Old 12th July 2010, 13:20   #1996
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I'm getting a takeaway from them today.

Bidisha is blown by their food
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Agree on the take away part. It always happens. Planning to go to Pakwan today but it would be a take away for sure. Cousins dropping down at home for finals and food would be from Pakwan.
I know atleast another 2 friends who too went to Pakwaan yesterday. So word of mouth is spreading like wild fire

I happened to go there again last night ( 3 times in one week) and one of their waiter knows me quite well now and gave me a naughty grin which made me blush like a newly wedded groom....LOL

I absolutely loved the Tandoori Chicken. This place rocks only for it's TC !!!

Enough of Pakwaan now, its out of my radar for a couple of weeks atleast.
Old 12th July 2010, 15:18   #1997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Slightly offtopic,but found this amazing new huge food court on NH9 3 kms before Suryapet on NH9 enroute to Vijayawada,its called 7-Rest,refresh,refuel.You wouldnt miss it.While coming from V'wada,its 7kms after Suryapet.

Huge food court,airconditioned,world class washrooms,shops etc and excellent food and moderately priced as well.Free wifi as well.It is a must stop place and we finally have a good place to plan and stop during the tiring drives between HYD & VJA.
++++1 to this

here (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1820791-post1454.html) you will find pictures of 7 posted by me. I found their Andhra/South Indian Thali to be absolutely top notch. Would love to drive all the way to Suryapet if only for this thali.
Old 12th July 2010, 16:45   #1998
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagvasireddy View Post
++++1 to this

here (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1820791-post1454.html) you will find pictures of 7 posted by me. I found their Andhra/South Indian Thali to be absolutely top notch. Would love to drive all the way to Suryapet if only for this thali.
Ah lovely,its already in here.Yes absolutely agree with you,the service is spectacular and the cleanliness is something very very commendable.They seem to be managing the crowds very well irrespective how crowded it is.Just hope the same things start appearing on other highways in the country as well,especially on nH5 between Vijaywada & Chennai,that stretch desperately needs something like this.
Old 14th July 2010, 00:09   #1999
BHPian

Hello guys,
planning to go out day after tomorrow for dinner to celebrate a bday. Looking for a new place to try. Not very keen on Indian or chinese, and cannot spend more than 2k for 4.
100 degrees is pretty good, but been there a lot of times.
Help me please. Continental, Italian or Lebanese are my only options i think.
What say ppl?
Old 14th July 2010, 09:59   #2000
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimoo View Post
Hello guys,
planning to go out day after tomorrow for dinner to celebrate a bday. Looking for a new place to try. Not very keen on Indian or chinese, and cannot spend more than 2k for 4.
What say ppl?
Try all seasons @ Banjara Hills.
Old 14th July 2010, 10:08   #2001
BHPian

Quote:
Hello guys,
What say ppl?
Another excellent and safe and value for money option is IndiJoes Dinner Buffet but do not know if it is a new place for you to try!

It was advertised @ 299 ++ pp a month back (I guess that means it will set you back in the range of 350 to 400 pp)

I also remember that they mentioned that is valid only on weeknights (Mon-Fri)

Their contact is 040 6668 3333
Old 14th July 2010, 10:43   #2002
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hello guys,
What say ppl?
Try 17 Degrees North at Hitech City, Next to Ratnadeep Supermarket. They have a Sunday brunch with continental dishes.

I had dinner their last evening and food was excellent.

A review of this place is coming up separately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Try all seasons @ Banjara Hills.
Well, All Seasons is "OK" for Lebanese food. I didnt find it that great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Another excellent and safe and value for money option is IndiJoes Dinner Buffet but do not know if it is a new place for you to try!

It was advertised @ 299 ++ pp a month back (I guess that means it will set you back in the range of 350 to 400 pp)

I also remember that they mentioned that is valid only on weeknights (Mon-Fri)

Their contact is 040 6668 3333
AFAIK, they have only Lunch Buffets during weekdays. I didnt see a dinner buffet happening when i went there last time to enjoy their awesome sizzler. I could be wrong !
Old 14th July 2010, 11:05   #2003
Senior - BHPian

I had my dinner at PAKVAAN on Monday and Tuesday with my brother.
Ordered the following on Monday

Tandoori chicken full-1
Mutton Biriyani.1

Total Damages:260 with tips.

Great food and TC was amazing, He needs to work more on biriyani.

Ordered the following on Tuesday.

Tandoori chicken 1 1/2 -My brother loved it again
Chicken 65-1/2 plate- Spicy, good taste.
Veg Biriyani-Loved it.

Total damages:330 with tips.

Avinash:I met Hameed bhai yesterday and he is eagerly awating to welcome us again.This time with 10% discount.

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 14th July 2010 at 11:06. Reason: Comments
Old 14th July 2010, 12:15   #2004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Avinash:I met Hameed bhai yesterday and he is eagerly awating to welcome us again.This time with 10% discount.
I am not going back to Pakwaan for the days to come. Been to Pakwaan with cousins on Monday Afternoon for lunch. Been lauding and praising Pakwaan to my cousins from the day we had dinner meet there & it turned into a pathetic experience for them.

Taste wise it's good but the Mutton pieces in Mutton Roganjosh were mostly bones, this includes the last time I had it at the dinner meet and this time too . It all over for now.

Would only go back to Pakwaan only for Mutton Biryani & Tandoori Chicken and nothing else, that too only if the promised 10% Discount thing works out. Hope the Maitre'd understands the term Team-BHP Discount and we don't have to run around the bush trying to explain him that Mr. Hamid personally honoured all the Team-BHP Members with a 10% Discount for visiting their joint frequently. If it's a Dinner Meet again, I am game
Old 14th July 2010, 12:39   #2005
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Would only go back to Pakwaan only for Mutton Biryani & Tandoori Chicken and nothing else, that too only if the promised 10% Discount thing works out. Hope the Maitre'd understands the term Team-BHP Discount and we don't have to run around the bush trying to explain him that Mr. Hamid personally honoured all the Team-BHP Members with a 10% Discount for visiting their joint frequently. If it's a Dinner Meet again, I am game
Nikhil, there is this particular waiter there i now know very well and he recognizes me too. I tell him to make doubly sure what i ordered is as per standards claimed and i got good service and dishes ( including Mutton Roganjosh was pretty good).

I just hope they continue to keep their standards. Btw, I too am game for a Pakwaan meet anytime we decide.
Old 14th July 2010, 12:40   #2006
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Would only go back to Pakwaan only for Mutton Biryani & Tandoori Chicken and nothing else,
@Nikhil-When i spoke to you on last wednesday (from Raichur) i had told you that the gravy dishes at Pakvaan are not so great, so please order kebabs and biriyani for the meet.

I know this is Pakvaan's grey area right from day one.
Old 14th July 2010, 12:43   #2007
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Nikhil, there is this particular waiter there i now know very well and he recognizes me too. I tell him to make doubly sure what i ordered is as per standards claimed and i got good service and dishes ( including Mutton Roganjosh was pretty good).

I just hope they continue to keep their standards. Btw, I too am game for a Pakwaan meet anytime we decide.
@Avinash, Nikhil

Lets do a meet at Mayabazaar or Pakvaan next Wednesday

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 14th July 2010 at 12:45. Reason: Comments
Old 14th July 2010, 12:59   #2008
BHPian

Lets do a Pakwaan Meet the next weekend. Lets devour a couple of Nestle BAR ONE's (still remember the lingering taste of BAR ONE) at Tadbund and then have dinner at Pakwaan.
Old 14th July 2010, 15:25   #2009
BHPian

thanks everybody for the replies...

hey mobike008, can you tell me where 17 degrees north is in hi-tech city.
its my bro's bday, and he is kinda leaning towards 4 seasons in toli chowki.

Thanks
Old 14th July 2010, 18:06   #2010
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
thanks everybody for the replies...

hey mobike008, can you tell me where 17 degrees north is in hi-tech city.
its my bro's bday, and he is kinda leaning towards 4 seasons in toli chowki.

Thanks
For a birthday party, i think 17 Degrees North would be quite apt considering the ambience.

Its diagonally opposite to NIFT in Hitec City and is next to Ratnadeep Supermarket

Its in same building as " Mangatrai Pearls" and is located on 4th Floor.

Last evening, we had excellent food but,everything was Vegetarian. Another wierd thing about them is they serve Sugarcane Juice only on Fridays.

Try their Nimbu Paneer Tikka, Palak Kebab Pattice, Spring Rolls. All were excellent in taste.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks