Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2010, 14:00   #2056
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
After this fiasco, we went to Famous Ice Creams at Mozamjahi market and we ordered an All Mix, which was a mix of Vanilla, Pista, Strawberry, Tutty Fruitty and dressed with wafers and
For me, Shadaab is PERFECT for a Sunday breakfast.Khichdi, kheema and Nihari Kukcha.
Old 2nd August 2010, 14:18   #2057
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
For me, Shadaab is PERFECT for a Sunday breakfast.Khichdi, kheema and Nihari Kukcha.
I agree. Its best when its fully packed.

Travelholic: I went to the Meera Devi Dhaba on Sunday. I think the same issue as Milecruncher. Went when it was empty. So the food was a little sad.

We were around 10 bikers. Ordered around 16 Allo Paratta's and 6 egg burji and some onion pakora's
Also a couple of thumpsup and lots of tea.

There was nothing else on offer there.
Bill was Rs 870.

Last edited by bblost : 2nd August 2010 at 16:26.
Old 2nd August 2010, 14:38   #2058
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I'm hearing great things about Siddique at Tolichowki especially their Grilled chicken. Anybody been there ?

I trust reviews here more than most other websites.

Also has anybody heard about this place called "Spoil". Intend to pay them a visit sometime soon.
Old 2nd August 2010, 14:44   #2059
BHPian

There is a Siddiquie Kebab Center at Kondapur, across the road from Club 8. Can vouch for their Grilled Chicken (maybe it is an offshoot with the original being at Tolichowki).
Old 2nd August 2010, 14:47   #2060
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone tried 'Angaara' (Kababs on Fire or something else) at Kothaguda Junction just next to Harsha Toyota & Apollo Clinic?
Old 2nd August 2010, 15:05   #2061
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Has anyone tried 'Angaara' (Kababs on Fire or something else) at Kothaguda Junction just next to Harsha Toyota & Apollo Clinic?
There is only one outlet near Harsha Toyota that I'm very familiar with courtesy the multiple meets we had there

Cheers
Old 2nd August 2010, 15:26   #2062
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, I'm hearing great things about Siddique at Tolichowki especially their Grilled chicken. Anybody been there
Siddique kebab center serves the best grilled chicken in Bangalore.Never had grilled chicken in Hyderabad.
Old 2nd August 2010, 15:36   #2063
Senior - BHPian

Dear Friends,The Haleem at Hotel Shah Ghouse took the top honours last year.A new branch has come up near Toli chowki (erstwhile Niagara restaurent, opp four seasons complex).I am very happy that i need not travel all the way till Barkas to have this delicious Haleem.
Old 2nd August 2010, 15:53   #2064
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Friends,The Haleem at Hotel Shah Ghouse took the top honours last year.A new branch has come up near Toli chowki (erstwhile Niagara restaurent, opp four seasons complex).I am very happy that i need not travel all the way till Barkas to have this delicious Haleem.
so when do we get to see the First Haleem of this season ?
Old 2nd August 2010, 16:02   #2065
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any time.Cafe Bahar and few other restaurents have started preparing Haleem since last week.
Old 2nd August 2010, 16:05   #2066
Distinguished - BHPian

Lets do a "Haleem Meet" next wednesday
Old 2nd August 2010, 16:17   #2067
BHPian

Most delicious Harees's currently (as far as my findings)

Beef: There's a bhatti in the lane beside Y2k hotel at panjagutta, catch it hot early evening.

Bakra: Bahar at Hyderguda, must eat it hot! (much less bone bits this time)

Chicken: never liked it too much.

Veg: AAYEN?!

Old 2nd August 2010, 16:20   #2068
Senior - BHPian

[quote=unoczar;2007583]Beef: There's a bhatti in the lane beside Y2k hotel at panjagutta, catch it hot early evening.
Veg: AAYEN?!quote]
Khalid Bhai.Where is this bhatti.?
Old 2nd August 2010, 16:50   #2069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Travelholic: I went to the Meera Devi Dhaba on Sunday. I think the same issue as Milecruncher. Went when it was empty. So the food was a little sad.
I put an advice there, asking you guys to have a word with me before you go there. I would have had a word with someone there for you guys.

Quote:
Guys, I'm hearing great things about Siddique at Tolichowki especially their Grilled chicken. Anybody been there ?
Siddique sells good Grilled Chicken but been hating it offlate as find the meat half-cooked these days. I would suggest Arabic Tandoori Chicken at DineHill as opposed to Grilled Chicken at Siddique.

Quote:
Waseem Bhai, Shah Ghouse isin't in Barkas, it's at Shah Ali Banda. BTW, Shah Ghouse serves amazing Biryani too.

Quote:
Season, I guess 8 days to go. Pre-Season Haleem is being served at a lot of outlets. Would prefer waiting for 8 more days, than ruin my taste by having a not so worth while haleem now.

Quote:
Any time.Cafe Bahar and few other restaurents have started preparing Haleem since last week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Lets do a "Haleem Meet" next wednesday
Lets do it Next Friday please.

Quote:
+1 on that. I wasn't feeling sleepy on Friday night and was awake watching TV and doing crazy things like playing NFS on my Computer whole night. The idea was to hit Shadaab for a hot bowl of Nihari early in the morning and then drop dead asleep the whole day as it was weekend. Was awake till 6:30, was about to walk out, when I called up my cousin and dropped dead asleep. Keeping them waiting for me. Then, went to Naayaab for Nihari in the evening

Quote:
Originally Posted by unoczar View Post
Most delicious Harees's currently (as far as my findings)

Beef: There's a bhatti in the lane beside Y2k hotel at panjagutta, catch it hot early evening.

Bakra: Bahar at Hyderguda, must eat it hot! (much less bone bits this time)

Chicken: never liked it too much.

Veg: AAYEN?!
For the Beef lovers, I would say Prince, Mehdipatnam.

As I don't eat beef, I would stick to Mutton. I don't try out at outlets until I ensure that he doesnot mix Beef with Mutton. It's better being safe than sorry.

Why an AAYEEN? for the Veg Thing Khalid Bhai? Kaiku aisa bolrai. Kya veg waale logaan insaanaan nai hai, unku haleem khaana bolke nai rehtaa kya. Aisa nai bolnaa Khalid Bhai. Dil ku channi channi kar diye aaj.

Jokes apart, been getting Veg Haleem for people at my place. As they don't have non-veg, so have to get Veg Haleem for a couple of my friends and family.
Old 2nd August 2010, 16:59   #2070
Distinguished - BHPian

Last year, me, Ravveendra and Straightdrive had a mini Haleem meet in Shah Ghouse. Pulsar56 and Anurag and a few others couldnt make it due to traffic jam.

Gosh ! a year has passed so quickly

Their haleem was the best last year. We even tried their Biryani, it was very good albeit a little oily.

Most Viewed