Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2010, 12:31   #2026
Distinguished - BHPian

After a substantial gap, visited "Sholay" last evening.

Weather was chilly, drizzling all through the evening made for a perfect romantic evening with wifey

Raj visited a day before but, entire restuarant was booked for a private party as it was the owner's son bday.

Btw, apart from the good food another reason to visit this place is instant recognition by the maitre'd and a couple of waiters.....LOL

We ordered the following :-

Tomoto Shorba-1 No
Sugarcane Juice- 1 No
Non-Veg Platter
Mutton Biryani

Total Damage after discount : Rs.700

Soup was very good. Hot and boiling that went sailing past the throat seamlessly

Non Veg Platter at Rs.275 is very good. You get a choice of Fish, Chicken and Meat Kebabs. All were nicely marinated and tasted awesome. However, Sheek Kebabs were the best.

I like their Mutton Biryani ( different smell and flavour) and they served a freshly made one as the meat was practically falling of the bone and the amount of meat in the biryani was overwhelming, you need nerves of steel to finish all of that. And, taste was heavenly
Old 26th July 2010, 12:53   #2027
Senior - BHPian

Anyone visited Roti-Shoti @ PG Road.Its a pure veg restaurent.
Old 26th July 2010, 18:45   #2028
BHPian

European Cuisine

Foodies,

A friend of mine from hospitality business is doing some research on viability of a restaurant serving authentic European Cuisines with concentration of French, Spanish, Continental and may be other cuisines of continent Europe. They are looking at upscale fine dinning with wines from France and Spain; and are also thinking in line of 3/5/7 course meals.

Possible locations in vicinity of JH/BH/Hi-Tech City.

1. Do you think it would have enough audience in a city like Hyderabad?
2. What would you as a foodie expect from such a food joint?

Suggestions from your end would help the friend of mine to finalise his research.

Cheers,
Old 27th July 2010, 16:42   #2029
BHPian

Had Mutton Biryani at the newly opened Paradise Hitec City branch. Taste was very good as compared to any options in the vicinity.

Also hear that there is a wonderful unlimited buffet for Rs 250 which is absolute VFM considering that there are biryani choices and some good starters and gravies in the package.
Old 27th July 2010, 16:52   #2030
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
Also hear that there is a wonderful unlimited buffet for Rs 250 which is absolute VFM considering that there are biryani choices and some good starters and gravies in the package.
They have recently started Lunch Buffet on experimental basis.12 items in total which includes (v &nv)2 variety of snacks2 variety of Curries2 variety of biriyaniRumali roti, naan, etc.
Old 27th July 2010, 19:27   #2031
BHPian

Whats the price of the buffet at Paradise? Is it worth it?
Old 27th July 2010, 21:00   #2032
BHPian

Quote:
Had Mutton Biryani at the newly opened Paradise Hitec City branch. Taste was very good as compared to any options in the vicinity.

Can you let me know where exactly it is located in hitec city.
Old 27th July 2010, 21:15   #2033
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
They have recently started Lunch Buffet on experimental basis.12 items in total which includes (v &nv)2 variety of snacks2 variety of Curries2 variety of biriyaniRumali roti, naan, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Whats the price of the buffet at Paradise? Is it worth it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianNomad View Post
1) Is the buffet that is priced at 250 only at HiTec City outlet or also at Secunderabad outlet?

2) Is the price 250 an all inclusive one or is it 250++? If it is 250++, how much does it total up to?

3) What is the location and address at HiTec City and the direction to reach it? Keep in mind that some one here at Hyderabad is all at sea when it comes to directions and land marks in HiTec area!
Old 27th July 2010, 21:32   #2034
BHPian

Would love to visit Paradise this Friday for Team Lunch, so inputs welcome. Is it 250++++++++++ or 250 & Nothing more than that

Where's the location?

How is the spread?
Old 28th July 2010, 07:46   #2035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianNomad View Post
Quote:
Where's the location?
Paradise is next to KFC opposite Cyber Towers.

Cheers,
Old 28th July 2010, 10:52   #2036
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
1) Is the buffet that is priced at 250 only at HiTec City outlet or also at Secunderabad outlet?

2) Is the price 250 an all inclusive one or is it 250++? If it is 250++, how much does it total up to?

3) What is the location and address at HiTec City and the direction to reach it? Keep in mind that some one here at Hyderabad is all at sea when it comes to directions and land marks in HiTec area!

250 all inclusive !!
Old 28th July 2010, 10:54   #2037
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
</p>

Quote:
How is the spread?
Its Rs 250 + 14.5%Buffet is available only at the hitech city branch and the spread is decent.For a quick lunch types.
Old 28th July 2010, 10:58   #2038
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
Foodies,

A friend of mine from hospitality business is doing some research on viability of a restaurant serving authentic European Cuisines with concentration of French, Spanish, Continental and may be other cuisines of continent Europe. They are looking at upscale fine dinning with wines from France and Spain; and are also thinking in line of 3/5/7 course meals.

Possible locations in vicinity of JH/BH/Hi-Tech City.

1. Do you think it would have enough audience in a city like Hyderabad?
2. What would you as a foodie expect from such a food joint?

Suggestions from your end would help the friend of mine to finalise his research.

Cheers,
Sorry couldn't reply earlier.

I don't think there is a big enough market in Hyderabad for a stand alone restaurant in Hyderabad to exclusively serve authentic French / Spanish / Continental cuisine as it will have to priced very aggressively to compete with the starred hotels in the city. Even though there is a small population of expats in the city, my opinion stems from the fact that the Target Group that appreciates the above cuisine is considerably small to make a business sense. The same goes for wines as hardly very few people know their Chardonnay or Shiraz, leave aside Merlot or Chablis. (I for myself also haven't developed the taste for wines).

Rather I feel what might make sense is a restaurant serving Fusion / New Age Cuisine along with the authentic French / Spanish cuisine. Atleast that can draw even the wanna-be's to taste out something new and easing them slowly into a new cuisine

The above is my personal opinion and I would suggest your friend to do a bit wider sample testing using research tools like www.surveymonkey.com

Cheers

Last edited by MileCruncher : 28th July 2010 at 11:13.
Old 28th July 2010, 13:57   #2039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
Paradise is next to KFC opposite Cyber Towers.

Cheers,
Cool, I was only aware of Masabtank takeaway counter. BTW when did it open in Hitech city, any Idea till what time its open in night.
Old 28th July 2010, 14:22   #2040
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
</p>

Its Rs 250 + 14.5%Buffet is available only at the hitech city branch and the spread is decent.For a quick lunch types.
Update; Its Rs 250 (all inclusive)Had been to Paradise for lunch with my colleagues, the spread was decent.1, Chicken Manchuria2, Veg Manchuria3, Butter Chicken4, Palak Paneer5, Mutton Biriyani6, Chicken Biriyani7, Veg Biriyani8, Mirchi Ka Saalan,9, Salaad10, Raitha &11, Ice cream.Surprised to see that the joint was crowded, considering the fact that it was inaugutared on last Friday. It started pouring the moment we finished our Lunch.Many of them had to pick up their plates and rush for cover.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks