Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2008, 09:59   #166
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPP View Post
Talking about Pizza, in the US, Pizza Hut and Domino's are the mainstream.. just OK pizza(I actually do not like them). But there are a ton of insanely good pizza places everywhere..

However, the Pizza Hut and Domino Pizza in India is much better then they serve us here in the US.. I actually like some of them a lot.

I haven't been there a looong time, but we used to really like Blue Fox. Not sure how it is now though.

And it's a bit on the expensive side, but Golden Dragon at Taj Krishna is very very good.
I hate the US regular pizzas. Some of the pizzas that i like in US are Papa Geno's and Bertucci's ( one of the best italian freshly baked pizzas that i ever had)

Dude, Blue Fox is still amazing, it is a few meters from my home and i been a visitor since donkey's years

And, Golden Dragon, you have put a finger on the right nerve, i would rate GD as the best chinese resturant in the entire city.

However, since its quite expensive due to being in a 5* property, i go there only on special occasions
Old 9th October 2008, 10:33   #167
BHPian

and yeah of pizzas.

Do try the ones at Little Italy in Jubilee hills. Only veggie ones though.
Old 9th October 2008, 12:05   #168
BHPian

Zaffran Laguna has pretty decent pizzas with authentic toppings. But over time their quality has been deteriorating, and has several occasions were they were not carrying the toppings that i had asked for. Another drawback is all pizzas come is one size (roughly smallest size the franchise stores sell), so you literally have to order 2-3 to fill a couple of people.

Anybody remember Pizza Inn (Amruta Mall)lol. I used to religiously go there after school when I was a kid and wait for hours to get a pizza. Not sure if it is still there and if it's just as good as the olden days.

Thanks for the information on the pizza joint at lakidikapul. will definately check it out.

P.S - Blue Fox and Palace Heights hands down best places to have sizzlers. I am drooling as i type :P
Old 9th October 2008, 13:19   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

@disco, you ordered Pizza in Zafraan Laguna? i thought that place is a multi cuisine restuarant where you order indian or continental food but pizza, it would never cross my mind.

Oh yeah, pizza inn in amrutha mall, i am not a fan of it though.
Old 9th October 2008, 13:51   #170
HPP
BHPian

Forgot.. My nephews(age 18 and 15) actually really like the little pizza's at Ice and Spice in the same little mall as Four Seasons in Toli Chowki.(I've never had one)
Old 12th October 2008, 01:25   #171
BHPian

Guys,
i need some help.

We need to host a party for about 10 people next week. We have a budget of about Rs.3000-3500. Could you suggest any good places which would fit our budget ?
No alcohol will be served.

So is there any place that would fit the requirements nicely ?
Please suggest places to go a la carte and also buffets.

Thanks in advance
Old 12th October 2008, 13:08   #172
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maranellored View Post
Guys,
i need some help.

We need to host a party for about 10 people next week. We have a budget of about Rs.3000-3500. Could you suggest any good places which would fit our budget ?

Thanks in advance
Approximately for Rs.350-400/head there will be a lot of restuarants who would be happy to host this party for you. My recommendation is to check out the place above Kalanikethan mall in Somajiguda, forgot the name of the restuarant. We had 2-3 office parties there. Call just-dial for the name & number.

They have a nice secluded cabin for 10-15 people and beautiful ambience. The cabin is dim with pink lights and real nice to have a closed group dinner/lunch. For that price, you get 2-3 NV/Veg starters, 2-3 NV/Veg curries, unlimited rotis, veg biryani and NV biryani etc. Everything unlimited ofcourse.

Even Barbeque Nation does that and they charge slightly higher, aound 450 per head.
Old 13th October 2008, 13:07   #173
HPP
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,
i need some help.

Thanks in advance
Our family has used Four Seasons a lot for catering and brought good size parties to their location as well. I believe they would fit your criteria as well.

Chung Hwa in Basheerbagh has good food and would probably fit the criteria also.

Last edited by HPP : 13th October 2008 at 13:09.
Old 13th October 2008, 13:27   #174
BHPian

if u know anyone who is a member, you can host your party at any of the clubs like Nizam, Chiraan fort, Secunderabad or Gymkhana for example. the food will usually be good and prices cheap (thanks to the member)

btw, dont forget to invite the member
Old 13th October 2008, 13:33   #175
HPP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
if u know anyone who is a member, you can host your party at any of the clubs like Nizam, Chiraan fort, Secunderabad or Gymkhana for example. the food will usually be good and prices cheap (thanks to the member)

btw, dont forget to invite the member
I had biryani at the Nizam club during my last trip.. Amazing.
Old 13th October 2008, 13:44   #176
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPP View Post
Chung Hwa in Basheerbagh has good food and would probably fit the criteria also.
Chung Hua is a very small and congested chinese restuarant and is really a very mediocre place for a party .

And, their food maybe slightly better than a low-rung place like Alex's Kitchen but, IMO a big no for a party thingy
Old 13th October 2008, 13:58   #177
HPP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Chung Hua is a very small and congested chinese restuarant and is really a very mediocre place for a party .

And, their food maybe slightly better than a low-rung place like Alex's Kitchen but, IMO a big no for a party thingy
Yeah, I'd agree it isn't good for a big party.. only casual stuff. But a few items on their menu are rather good(however I'm not the one ordering so I can't recommend anything).
Old 13th October 2008, 20:51   #178
BHPian

Thanks guys for the suggestions.

Actually ala carte would be preferred over buffets.

Could you tell me how much it would cost at these restaurants for a meal for about 10 people
1. Mainland China
2. Punjabi by Nature
3. Blue Fox/Haiking

thanks in advance
Old 13th October 2008, 22:36   #179
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Could you tell me how much it would cost at these restaurants for a meal for about 10 people
1. Mainland China
2. Punjabi by Nature
3. Blue Fox/Haiking

thanks in advance
Mainland China : 400/head if your careful in your ordering ( especially soft drinks/mocktails as they are prohibitively expensive). Most dishes would be in the range of 200 bucks and upwards

Bluefox : Indian/South Indian type of food but really awesome khaana. Dishes range from 180-240 bucks a plate and would be around 300-350 bucks per head

Haiking : Same as Blue Fox

Punjabi by Nature : Don't even think of it.

To give you an example, the dal is Rs.300 and Any chicken snacks ( Rs.499) ( Any curry dish-Rs.499)

Just a small pointer : Avoid ordering titbits like salads/papads and soft drinks( i know it is required ) as they contribute a lot to the bill
Old 15th October 2008, 18:41   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
check out the place above Kalanikethan mall in Somajiguda, forgot the name of the restuarant.
It's AROMAS, my personal favourite.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks