Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Et Cetera
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2011, 20:20   #13261
Distinguished - BHPian

Raah dekhna ..

Shot by a friend today.

The boy's just joined school and is so attached to his grandparents that he keeps looking out for them. Turns around when he gets tired of looking out. But never moves away from the window.

The Official non-auto Image thread-rasta2.jpg . . . The Official non-auto Image thread-rastadekhna.jpg

Last edited by condor : 29th September 2011 at 20:36. Reason: Added pic
Old 30th September 2011, 12:28   #13262
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Official non-auto Image thread

The Tajmahal - a symbol of eternal love and beauty. It has been photographed innumerable times from time immemorial and no two images have been the same. I've visited this monument many times and every time it presents different facet to me. I get fascinated and go on a clicking frenzy.

I visited Agra with my friend & his daughter on Sunday the 25th and went to see the Taj the next day on Monday the 26th at 5:30 am. Wanted to see the Taj at sunrise.

No sooner the Red Star appeared on the horizon and shed its first light on the monument, something divine unfolded in front of me. I tried to capture that scene; dunno if I succeeded or failed.. The watch read 6:33 am

The Official non-auto Image thread-5181.jpg

Last edited by gd1418 : 30th September 2011 at 12:32.
Old 30th September 2011, 12:59   #13263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
.....he keeps looking out for them....
Eyes speak the entire story in the first image, beautiful !

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
.....Red Star appeared on the horizon and shed its first light on the monument......
Thats called right people at the right spot at the right time Perfect side lighting.

A shot by my friend Bala ( 3 days back ) which I thought worth sharing here, I find it as rare and unique angle which is tough to capture from a fast moving , over crowded procession ! Work from my desk: 20% frame extended to the left, framing and signature.
The Official non-auto Image thread-bala-1.jpg
Old 30th September 2011, 15:08   #13264
Senior - BHPian

gd . psed? Was the back ground added later?
Old 30th September 2011, 15:49   #13265
Senior - BHPian

No Jyothi. Why? I take as it is and only crop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
gd . psed? Was the back ground added later?
Old 30th September 2011, 16:25   #13266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No Jyothi. Why? I take as it is and only crop.
I wanted to ask the same but thought its my screen issue When you view it in 100%, there is a white crop kind marks on the left top ends of the structure. Its not prominent on the right part.
Old 30th September 2011, 16:34   #13267
Senior - BHPian

Now that you said it, I also viewed it at 100% and noticed this whitening effect on the left of the dome. But it is not so on the right side. I shoot in TIFF mode at maximum. Lemme check the original file to see if it too has this.

I reduced the resolution to make the file size smaller so as to upload after cropping. Did that result in colour bleed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I wanted to ask the same but thought its my screen issue When you view it in 100%, there is a white crop kind marks on the left top ends of the structure. Its not prominent on the right part.
Old 30th September 2011, 16:38   #13268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
..... Did that result in colour bleed?
Technically I am the last person worthy of talking about editing, shooting formats etc. here. From my limited knowledge it comes on an image when we do selective cropping normally for change of background/ color/ exposure etc.
Old 30th September 2011, 19:42   #13269
BHPian

Quote:
Now that you said it, I also viewed it at 100% and noticed this whitening effect on the left of the dome. But it is not so on the right side. I shoot in TIFF mode at maximum. Lemme check the original file to see if it too has this.

I reduced the resolution to make the file size smaller so as to upload after cropping. Did that result in colour bleed?
Looks like t-bhp server compression has done something here. I notice that only on the edges.
Old 30th September 2011, 23:43   #13270
Senior - BHPian

Viewing down from Macau Tower and tallest regular bungee jump pad in the world and viewing the down tower from the glass observation deck above.
Attached Thumbnails
The Official non-auto Image thread-010620116261-copy.jpg  

The Official non-auto Image thread-01062011627-copy.jpg  

The Official non-auto Image thread-01062011628-copy.jpg  

Old 30th September 2011, 23:54   #13271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Did you also sharpen the image while reducing the size? I suggest reduce the size first, save as high quality jpg, and then play with sharpness (usually needed after a resize).
Old 1st October 2011, 04:54   #13272
BHPian

Quote:
The Tajmahal - a symbol of eternal love and beauty. It has been photographed innumerable times from time immemorial and no two images have been the same. I've visited this monument many times and every time it presents different facet to me. I get fascinated and go on a clicking frenzy.

I visited Agra with my friend & his daughter on Sunday the 25th and went to see the Taj the next day on Monday the 26th at 5:30 am. Wanted to see the Taj at sunrise.

No sooner the Red Star appeared on the horizon and shed its first light on the monument, something divine unfolded in front of me. I tried to capture that scene; dunno if I succeeded or failed.. The watch read 6:33 am

Attachment 818511

Beautiful image gd. I belong to the category of people who haven't seen the Taj Mahal yet. And I get fascinated by its beauty whenever I see a pic like this.

By the way, did you try different exposures on this shot? Just curious to know how a slightly less exposed image would look after enhancing the contrast a bit - brighter light on right and deeper shadows on the left.
Old 1st October 2011, 12:53   #13273
Senior - BHPian

Colors!!! Should have taken it at f7 or more to bring in all the bangles in focus I guess.
Attached Thumbnails
The Official non-auto Image thread-img_2866.jpg  

Old 1st October 2011, 17:39   #13274
Senior - BHPian

My PP skills are limited to just plain cropping, and nothing more. Sometimes I do a very tight cropping, and that's all. Since I shoot in TIFF mode with maximum MPs, the cropping is done in TIFF mode only and then the image resolution is reduced and saved in .JPG to enable it to load on the web.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post

Technically I am the last person worthy of talking about editing, shooting formats etc. here. From my limited knowledge it comes on an image when we do selective cropping normally for change of background/ color/ exposure etc.
I guess so

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellwratH View Post
Looks like t-bhp server compression has done something here. I notice that only on the edges.
Vivek, as I mentioned earlier, other than cropping, I do nothing to my images.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post

Did you also sharpen the image while reducing the size? I suggest reduce the size first, save as high quality jpg, and then play with sharpness (usually needed after a resize).
Thanks pjay. No, I didn't take any multiple exposures

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjay_in View Post

Beautiful image gd. I belong to the category of people who haven't seen the Taj Mahal yet. And I get fascinated by its beauty whenever I see a pic like this.

By the way, did you try different exposures on this shot? Just curious to know how a slightly less exposed image would look after enhancing the contrast a bit - brighter light on right and deeper shadows on the left.
Old 1st October 2011, 23:56   #13275
Senior - BHPian

Moorings of the Singapore Flyer (Ferris Wheel), Viewing down from the Singapore Flyer, a few pics.
Attached Thumbnails
The Official non-auto Image thread-s6001230.jpg  

The Official non-auto Image thread-s6001239.jpg  

The Official non-auto Image thread-s6001237.jpg  

The Official non-auto Image thread-s6001232.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks