Team-BHP - A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/45546-guide-eating-out-hyderabad-secunderabad-cyberabad-11.html)

Talking about bakeries brings me to the topic of some tasty burgers:-

Big Byte, Srinagar Colony
Best Muttong Burger

King & Cardinal, Himayathnagar
Best Chicken Burger, though offlate he is going overboard on the maynoise but still their burgers are one of the best in the city.

Vacs,Vikrampuri
They have some lovely burgers and their pastries are to die for. It is just before the factory outlets on that road.

Reliance Bakery,Begumpet
Just below the begumpet flyover, opp to IBP petrol bunk. Tasty burgers and awesome chocolate cakes

Before someone points out why Universal Bakers is not there in this list, I must confess, their quality has taken a nosedive

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 1004346)
Vacs,Vikrampuri
They have some lovely burgers and their pastries are to die for. It is just before the factory outlets on that road.

thats actually Karkhana, not Vikrampuri. they have awesome puffs and other namkeen snacks too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel (Post 1004527)
thats actually Karkhana, not Vikrampuri. they have awesome puffs and other namkeen snacks too.

Sure. Btw, Vikrampuri, Kharkhana and Alwal are in the same route and within 2kms distance and hard to know the difference.

Quote:

Before someone points out why Universal Bakers is not there in this list, I must confess, their quality has taken a nosedive

Their mutton chops are epic. Although they are soaked in oil, but tastes off the hook.

Another bakeries to look out for..

1. Karachi Bakery - for salt biscuits (osmania biscuit), and all other kinds of biscuits and cookies. (one is somewhere old city and the other on Banjara Hills Road #1

2. Mountain Bakery - IMHO makes the best cake. Get there somewhere between 4-5 and ask him to get some plain cake from the kitchen. Rush home and cut into a warm slice of heaven. Located on Banjara Hills Rd 3. Which might get wiped out in the road extensionclap:
(Dont go to the one on Jubilee Hills 36 - has mostly stale stuff from the previous day or from early hours of the morning)

PS - King and Cardinal:thumbs up is also one of my favorite cake joints.

Quote:

Talking about bakeries brings me to the topic of some tasty burgers:-

Reliance Bakery,Begumpet
Just below the begumpet flyover, opp to IBP petrol bunk. Tasty burgers and awesome chocolate cakes

Hey, that is below the airport flyover, not Begumpet flyover. I agree that is a good joint, as I used to stay nearby earlier.

Quote:

Originally Posted by discobiscuit (Post 1004789)
2. Mountain Bakery - IMHO makes the best cake. Get there somewhere between 4-5 and ask him to get some plain cake from the kitchen. Rush home and cut into a warm slice of heaven. Located on Banjara Hills Rd 3. Which might get wiped out in the road extensionclap:
(Dont go to the one on Jubilee Hills 36 - has mostly stale stuff from the previous day or from early hours of the morning)

i agree! awesome cakes esp the pineapple one, been his customer from day one,

the 36 jhills outlet belongs to the main guy's brother, both run the shops differently afaik, thats why its known as new mountain bakery.

Quote:

Originally Posted by discobiscuit (Post 1004789)
Their mutton chops are epic. Although they are soaked in oil, but tastes off the hook.

Another bakeries to look out for..

1. Karachi Bakery - for salt biscuits (osmania biscuit), and all other kinds of biscuits and cookies. (one is somewhere old city and the other on Banjara Hills Road #1

PS - King and Cardinal:thumbs up is also one of my favorite cake joints.

Karachi is on Mozzamjahi crossroads just after you cross Ramkrishna Theatre in Abids. I have been frequenting this bakery since a very long time and whenever i go up north, i always carry their Fruit and Kaju Biscuits. Nobody makes like them.

Also their pineapple cake is awesome. Extremely light and you can alone finish of a 1kg cake without feeling heavy:uncontrol

Mountain B is also good but only problem is you need to park the car in the foodworld lane and hop into their small bakery.

Speaking of cakes, there is this place called Labonels at Road no 10, banjara hills.

its a residence actually and serves as the bakery too.
Their chocolate cakes with rum are absolutely amazing. Something you can literally die for.

They are pretty costly though but worth every penny you spend.

Karachi Bakery seems to have opened another branch on Rd # 1 Banjara Hills, opposite to the fork in the road that leads to Taj Banjara Hotel.
I bought some biscuits there last week, and they seemed to be similar to the original store's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by maranellored (Post 1005661)
Speaking of cakes, there is this place called Labonels at Road no 10, banjara hills.

its a residence actually and serves as the bakery too.
Their chocolate cakes with rum are absolutely amazing. Something you can literally die for.

They are pretty costly though but worth every penny you spend.

Sounds yummy. Must try them out soon:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vnabhi (Post 1005664)
Karachi Bakery seems to have opened another branch on Rd # 1 Banjara Hills, opposite to the fork in the road that leads to Taj Banjara Hotel.
I bought some biscuits there last week, and they seemed to be similar to the original store's.

They are available even in some stores like Big Bazaar etc.

But, i prefer buying from the original outlet as that is where you get the freshest stuff as their manafacturing facility is in a few lanes away from their Mozzamjahi outlet. I know this because once i went there to pick up a cake.

I think even the Rd # 1 will get their stuff delivered from here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by discobiscuit (Post 1001068)
is the shawarma place next to four seasons closed for good?
I happened to go there twice past month, and unfortunately haven't seen anything.

I have a similar question regarding Maharaja Chat. After moving to his new location I don't happen to see these guys opening the stall anymore. Did they move to another new place?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 1001376)
Regarding the former, i dont think it is there anymore.

Regarding the latter, are you referring to the Maharaja near the Abids Police Station? If yes, that has been closed more than a decade ago:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPP (Post 1002065)
I'll find out and let you know.

The Shawarma place is gone(It was called Broast Fried Chicken). We'll see who takes the spot next.

Any inputs on best pizzas available in Hyderabad apart from the branded outlets like Dominoes, Pizza Hut etc?

I like Big Byte and there is a small outlet in Vikrampuri opp to foodworld, i think they moved from there to a little further, really awesome veggie pizzas.

Any more locations?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 1007806)
Any inputs on best pizzas available in Hyderabad apart from the branded outlets like Dominoes, Pizza Hut etc?

I like Big Byte and there is a small outlet in Vikrampuri opp to foodworld, i think they moved from there to a little further, really awesome veggie pizzas.

Any more locations?

the vikrampuri one you are referring to is Pizza Den. They have now shifted to opp. Wesley High School, beside paradise.

also another place for really yum pizzas is this place in Lakdi ka Pool beside where the Mercedes Showroom used to be housed. There is the Gulf air office there now. Beside this place, is a cane shop selling all kinds of cane articles like chairs, swings etc.
After 6, this pizza place opens up right near the cane shop.

The pizzas are pretty good. a must try for any hyderabadi. You also get non veg pizzas here.
the old man has been running the business for a loooong time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by maranellored (Post 1007859)
the vikrampuri one you are referring to is Pizza Den. They have now shifted to opp. Wesley High School, beside paradise.

also another place for really yum pizzas is this place in Lakdi ka Pool beside where the Mercedes Showroom used to be housed. There is the Gulf air office there now. Beside this place, is a cane shop selling all kinds of cane articles like chairs, swings etc.
After 6, this pizza place opens up right near the cane shop.

The pizzas are pretty good. a must try for any hyderabadi. You also get non veg pizzas here.
the old man has been running the business for a loooong time.

Thanks Dude for the new location of the pizza, never knew about it even after going to a dabha right next door to them.

I forgot their name it must be a few meters of the pizza store that you mentioned in lakdikapul. Really yummy butter chicken and rotis but is a bit too small to be comfortable.

Any more locations?

Looks like only very few of us are dead serious about our foodstupid:

Talking about Pizza, in the US, Pizza Hut and Domino's are the mainstream.. just OK pizza(I actually do not like them). But there are a ton of insanely good pizza places everywhere..

However, the Pizza Hut and Domino Pizza in India is much better then they serve us here in the US.. I actually like some of them a lot.

I haven't been there a looong time, but we used to really like Blue Fox. Not sure how it is now though.

And it's a bit on the expensive side, but Golden Dragon at Taj Krishna is very very good.