Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2010, 03:17   #1696
BHPian

I did actually find spencers at a cool drink shop at mehdipatnam. Its the second shop on the left right after you enter you the mehdipatnam kamaan. Limited stock for the red spencer and no white ones at all.

If I would have read this post earlier I would have checked the expiry date first!
Old 1st June 2010, 11:49   #1697
BHPian

Monday again I got to dine out with a couple of my friends. My plans to control myself went KAPUT!!!

Ventured out with a couple of friends for a quick bite on Monday Night. We planned to hit one of the least known outlets, which serves real tasty biryani. Denizens of Padma Rao Nagar can easily vouch for it. Been to Gharonda Food Court, Padma Rao Nagar with a couple of my friends for a quick dinner.

Their Mutton Biryani is worth the try. Awesome Biryani with equal proportions of masala added to it. Not much not less, just perfect quantity of masala. Mutton was melt in the mouth types.
Old 1st June 2010, 12:15   #1698
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
That guy is still there and very much serves the masala thumbs-up not sure about spencer as i doubt if that is available these days but used to love its taste ( forgot the flavour name....very unique and you dont find that soft drink anywhere now in hyderabad).
It struck me late last night. It was called "Ice-Cream Soda"

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Been to Gharonda Food Court, Padma Rao Nagar with a couple of my friends for a quick dinner.

Their Mutton Biryani is worth the try. Awesome Biryani with equal proportions of masala added to it. Not much not less, just perfect quantity of masala. Mutton was melt in the mouth types.
I never knew Gharonda FC serves Biryani. Always had snacks there in past.

Btw, its owned by a friend and these guys are known builders in town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AslamHussain View Post
If I would have read this post earlier I would have checked the expiry date first!
I am surprised that Spencers are still available? Was it ice-cream soda?

I reckon checking the expiry before gulping it down would be a good idea next time.
Old 1st June 2010, 13:57   #1699
BHPian

Quote:
forgot the flavour name....very unique and you dont find that soft drink anywhere now in hyderabad
Avi Bhai, it was made using Citra. Remember the advt's "Citra Super Cooler". Citra was phased out to pave way for Sprite.

Quote:
It struck me late last night. It was called "Ice-Cream Soda"
Ice Cream Soda tasted best with Citra

Quote:
I never knew Gharonda FC serves Biryani. Always had snacks there in past. Btw, its owned by a friend and these guys are known builders in town.
Gharonda FC serves Biryani too. They've recently opened a pure veg restaurant too. Gharonda is mostly based out of Padma Rao Nagar/Walker Town area. Gharonda Super Market, Gharonda Constructions, Gharonda FC and etc etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AslamHussain View Post
I did actually find spencers at a cool drink shop at mehdipatnam. Its the second shop on the left right after you enter you the mehdipatnam kamaan. Limited stock for the red spencer and no white ones at all. If I would have read this post earlier I would have checked the expiry date first!
There's a shop near Mallepally Masjid, who still sells Spencer's. You'll find loads and loads of Spencer's there.
Old 1st June 2010, 19:51   #1700
BHPian

OBITUARY

This is to inform all Hydee T-BHpians of the demise of Katriya De Royale located in Paryatak Bhawan in Greenlands near Begumpet thus marking the end of another watering hole for all of us for ever ...

AP Tourism has started Hotel Haritha Tourism Plaza in the same premises ...
Old 1st June 2010, 19:58   #1701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
OBITUARY

This is to inform all Hydee T-BHpians of the demise of Katriya De Royale located in Paryatak Bhawan in Greenlands near Begumpet thus marking the end of another watering hole for all of us for ever ...

This is a serious loss to Hydies. Rock On is no more
Old 1st June 2010, 21:32   #1702
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
OBITUARY

IMHO, its good riddance. We even had a few TBHP dinner meets there and there was nothing great about the ambience and food there.
Old 2nd June 2010, 00:42   #1703
BHPian

Ask us, who had offices close by. This was an alternative option for us, when we got tired of Haveli/Club8/10D and etc.
Old 2nd June 2010, 06:16   #1704

Hi to all hydbadi bhpians, I need a suggestion. 20-25 of my old college friends are planning to have a get together, so please suggest me a good place for a buffet, can be either a dinner or a lunch buffet, preferably dinner. Priorities would be good non veg dishes and deserts. Besides it should be a place where we friends can sit around for long time gossipping and eating.
Last time we met, it was at ohris 70mm on necklace road near jal vihar. Ambience and place was good. a bit crowded. There was lots of variety in food, but taste was average. i think charges were 299 per head excluding taxes.
Please pour in your suggestions, need to decide by today evening.
Old 2nd June 2010, 10:56   #1705
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.syedfarhan View Post
Hi to all hydbadi bhpians, I need a suggestion. 20-25 of my old college friends are planning to have a get together, so please suggest me a good place for a buffet, can be either a dinner or a lunch buffet, preferably dinner. Priorities would be good non veg dishes and deserts. Besides it should be a place where we friends can sit around for long time gossipping and eating.
Last time we met, it was at ohris 70mm on necklace road near jal vihar. Ambience and place was good. a bit crowded. There was lots of variety in food, but taste was average. i think charges were 299 per head excluding taxes.
Barbecue Nation opposite City Center.
I don't remember the rate for lunch but it used to be in the 250 range.

And guys, I finally did it.
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-sh.jpg

Dinner for two.
Some Mocktail called Evil something. BAD. Rs 150.
Mattha: Nice

Food:
Rotis, Palak Daal and Arbi fry.

For some reason did not feel like eating non-veg yesterday.
The food was very good.
But I have developed a strange stomach problem.
I have noticed this before as well. Any pointers will be highly appreciated.

If I eat veg food in restaurant (except Tiffin stuff like Dosa etc) I get a bad bloated feeling in my stomach.

Yesterday i had barely 2 Roti's. The Sholay rotis are quite small in size. But my entire night got messed up.
Same happened after a meal at Bikernerwala and to a small degree even at Mast Kalandar.

Tightness in Chest, heavy feeling head and some shortness of breath.
No Acid Reflux or flatulence or burping.

Last Saturday I had polished off half a Tandoori Chicken, 2 Large Roti and Kheema Egg Masala at Garden. No issues at all.

But I eat any veg gravy, then am in trouble.
What could be causing this. I will thank you from the bottom of my stomach.
Thanks.

Last edited by bblost : 2nd June 2010 at 11:11.
Old 2nd June 2010, 11:11   #1706
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post

Dinner for two.
Some Mocktail called Evil something. BAD. Rs 150.
Mattha: Nice

Food:
Rotis, Palak Daal and Arbi fry.

For some reason did not feel like eating non-veg yesterday.
The food was very good.
But I have developed a strange stomach problem.
I have noticed this before as well. Any pointers will be highly appreciated.

If I eat veg food in restaurant (except Tiffin stuff like Dosa etc) I get a bad bloated feeling in my stomach.

Yesterday i had barely 2 Roti's. The Sholay rotis are quite small in size. But my entire night got messed up.
Same happened after a meal at Bikernerwala and to a small degree even at Mast Kalandar.

Last Saturday I had polished off half a Tandoori Chicken, 2 Large Roti and Kheema Egg Masala at Garden. No issues at all.

But I eat any veg gravy, then am in trouble.
What could be causing this. I will thank you from the bottom of my stomach.

Thanks.
I think your stomach is trying to say " NO VEG PLEASE" but you still disregard it In matters of food, let Stomach rule over Head

Ok jokes apart, how regular are you with Vegetarian food. This might be because you may have developed some allergy to certain particular vegetable.
Old 2nd June 2010, 11:17   #1707
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I think your stomach is trying to say " NO VEG PLEASE" but you still disregard it In matters of food, let Stomach rule over Head
I like all kinds of food.

Quote:
Ok jokes apart, how regular are you with Vegetarian food. This might be because you may have developed some allergy to certain particular vegetable.
I get this irrespective of the vegetables.
The only common factor is veg only food.

If I eat non-veg as the main item, then perfectly fine.
Old 2nd June 2010, 11:42   #1708
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
I get this irrespective of the vegetables.
The only common factor is veg only food.

If I eat non-veg as the main item, then perfectly fine.
Please visit a Gastroenterologist without delay.
Old 2nd June 2010, 11:44   #1709
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.syedfarhan View Post
If Non Veg is what your looking for then head to Barbeque Nation as Bblost suggested.

They serve kebabs right on your table which you can grill yourselves.

However, their prices have gone up. I think now its Rs.600/Head for Dinner and around Rs.350 for Lunch.

Place is not that big and usually crowded. But, this is a reasonable option for good non veg food at now not so reasonable price.

Another option is GIKF at Rs.750 per head.

Enjoy!

@Imran, like Ani said it could be a allergy problem. Does it happen at home too?

But, it's strange phenomenon for sure. Wish i had a problem like that since i am trying to turn into a veggie
Old 2nd June 2010, 11:51   #1710
Team-BHP Support

I get zero issues with home food.
I get zero issues with non-veg foods. But in nonveg I generally eat dry kababs with roti or biryani.

Now that I think about it I dont really eat a lot of non-veg gravies as well.

I think I am having an issue with gravies or some masala that these guys add in the food.

Must just stick to dry food then.

But i guess I better get this checked up with a Gastro doctor.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks