Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2010, 20:58   #2236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Yup. Team-BHPians are stars in Sholay, thanks to Hyd_Traveller.

To avail the 20% discount, you just have to say your from Team-BHP before placing the order. Also, they may ask your business card. Give it to them.

It's that simple
Thats superb. Thanks Mobike for passing this tip and a big thanks to Hyd_Traveller . I am going to try Sholay next weekend.
Old 29th August 2010, 22:33   #2237
Senior - BHPian

Following a conversation with Mrs Chetan today at Kirkiri's wedding, I visited Deccan takeaway at the backside of Amruta Mall at Somajiguda today and took home a Mutton Biryani, a chicken biryani and an egg fried rice.

Cost me Rs 390 in all, and the food was really good---better than the stuff we get from Amogh Takeaway opp NIMS.

The quantity was so much that 4 of us could not finish it---we've stored some for tomorrow.
Old 30th August 2010, 11:21   #2238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Later in the night, around 1:30 AM, Prabhu, Suren, Venkat & I went to ITC Grand Kakatiya at Somajiguda for the Midnight Buffet. (@675/- plus taxes) & 50% Off on the bill!
I am interested to know this.Was this a special discount or is this standard discount for a midnight buffet.?

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 30th August 2010 at 11:22. Reason: Edit
Old 30th August 2010, 11:36   #2239
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Following a conversation with Mrs Chetan today at Kirkiri's wedding, I visited Deccan takeaway at the backside of Amruta Mall at Somajiguda today and took home a Mutton Biryani, a chicken biryani and an egg fried rice.

Cost me Rs 390 in all, and the food was really good---better than the stuff we get from Amogh Takeaway opp NIMS.

The quantity was so much that 4 of us could not finish it---we've stored some for tomorrow.
Wow, Venu. That was fast. Even i was also contemplating getting a mutton biryani from them. But, considering the heavy eating out last week. This week have put on the brakes a bit and decided to eat only one haleem per day for rest of the week

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
I am interested to know this.Was this a special discount or is this standard discount for a midnight buffet.?
+1. Even i think 400 bucks (Nett) for a buffet at GK is a steal.

Btw, there is one very nice place called "Satha Lounge" which is just after the left turn you take after crossing Pakwaan in Tadbund and is next to the wine store.

Silverwood, you may like to check it out as its close to your home.

Their food is supposed to be good, got this info from a friend.

They also have an offer (11am-7pm)

Rs.699 NETT

5 Unlimited Snacks ( 3 NV, 2 Veg)
Full fledge Buffet including biryani et. all
Unlimited Softdrinks of all brands ( Sprite, Pepsi, Thumbs-up, etc)

I think for an afternoon brunch, it would be an ideal place to "lounge around"
Old 30th August 2010, 11:50   #2240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wow, Venu. Btw, there is one very nice place called "Satha Lounge" which is just after the left turn you take after crossing Pakwaan in Tadbund and is next to the wine store.

Rs.699 NETT

Thanks Avinash.

I will check this out soon. Just wondering how did i miss this.?
Old 30th August 2010, 12:07   #2241
Senior - BHPian

@Nazim: Thou please enlighten us mere mortals on the procedure to avail the lovely discount at Grand Kakatiya.

Quote:
Btw, there is one very nice place called "Satha Lounge" which is just after the left turn you take after crossing Pakwaan in Tadbund and is next to the wine store.

Rs.699 NETT

Are you suggesting it as a venue for our next Saturday meet ?
Old 30th August 2010, 12:15   #2242
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Just wondering how did i miss this.?
Sorry for encroaching your territory. You can retaliate back by telling me something that i dont know in Himayathnagar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Are you suggesting it as a venue for our next Saturday meet ?
Ani. I am waiting for that day when you will say "NO" to a meet
Old 30th August 2010, 12:32   #2243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for encroaching your territory. You can retaliate back by telling me something that i dont know in Himayathnagar
As per my industry standards (pharma) this offense is non pardonable, encroaching other territory. Lol

Why cant we have a Midnight Buffet at Grand Kakatiya over this weekend.?

Betw: This discount is applicable for members holding sheraton cards on weekends.

for 2 people discount @ 50
for 3 people discount @ 33
for 4 people discount @ 25
for 5 people discount @ 20

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 30th August 2010 at 12:41. Reason: Edit
Old 30th August 2010, 12:59   #2244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Avinash.

I will check this out soon. Just wondering how did i miss this.?
From the look of it, it seems to be offset from the main road. Besides, once you cross Pakwaan you're more interested in either -
  1. Barging into the available gap in the traffic, or
  2. Ensuring that no one scratches your ride

in that Tadbund bottleneck. So it's not that hard to miss it I guess.

@Avi: Is it "Satha" lounge or "Sathya" lounge?

This is pretty close to my parents' place as well. I can join in for a meet here. Himayathnagar and Old City get too far for me for the regular meets.

By the way, I did come to Himayathnagar on Saturday evening for a friend's house-warming. And I saw a White Cruze parked there. I immediately started searching for a white i10 to confirm my worst fears but the Cruze bore a Pondy number so I knew I was safe (just kidding, Avi).

Regards,
spadix
Old 30th August 2010, 13:02   #2245
BHPian

True Spirit of a Foodie & Ultimate Sense of Satisfaction

How do you define "TRUE SPIRIT OF A FOODIE"?
Riding 14 Kms in heavy rains, wading through knee-deep and above the knee-deep puddles of water, jostling through the maddenning and chaotic traffic to reach the destination for an untimate bowl full of Haleem to satiate the thirst for that one bowl full of pipping hot haleem.

How do you define "Ultimate Sense of Satisfaction"?
Reaching home safe and sound with that bowl of haleem and having it pipping hot at home, recollecting the moments with family.

The Haleem Experience:
Planned to have haleem and this led me to Deccan Paradise. Started from my place at 8:15 to pick up my cousin, in order to embark on the journey to lay our hands on delicious haleem at Deccan Paradise.
Rain Gods had something else in mind, they planned to party and unleash their fury at 8.25 & was dreched to the extremes, even before I could realise "It was Raining"

As I stay at Kothapet, I took the following route to reach Shah Ali Banda.
Kothapet - Dilsukh Nagar - Malakpet - Saidabad Road - Chanchalguda - Dabeerpura - Purani Haveli - Mir Alam Mandi Road - Kotla Ali Jah - Moghalpura - Chandulal Bela - Shah Ali Banda

Hit upon water pools of various sizes and depths at Dabeerpura, Mir Alam Mandi Road, Kotla Ali Jah, Moghalpura, Bela & Shah Ali Banda.

Had to take a U-Turn at Bela as there was a huge catchment of water, that could put any other puddle to shame, it was Chest Deep. Took a bylane to reach Chandulal Bela.

Have to mention this brave antic by a brave soldier with a female as a pillion rider on Hero Honda Passion. They ventured into the lake, misjudging the depth and without paying heed to the advice of shop keepers around. A couple of feet into the water and his engine went KAPUT. I pity the female more than the brave soldier as she had to literally swim back the shores, where we were standing, with his brother in tow.

Overall, it was a worth while experience and I enjoyed that plate of haleem, for which i've gone through this.

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-deccan-paradise-haleem-01.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-deccan-paradise-haleem-02.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-deccan-paradise-haleem-03.jpg
*Avinash Bhai, look at the amount of Fried Onions served to me at Deccan Paradise.

Last edited by traveloholic : 30th August 2010 at 13:05.
Old 30th August 2010, 13:06   #2246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
From the look of it, it seems to be offset from the main road. Besides, once you cross Pakwaan you're more interested in either -
  1. Barging into the available gap in the traffic, or
  2. Ensuring that no one scratches your ride
I disagree with you on your second point, courtesy my 1942 Jeep. Its the other way around.
Old 30th August 2010, 13:08   #2247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I disagree with you on your second point, courtesy my 1942 Jeep. Its the other way around.
I get the message. I'll stay a fair distance away from anything resembling a 1942 jeep on that stretch from now on.

Regards,
spadix

Last edited by spadix : 30th August 2010 at 13:10.
Old 30th August 2010, 13:17   #2248
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Why cant we have a Midnight Buffet at Grand Kakatiya over this weekend.?

Betw: This discount is applicable for members holding sheraton cards on weekends.

for 2 people discount @ 50
for 3 people discount @ 33
for 4 people discount @ 25
for 5 people discount @ 20
It makes sense only if its 50% off. How come Pulsar56 and gang availed 50% even when they were 4 of them? Clarification please

Quote:
@Avi: Is it "Satha" lounge or "Sathya" lounge?

This is pretty close to my parents' place as well. I can join in for a meet here. Himayathnagar and Old City get too far for me for the regular meets.

By the way, I did come to Himayathnagar on Saturday evening for a friend's house-warming. And I saw a White Cruze parked there. I immediately started searching for a white i10 to confirm my worst fears but the Cruze bore a Pondy number so I knew I was safe (just kidding, Avi).

Regards,
spadix
Sorry, when i type here on forum. Most of the times i dont care much about the spelling. It's Sathya Lounge indeed.

On Saturday evening, my White Annihilator was peacefully parked next to the " White Angel" so you missed me

@Nikhil, what an experience man, i am totally terrified just to read your water logged travail. I can do that if i was a pillion rider or a passenger in a car.

Was it as good as you described to me yesterday afternoon? Btw, i dont agree with your post that you had only "one" haleem. Tell me its wrong

Looks like all hyderabad folks are on a food rampage first thing on a monday morning. Come on guys, lets get back to work....LOL
Old 30th August 2010, 13:21   #2249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
*Avinash Bhai, look at the amount of Fried Onions served to me at Deccan Paradise.
Great narration Nikhil Bhai.

Quote:
I get the message. I'll stay a fair distance away from anything resembling a 1942 jeep on that stretch from now on.

Regards,
spadix
This is the pic, i have a valid tpi as well.
Attached Thumbnails
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img_7158.jpg  

Old 30th August 2010, 13:30   #2250
BHPian

Quote:
@Nikhil, what an experience man, i am totally terrified just to read your water logged travail. I can do that if i was a pillion rider or a passenger in a car.
Thanks Avi Bhai. It was an experience in itself. I enjoy it, when I am the rider and not pillion, especially, when it's my vehicle. Cos, I know when to tiwst its ears to get the most out of it

Quote:
Great narration Nikhil Bhai.
Thanks Waseem Bhai. There's an long pending Haleem meet with you guys too.

Quote:
Was it as good as you described to me yesterday afternoon? Btw, i dont agree with your post that you had only "one" haleem. Tell me its wrong
I had only 1 Haleem, but we ordered/parcelled 12 Plates of Haleem from Deccan Paradise.

Last edited by traveloholic : 30th August 2010 at 13:31.

Most Viewed