Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2010, 09:11   #1651
BHPian

Ustaad Banne Nawaab

My roomie and me went to 'ustaad banne nawaab' @ tolichowki.

we ate:

starters- lukhmi ( this is the first time i had it )
shikampuri kebabs

main course:

hyderabadi korma
rumali rotis
chicken biryani.

we wanted to try the fheerni but were too stuffed up hence ended the meal with pan.

total inr 550 spent.

will try fisherman's fare tonight
Old 27th May 2010, 11:18   #1652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I am particularly interested to know about the shawarmas. Are they good?
Yes the shawarmas were pretty much good and so were the stuffed parathas.

Quote:

Grand WOK
Thai Express ( been there once, liked the food but quantity is below average, maybe i am spoilt by Ming Court's servings)
Isda Thai

Also can someone point me towards a good place for Lebanese food?
Avi,y dont you try the Chinese Pavilion.I particularly love the CP rice and some of their other dishes,I a die hard fan of the placeIts in the basement of the Fribzi Bldg,opp Vengal Rao park.

Thai Express is a rip-off,the price to quantity ratio is really bad and surprisingly they dont have some of the popular dishes as well,bad scene.

Lebanese,try out this new place called All Seasons on Banjara road 3,its quite a nice place,definitely not disappointin.
Old 27th May 2010, 11:35   #1653
Senior - BHPian

Sunday i headed with family to Inorbit mall food court.Quite impressive with the set up.
We ordered from Four Seasons counter :
- Tikka Platter (Corn,Paneer,Veg,Capsicum stuffed) - Rs.150
- Non Veg Combo Meal (Chicken Biryani,Mutton curry,4 Sheek Kababs)-Rs.180
- Veg Combo - Rs.120

Desserts:
went to Cream stone parlour and orderef Willy Wonka ice cream..it blew my mind as this was the best ice cream i had in Hyderabad.

Total Damages : Rs.600
Old 27th May 2010, 12:30   #1654
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
My roomie and me went to 'ustaad banne nawaab' @ tolichowki.

we ate:

starters- lukhmi ( this is the first time i had it )
shikampuri kebabs

main course:

hyderabadi korma
rumali rotis
chicken biryani.

we wanted to try the fheerni but were too stuffed up hence ended the meal with pan.

total inr 550 spent.

will try fisherman's fare tonight
Its good to see a review of Banna Nawab. You should have tried the Patthar Ka Gosht there, awesome.

Btw, you didnt mention how was the grub that you had?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Yes the shawarmas were pretty much good and so were the stuffed parathas.

Avi,y dont you try the Chinese Pavilion.I particularly love the CP rice and some of their other dishes,I a die hard fan of the placeIts in the basement of the Fribzi Bldg,opp Vengal Rao park.

Thai Express is a rip-off,the price to quantity ratio is really bad and surprisingly they dont have some of the popular dishes as well,bad scene.

Lebanese,try out this new place called All Seasons on Banjara road 3,its quite a nice place,definitely not disappointin.
After your previous review been to CP several times and i totally agree, its a great place to have good chinese food at reasonable rates.

Will check out "All Seasons" thanks for the lead.

Yesterday night around 1:30AM me and 3 friends went to Hampshire Plaza for their buffet. Surprisingly, they have closed their midnight buffet. Looks like this happened due to low footfalls.

So went to a small joint ( till date dont even know the name of this place....) that i been to several times in past which is located at Chaderghat. If anyone interested, i can give directions but, please dont ask me the name of this restuarant

Great place for late night "Saasta and Tikau Food"

We had Butter Chicken, Kadia Chicken, Butter Naans, Rotis and Chicken Biryani

Honestly speaking this place is highly recommended for late night hunger pangs and is much better than Niagara, Shadab or any similar place where they serve crap after 9PM
Old 27th May 2010, 12:34   #1655
BHPian

Quote:
So went to a small joint ( till date dont even know the name of this place....) that i been to several times in past which is located at Chaderghat. If anyone interested, i can give directions but, please dont ask me the name of this restuarant
Avi, if you can explain the route, I can run a quick check in my Foodie Database. Hope I get the name right
Old 27th May 2010, 12:50   #1656
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Avi, if you can explain the route, I can run a quick check in my Foodie Database. Hope I get the name right
I am sure you know this place.

At Chaderghat crossroads, take the road that goes to Dabirpura and as soon as you enter that road, there is a mosque right in middle of road, take the round about that mosque and when you come out on other side.

This place is immediately on your right hand side.

Been there everytime in the past always after 1AM ( been there once at 3AM too and food was available)and usually was not in a stage to read the restuarant name

Trust me, no other place in hyderabad can serve you hot delicious butter naans and rotis along with decent tasting chicken curries at those hours.

Last edited by mobike008 : 27th May 2010 at 12:51.
Old 27th May 2010, 12:56   #1657
BHPian

Quote:
I am sure you know this place.
If I am not mistaken, its Hotel Firdous at Chaderghat.
Old 27th May 2010, 13:08   #1658
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Grand WOK
Thai Express ( been there once, liked the food but quantity is below average, maybe i am spoilt by Ming Court's servings)
Isda Thai..
seriously man, had tough time for four of us to finish two servings of noodles!!!
Old 27th May 2010, 13:13   #1659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Desserts:
went to Cream stone parlour and orderef Willy Wonka ice cream..it blew my mind as this was the best ice cream i had in Hyderabad.

Total Damages : Rs.600
love the way these guys make the ice cream.full dhobi ghaat style..
Old 27th May 2010, 13:14   #1660
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If I am not mistaken, its Hotel Firdous at Chaderghat.
I am sure its the same. But, need to go there once during day time to confirm it for sure
Old 27th May 2010, 13:16   #1661
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Desserts:
I guess I need to try this some time sooner ... damn I have so many weddings and other functions till 20th June!!!

Quote:
At Chaderghat crossroads, take the road that goes to Dabirpura and as soon as you enter that road, there is a mosque right in middle of road, take the round about that mosque and when you come out on other side.

This place is immediately on your right hand side.

Been there everytime in the past always after 1AM ( been there once at 3AM too and food was available)and usually was not in a stage to read the restuarant name

Trust me, no other place in hyderabad can serve you hot delicious butter naans and rotis along with decent tasting chicken curries at those hours.
Avi if you remember(????) we went there once at around 1:00AM I guess. Later I went there along with my friends after a round at some place in kachiguda at around 2:00AM. Yes the rotis are really wonderfull.
Old 27th May 2010, 13:21   #1662
Team-BHP Support

Please remember that most restaurants especially the smaller ones in old city area serve beef and not mutton.

If you order a mutton dish and it has no bones, chances are its beef.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
I have so many weddings
Congrats.
Old 27th May 2010, 13:30   #1663
BHPian

Quote:
I am sure its the same. But, need to go there once during day time to confirm it for sure
I doubt, if you would be able to recognize it during the day time. The mood and the situation would be different. If you are planning to go during the day time, then I think you should replicate and do the nightly honour's in the morning itself before going there in the afternoon

Quote:
love the way these guys make the ice cream.full dhobi ghaat style..
Seriously, when I see them pounding my ice cream, I recollect my Dhobi washing the clothes & I think the ice cream should be called as Dhobi Pachaa'd Ice Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Please remember that most restaurants especially the smaller ones in old city area serve beef and not mutton.
If you order a mutton dish and it has no bones, chances are its beef.
+1 on that. That's the main reason, why I stick to Chicken or Egg or Veg during late night dinners at these outlets. Can't take the risk you know.
Old 27th May 2010, 13:42   #1664
BHPian

Quote:

+1 on that. That's the main reason, why I stick to Chicken or Egg or Veg during late night dinners at these outlets. Can't take the risk you know.
beef is equally tasty my friend ..its all in the mind
Old 27th May 2010, 13:53   #1665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
beef is equally tasty my friend ..its all in the mind
+1 to That.

@ Nikhil: You need to have Beef Chilly prepared Mallu style to know what you are missing!

After a quick discussion with my better half, have decided to go to Firdaus today but will be going much before mid night. Anybody else willing to join in?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks