Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2010, 11:16   #1936
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I dont think you will find too many brave people spending Rs.1K ++ on this buffet plus drive all the way out till there.

Btw, they have a 20% off for Jet Privilege card holders.
My bad since I am not a Jet Privelege Card holder but with Accor Advantage Plus Card, I was informed that I (me and wife) need to pay only 1,050/- all inclusive for both of us (tips extra) as that entitles me to 50 % off. The drive of 40 minutes also does not deter me since Sholay is a 20-25 minutes drive and F-9 Diner at Kondapur is 30 minutes drive anyway for me.
Old 25th June 2010, 11:43   #1937
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
My bad since I am not a Jet Privelege Card holder but with Accor Advantage Plus Card, I was informed that I (me and wife) need to pay only 1,050/- all inclusive for both of us (tips extra) as that entitles me to 50 % off. The drive of 40 minutes also does not deter me since Sholay is a 20-25 minutes drive and F-9 Diner at Kondapur is 30 minutes drive anyway for me.
Its an altogether different story now. At those prices, it "may" be worthwhile to check it out.

I would never pay 1K/head for a buffet even if they serve gold,silver or platinum
Old 25th June 2010, 15:36   #1938
Senior - BHPian

Gur Nihal Again!

Had lunch at Gur Nihal today with Arun and couple of my colleagues.

The place was jam packed when we reached at 1:30 PM. We finally got a table around 2:00 and ordered the usual!

5 Egg Parathas
3 Onion Parathas
1 Achari Chicken
1 Paneer Butter Masala
1 Mutter Mushroom
4 Lassis

Total bill 450 + (20 Tips)
Old 25th June 2010, 16:00   #1939
Senior - BHPian

I had lunch today at Calcutta Cabin with 4 colleagues.

Ordered 4 NV and 1 Veg thali + 1 chicken curry.

The NV thali consists of
1, Mutton Gravy
2, Chicken Gravy
3, Fish Gravy
4, Daal
5, Risala dum aalo ( awadhi cuisine)
6, Puris (5 no's)
7, Rice.

The Malai fish curry was awesome and so was the mutton curry.

Veg thali-125 + 4%
NV Thali- 175 + 4 %
Chicken curry- 90 Rs

Total damages 1k with tips.

Thanks Avinash for this lead.

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 25th June 2010 at 16:05. Reason: Comments
Old 28th June 2010, 12:43   #1940
Distinguished - BHPian

Saturday Binging

Saturday evening, around 8 of us ( Friends and Cousins) went to Bar-One, Tadbund.

We ordered the following :-

Apollo Fish-2 Plates ( Very Good)
Tandoori Chicken-2 Full ( Outstanding, here tandoori is always good)
Chilly Prawns-2 Plates ( Good, not as good as their outlet in Kondapur)
Tangdi Kebabs ( Great)

I recommended going to Pakwaan across the street for dinner but, majority wanted to check out Sholay ( my mouthpiece is working a bit too much)

Reached Sholay pretty late and ordered the following

2 Platters
3 Bathinde De Kukkad
2 Meat Biryani

Entire crowd, loved the food there and they promised to go back again.

Went back home at 1AM promising myself that i wont eat a morsel on Sunday
Old 28th June 2010, 12:45   #1941
Team-BHP Support

Any reviews on the new Veg restaurant Mustard on the Durgam Chevuru road?

Its looks nice from the outside. No idea on the food and interiors.

Quote:

I would never pay 1K/head for a buffet even if they serve gold,silver or platinum
With inflation the way it is, you might have no choice.

Last edited by bblost : 28th June 2010 at 12:46.
Old 28th June 2010, 13:06   #1942
Distinguished - BHPian

Unfortunately, Binge continued to Sunday :(

Was out grocery shopping on sunday morning ( Bumped into Hyd_Traveller at Spencers) and on way back, got to know of some unexpected guests coming over.

As our cook was on leave, decided to get food from outside. Which better place than my favorite joint, Papaji Ka Dhaba.

2 Tandoori Chicken
Apollo Fish
chicken Tikka Masala & Rotis
2 Biryani

As its a tradition to go out for dinner almost every sunday, we decided to pay a visit to "Mayabazar" in Kharkhana. Reached almost close to 10pm

Ambience is very nice and lively and entire place is made of wood and posters of the famous telugu movie by same name plastered on walls.

Their menu card is quite nice. Thick Wood, i think same wood that was
used to do up the restuarant.

Service was impeccable and Matire 'd ( He is a sardarji, thats a first for me till date) was going out of the way to make us comfortable.

We ordered the following :-

Apollo Fish (Rs.80) ( consectively for 3 meals, now even the name is sounding yucky...LOL) was very good

Kheema Balls ( Rs.90)--Delicious

Andhra Chicken ( Rs.110) : Gravy was excellent but chicken was boiled and not well cooked.

Butter Naans were excellent

Egg Fried Rice-Rs.80 ( Biryani was over) was outstanding. Light and Fluffy

2 Thumbs Up : Rs.40

Damages : ~ Rs.450

When i mentioned about the chicken being not well cooked. Sardarji was totally apologetic and said this is first complaint since they opened up ( Feb'10).

He promised this experience will not be repeated. I liked the attitude a lot.

I had a good chat with sardarji, it seems Mayabazar is owned by telugu filmstar, Shashank. Dont know who the heck he is.

There was a white ML320CDI parked outside. Dont know if its the owner's.

Looking at the almost "cheap" rates and extremely decent food. I am raring to go back and try a few more items of their menu.

I would recommend this place for sure. Thanks Deb ( Zappo) for this lead.

Leaving the restuarant we went straight to DPS, Sikh Village and digged into Kesar Badam Falooda to bring the weekend to a grinding halt.

No more eating out this entire week !!!!
Old 28th June 2010, 13:15   #1943
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Leaving the restuarant we went straight to DPS, Sikh Village and digged into Kesar Badam Falooda to bring the weekend to a grinding halt.
Next time,you dont need to go all the way to DPS,theres another guy of the same clan(all brothers)standing right opp KFC,in front of SBH,same stuff,same style of faloodas and kulfis.

I need to do a re-recce of the place to find out Mayabazaar,i went all over the place on saturday and still couldnt find the place,I need to do it again :(
Old 28th June 2010, 13:35   #1944
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
I need to do a re-recce of the place to find out Mayabazaar,i went all over the place on saturday and still couldnt find the place,I need to do it again :(
When your coming from secbad club side towards kharkhana, cross foodworld which is on your right.

Keep going straight, you will find a temple on your left.

Cross this temple and keep going straight for about 5-10 feet, here you will find a divider starting on the road. Take the right into a lane and Mayabazar is on your left after 3-4 buildings.
Old 28th June 2010, 14:06   #1945
Senior - BHPian

I had been to Shadaab on Saturday evening with 3 friends.

The menu was.

Paya and Kulcha-2
Kheema Masala-1
Rumali roti.

Total damages:Rs 320.

Kheema Masala was yummy and so was the delicious paya.

Sunday evening-Pepper Pods, Kharkhana. ( wifey and IL's)

Ordered the following.

Chicken hot n sour soup:
Chicken dragon
Egg hakka noodles &
Chicken fried rice.

Total damages- Rs 800

Food was average and the service was pathetic as compared to few years back.
They have started charging service charge as well @5%.

The dinner was followed by ice cream at Sree radhe( formerly ras ranjan @pg road)
I had anjeer badam, and the other 3 had fresh strawberry.

Total damages: Rs 120.

Avinash; i want to visit mayabazaar this evening, not clear with the route; Please pm your no.

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 28th June 2010 at 14:09. Reason: Comments
Old 28th June 2010, 14:22   #1946
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Any reviews on the new Veg restaurant Mustard on the Durgam Chevuru road?

Its looks nice from the outside. No idea on the food and interiors.

With inflation the way it is, you might have no choice.
I was there to have lunch last Saturday. We had 1 Veg Monchow Soup, 1 tandoori Mushroom and South Indian thali.

The food was good. There was nothing spectacular but nothing was bad. I did not like the mushroom starter though. The service was beautiful. I never had to ask for rice or dal or curry. They served 3 pooris, plane rice, poolihora, 3 veg curries (1 wet, 2 dry), Sambhar, dal, rasam, papad, sweet dish.

They were just buzzing around to serve us. Ambiance is pretty. Also, all prices are inclusive of taxes

Breakup (Rough, I forgot the price of the Mushroom starter) -

Soup - 65
Thalli - 99*2
Starter - 145
Total - 408 including taxes

Overall - I will visit it again.

Last edited by MrinalSinha : 28th June 2010 at 14:27.
Old 28th June 2010, 14:36   #1947
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Pepper Pods, Kharkhana.
Pepper pods is going down drain,hope they close it down soon and come up with something else there,so is Jeet's Kitchen another place which needs to give some thought into the "taste" & "hygiene" aspects of food & seating,everything at Jeets has a typical smell about it,I was hoping that things would change after they shifted to the 1st floor,the only thing that changed though are prices in the upward direction!!
Old 28th June 2010, 16:01   #1948
BHPian

After catching up with Mobike at Spencers ...

Lunch : Rajdhani in Big Bazar at Ameerpet : 4 Utsav Thalis (Weekend Thalis) @ 229 + 3 Masala Chaas @ 11 --> 949. No taxes, no surcharges ... Infact, they reduced 25 for having paid for car parking in the basement of Big Bazar. Total damages 975.

What is the difference between Rajdhani's thali and Dadus' Jharoka's thali for Dadu to price it at a whopping 375?

Dinner : Arabian Buffet at The Square in Novotel Airport : 2 Buffets @ 899 + 2.5 % Service Charge + 14.5 % VAT (-) 50 % Discount --> 1,052. Total damage 1,100. The food was absolutely 5-star but the arabic food did not come out well. After having eaten recently at Istanbul in Turkey and many times earlier at Mediterranian Cuisine at Tolichowki, I surely was dissapointed. Relished getting a chance to eat kidney, liver, brain and such stuff which one cannot chance upon in routine. What I liked about the place was that the staff did not even ask whether I wanted bottled water, they just served it from the jug. Nice place and the weekend buffets would be worth it with the discount as long as one does not go whenever they have festivals (because when they do not have festivals, they price beverages @ 1 each).
Old 28th June 2010, 16:18   #1949
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Avinash; i want to visit mayabazaar this evening, not clear with the route; Please pm your no.
Sent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
as long as one does not go whenever they have festivals (because when they do not have festivals, they price beverages @ 1 each).
Wow, is this for real? If yes, then i think they make up for the difference on the food
Old 28th June 2010, 23:28   #1950
Senior - BHPian

I finally managed to hunt down the elusive "Mayabazar",amazing place,the first of its kind for Karkhana and quite a refreshing place.Reviews of Zappo & Avi are spot on-excellent service,yummy food,no service charge thankfully.

For location,its on the same lane where ICICI Bank,Karkhana was initially before it shifted to its present location.This place is a welcome boon for all Sainikpuri/Trimulgherry/AS Rao Nagar people!!And very very easy on the pocket as well.My rating for this place would be 5/5,though I am eager to see how the place would fare during the summers as there are no aircons in the restaurant,but there are huge desert tower coolers.Another minus is the seating,the distance between the table & the chair is a little bit too much for my comfort,end up with bad back(somethng trivial but worth mentioning I guess)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks