Shaju and Preetam, thanks for your comments. Using the wall helps sometimes

Here are a few more. Kindly ignore the spots in the pictures as they are due to dirt on my sensor
Attached Thumbnails
The Official non-auto Image thread-csc_0229.jpg  

The Official non-auto Image thread-dsc_2309.jpg  

The Official non-auto Image thread-dsc_2310.jpg  

The Official non-auto Image thread-dsc_2311.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks