Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2010, 11:32   #1786
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
This is bound to happen, take the example of Karim's in Delhi. He has so many branches in NCR, but his chandni chowk branch is still the best and food is way tastier than his other branches.

Dear mobike008,

Nai mamu se nakta mamu sahi, as this hyderabadi idiom says.

betw: i have never been to bade miyan kebabs in Hyderabad, but i like Chicken Baida roti, boti kebab, mutton seekh kabab and gurda fry served at their colaba branch.I am not sure if the hyderabad branch is thier franchisee.
Agree with you Karims at Chandni Chowk is the best. Second best i like at Nizamuddin. I absolutely love their Burra Kebab

Another awesome place in Old Delhi is near the Bada ( near the red fort), there is a place famous for their chicken known is Chengezi Chicken.

Its a small joint and this gravy dish is cooked outside on a huge tavva and best part is its said to be cooked with only water, no oil.

This gravy dish is enjoyed with Khameri rotis and trust me this small joint makes better khameri rotis than Karims. I havent eaten a more tasty chicken gravy dish in my entire life.

This place is packed to brim in evenings and is even more crowded than Karims

Bade Miyan is not related to the on in Mumbai. There use to be a time when enjoy some soft drinks at Cafe Mondegar and then have kebabs at Bade Miyan in Colaba.

Try out the Bade Miyan in Hyderabad, its unique and quite tasty in its own way. The Original outlet at Tank Bund is much better ( reasonable too). Only grip the original outlet does not serve Patthar ka Ghost whereas the Somajiguda outlet does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Please recommend any new good Buffets around Madhapur-Kondapur with a per plate cost around 200/-.

Non Veg preferred.
This morning while driving to work saw a board of Rs.199++ at SVM Mall at some 36 restuarant. Maybe you can try that.

Just opposite to SVM mall there is a place called Vilas Venue who serves buffet ( Veg and Non-Veg) for dinner and lunch at a standard price of Rs.150++ ( i think this is the price or maybe little higher).

Anyone tried Vilas Venue?
Old 8th June 2010, 11:41   #1787
BHPian

European Dining

Guys,

Any suggestions on dining options for authentic European Cuisines (Spanish, French, etc) in Hyderabad?

Sweet Nirvana is an option that I know of, but I believe they are more of a cafe and Italian place.

Suggestions are appreciated.

Cheers,
Old 8th June 2010, 11:54   #1788
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Just opposite to SVM mall there is a place called Vilas Venue who serves buffet ( Veg and Non-Veg) for dinner and lunch at a standard price of Rs.150++ ( i think this is the price or maybe little higher).

We were regulars at Vilas Venue till our office shifted to Ascendas in 2008. The variety of non-veg dishes and the desserts were really good at that place. But I haven't visited that place for over a year now.
Old 8th June 2010, 12:18   #1789
Team-BHP Support

Couple of guys from my team had a BAD Vilas Venue experience. I will be lynched if I suggest it.

SVM, sounds like a good idea.

Sweet Nirvana lunch buffet is horrible. Pathetic service and cold food.

Any comments on the TGiF 2 course meal.
Welcome to T.G.I.F
Old 8th June 2010, 12:23   #1790
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Welcome to T.G.I.F
Nowhere near VFM.Quantity is a farce and one would always end up ordering something more
Old 8th June 2010, 12:35   #1791
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
Guys,

Any suggestions on dining options for authentic European Cuisines (Spanish, French, etc) in Hyderabad?

Sweet Nirvana is an option that I know of, but I believe they are more of a cafe and Italian place.

Cheers,
You can try the newbie in town " Mozzerella" which is located in Zafraan Exotica complex and is run by them as well.

They serve all kinds of european cuisine and i beileve that place is vegetarian ( big dampner for me atleast)
Old 8th June 2010, 12:44   #1792
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Agree with you Karims at Chandni Chowk is the best. Second best i like at Nizamuddin. I absolutely love their Burra Kebab

Another awesome place in Old Delhi is near the Bada ( near the red fort), there is a place famous for their chicken known is Chengezi Chicken.

Its a small joint and this gravy dish is cooked outside on a huge tavva and best part is its said to be cooked with only water, no oil.

This gravy dish is enjoyed with Khameri rotis and trust me this small joint makes better khameri rotis than Karims. I havent eaten a more tasty chicken gravy dish in my entire life.

This place is packed to brim in evenings and is even more crowded than Karims

Thanks a lot for this info.Will visit this place when i visit delhi next time.

If you happen to be in old delhi next time, please visit this stall in darya gunj, located near that monkey bridge (iron bridge), where ansari road begins. He sells only two items,chicken and fish with very spicy chutney and rumali roti.I am a regular at his place for the last 11 years.

Bade Miyan is not related to the on in Mumbai. There use to be a time when enjoy some soft drinks at Cafe Mondegar and then have kebabs at Bade Miyan in Colaba.

Agree with you on this.

Try out the Bade Miyan in Hyderabad, its unique and quite tasty in its own way. The Original outlet at Tank Bund is much better ( reasonable too). Only grip the original outlet does not serve Patthar ka Ghost whereas the Somajiguda outlet does.

Where at somajiguda.?

This morning while driving to work saw a board of Rs.199++ at SVM Mall at some 36 restuarant. Maybe you can try that.

I have been there many times,its located above food world. Last year it was Rs (149, all inclusive) now it is 170. Infact we celebrated our first wedding anniversary there. Does not charge for kids below 10.Good food.

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 8th June 2010 at 12:53. Reason: comments
Old 8th June 2010, 12:44   #1793
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
Guys,

Cheers,
Zara-The Spanish Tapas Bar has opened in Ashoka Metropolitan,havent been there so cannot comment on how good or bad the place is.It is run by the Oriental group,the same guys who run the places like Cream Center/Kailash Parbat/Copper Chimney etc.

Quote:
Welcome to T.G.I.F
You could try the Ricci & Idioni Cafe iso TGIF at lower ground level in GVK One.

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 8th June 2010 at 12:49.
Old 8th June 2010, 13:35   #1794
Distinguished - BHPian

@Silverwood, Bade Miyan Kebab at Somajiguda is located bang opposite to Kalanikethan Wedding Mall Building at Somjiguda crossroads.

Another way of looking at it, it's next to Spar Supermarket and in same complex as Mainland China/Sigree etc.
Old 8th June 2010, 14:32   #1795
BHPian

Waseem & Avi, come back to Hyd please. Delhi darshan khatam karo jaldi

Last edited by traveloholic : 8th June 2010 at 14:33.
Old 8th June 2010, 15:15   #1796
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Waseem & Avi, come back to Hyd please. Delhi darshan khatam karo jaldi
Are bhai.

Delhi hamari rajdhani hai. Chakar to lagta rehta hai... Lol

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 8th June 2010 at 15:16. Reason: comments
Old 8th June 2010, 15:24   #1797
BHPian

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Zara-The Spanish Tapas Bar has opened in Ashoka Metropolitan,havent been there so cannot comment on how good or bad the place is.It is run by the Oriental group,the same guys who run the places like Cream Center/Kailash Parbat/Copper Chimney etc.
Quote:
You can try the newbie in town " Mozzerella" which is located in Zafraan Exotica complex and is run by them as well.

They serve all kinds of european cuisine and i beileve that place is vegetarian ( big dampner for me atleast)
Thanks Guys.

I shall pay them a visit.

Cheers,
Old 8th June 2010, 16:31   #1798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Are bhai.
Delhi hamari rajdhani hai. Chakar to lagta rehta hai... Lol
Next time, you are at Raajdhaani, get me parcel please
Old 9th June 2010, 06:16   #1799
HPP
BHPian

Quote:

And the Samajiguda location doesn't serve Chicken 65! They are both great from BM so you'll have to choose which taste you want to have that day.

Bade Miyan is one of my all time favorites to eat when I'm there.
Old 9th June 2010, 11:34   #1800
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Next time, you are at Raajdhaani, get me parcel please
Zaroor bhai.

Looking forward to meeting you all on Sunday.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks