Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2010, 13:40   #2131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Ginger court is no longer the star of Hitec city. Its quality has come down by several notches.

I think Khayati sounds like a good place for a meet for Lunch for Hitec city folks. What say guys?
Oi, I am truly offended!! I am sure Suren, Stanher, Hyd-traveller, downsouth, milecruncher, kkr2k2 and others would be joining me in a morcha on this issue.

Why are we not included? After all we have done i.e. attend many, many benefit meets and drives, the least we could expect is that we are not excluded, we low tech guys cannot be left out, we are stake holders too. .

Cheers guys - have fun,
Old 10th August 2010, 13:47   #2132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Oi, I am truly offended!! I am sure Suren, Stanher, Hyd-traveller, downsouth, milecruncher, kkr2k2 and others would be joining me in a morcha on this issue.

Why are we not included? After all we have done i.e. attend many, many benefit meets and drives, the least we could expect is that we are not excluded, we low tech guys cannot be left out, we are stake holders too. .

Cheers guys - have fun,
+ 1 to that Ravveendrra

What do you suggest we should do? Should we sue the Hitec City folks or this indignation or boycott all meets that are in the outskirts of the city

Lets take a vote on this !
Old 10th August 2010, 15:35   #2133
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Cheers guys - have fun,
Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
+ 1 to that Ravveendrra

What do you suggest we should do? Should we sue the Hitec City folks or this indignation or boycott all meets that are in the outskirts of the city

You guys are most welcome to join us "so-called" hitec city guys. For me guys living in other side of town are more HITECH

Lets do a lunch meet on next wednesday. What say? Hope you folks are driving down from city to this village...LOL
Old 10th August 2010, 16:06   #2134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
+ 1 to that Ravveendrra

LOL

Quote:
You guys are most welcome to join us "so-called" hitec city guys. For me guys living in other side of town are more HITECH

Lets do a lunch meet on next wednesday. What say? Hope you folks are driving down from city to this village...LOL
I realised that the best way to get ot Hitech city is by Indicab - almost every vehicle on that road is driven like it is one. I think the Indicab drivers moonlight as driving instructors now.

Wednesday sounds good except that MC & I are going to be peevish, be silly and throw a tantrum. What to do? We are like this only!
Old 10th August 2010, 16:24   #2135
BHPian

Quote:
+ 1 Ravs.

Quote:

My vote is "NO" to boycott ... how can I say no where food is involved.

Quote:
Wish I could join next Wednesday but I am off to Vizag after my return from Nagpur.
Old 10th August 2010, 16:30   #2136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Next wednesday bole to 11th or 18th ?
Old 10th August 2010, 17:04   #2137
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Wish I could join next Wednesday but I am off to Vizag after my return from Nagpur.
Bajaj saab, thats too much of travelling. Make some time for meets too

Quote:
I realised that the best way to get ot Hitech city is by Indicab - almost every vehicle on that road is driven like it is one. I think the Indicab drivers moonlight as driving instructors now.

Wednesday sounds good except that MC & I are going to be peevish, be silly and throw a tantrum. What to do? We are like this only!
Sounds good. I can already imagine you guys from the main city hiring a indicab to come for a lunch in Hitec city. You know the ones who charge per individual passenger

Quote:
Next wednesday bole to 11th or 18th ?
Ani beta, your always ready for a meet. Next wednesday bole tho 18th.

Last edited by mobike008 : 10th August 2010 at 17:06.
Old 10th August 2010, 17:16   #2138
BHPian

Quote:
Bajaj saab, thats too much of travelling. Make some time for meets too
Travel is the SECOND most important reason to be on Team-BHP

The first being food meets!
Old 10th August 2010, 17:22   #2139
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Any comments on the buffet at Quality Inn Pearl near Gachibowli?

They have a week day buffet priced at Rs 399. Will appreciate any feedback on this place.

Also any other places around Hi Tech city with a good spread of Veg and Non-Veg buffet. Budget around Rs 400 (before tax)
The team chose IndiJoe.
Its quite some distance from office but I like the food there.
Anyways I decided to work from home. So I went, ate and came back.

Rs 217 or so for the Buffet. Taxes and stuff etc. I think it comes to almost 280 per person.

The fried fish (King Fish) was really good.
Rest of the food was quite nice and at the price a good VFM buffet.

This is the rate for weekdays lunch buffet.
Old 11th August 2010, 11:06   #2140
BHPian

Monday evening ravs,mile cruncher and me headed to 'maya bazaar' @ kharkhana for dinner.

We had:-

a) Chicken Manchow Soup
b) Loose Prawns(Highly reccomended)
c) Pepper chicken

Main course was:-

d) Mutton Patiala(pretty good)
e) Mutton biryani(just had the rice part ,pretty ok)
f) Assorted Rotis.

Total bill INR 700 for 3 people.

Decor of the place is pretty good ,everything was bamboo all around.

Service was super excellent(Still feel we could have tiped the guy more).

Unless i am in that side of town again will surely go there again but somehow my heart/car stops @ sholay
Old 11th August 2010, 11:15   #2141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
Monday evening ravs,mile cruncher and me headed to 'maya bazaar' @ kharkhana for dinner.

We had:-

a) Chicken Manchow Soup
b) Loose Prawns(Highly reccomended)
c) Pepper chicken
Rajesh Bhai.

Please order Hussaini Kebabs when you visit Mayabazaar next time, or ask the Sardarji that day's special kebab dish.Also try bhutan chicken, zimbly auzome.
Old 11th August 2010, 11:18   #2142
Distinguished - BHPian

I agree with your opinion Rajesh but din't you enjoy Kulfi Falooda at DPS?

Food is quite good in Mayabazaar but, for me too the buck stops at "Sholay".

Sholay simply cannot be compared when it comes to VFM north indian food.

Btw, you guys should have tried Kheema Balls, I liked it in Mayabazar.

How about doing Mayabazar again on Thursday/Friday
Old 12th August 2010, 12:51   #2143
Senior - BHPian

I had Haleem last evening at PAKVAAN.(In fact i had twice 5:15pm and 8pm)

Great taste i must say.
Old 12th August 2010, 14:43   #2144
BHPian

Quote:
Ok, here is a Q I have. What is the difference between haleem, harrees and khichada (not kichdi)?
Ravvs Bhai, this is for you.

Haleem is made out of cracked wheat called Dalia, mixed with Coarsely Ground Mutton.

Harees is more of a slimy variant of Haleem. Unlike Haleem, which has broken/uneven wheat, this has the whole thing made as a paste. Harees is a cheaper variant of Haleem and has a floury taste.

Khichda is a basically a dish, very similar to Haleem but the method, preperation and ingredients differe. Khichda is basically either made out of broken wheat or Bajra (Pearl Millet's). There are a couple of variants, which are made out of both Wheat and Bajra mixed together. The best variant is of Bajra.

Basically Khichda is a veg dish, but can be modified based on needs. Adding up Mutton Pieces and Shreds make it a Mutton Khichda. Unlike Haleem, Mutton isin't bashed to death but left as a whole.

Khichda is very popular dish in most of the Gujrati Homes. Gujrat is a place, where you will see 2 variants of each dish and so is the case with Khichda. You will get to see a Sweet Variant of Khichda and Spicier Variant of Khichda. Both taste heavenly.

Khichda is usually served pipping hot with Pure Ghee, Golden Fried Onions and Curds. Pure Ghee adds to the flavour of the Khichda and Golden Fried Onions give it the much needed rustic taste.
Old 12th August 2010, 14:52   #2145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post

Khichda is very popular dish in most of the Gujrati Homes. Gujrat is a place, where you will see 2 variants of each dish and so is the case with Khichda. You will get to see a Sweet Variant of Khichda and Spicier Variant of Khichda. Both taste heavenly.

Khichda is usually served pipping hot with Pure Ghee, Golden Fried Onions and Curds. Pure Ghee adds to the flavour of the Khichda and Golden Fried Onions give it the much needed rustic taste.
Khichda is basically a Bohri Delicacy (Dawoodi Bohra Muslims), hence you get the authentic Khichda in Gujrat.Mostly, in Khatiawad and Kutch regions.

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 12th August 2010 at 14:53. Reason: Edit

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks