Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2010, 19:32   #2281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
I wasn't talking of this outlet but there's another swanky new thing which is started by (if I'm not mistaken) a bunch of fellow alums. I could be wrong.
Quote:
@SILVERWOOD this is near Ratnadeep super market on the road which goes from Banjara Hills Road #3 to Srinagar Colony (junction after you cross Southern Spice and before the dargah).
Spadix Bhai, I was speaking about the same outlet, that is near Ratnadeep Super Market on the Banjara Hills - Sri Nagar Colony road.

See my post, where I mentioned the road it's on. The name could be wrong, but the location isin't
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Naturals is on Banjara Hills - Srinagar Colony road.
Old 31st August 2010, 20:05   #2282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Spadix Bhai, I was speaking about the same outlet, that is near Ratnadeep Super Market on the Banjara Hills - Sri Nagar Colony road.

See my post, where I mentioned the road it's on. The name could be wrong, but the location isin't
Ok let me go back two posts (of mine). I said there's some naturals ice cream shop in Banjara Hills (which I know is close to Ohri's actually) which if I remember correctly is started by some fellow alums.

Then there's Naturals near Ratnadeep which you mentioned and I agreed is a great place but isn't the one I was referring to in the first place .

Something somewhere got confused but I was basically referring to a different outlet (with a different name) which also serves "organic" ice cream if we can call it that. I'll dig up some old emails to find that name.

Regards,
spadix
Old 31st August 2010, 20:21   #2283
BHPian

Quote:
Ok let me go back two posts (of mine). I said there's some naturals ice cream shop in Banjara Hills (which I know is close to Ohri's actually) which if I remember correctly is started by some fellow alums.
If my memory serves me right, then the name of the outlet is Natural Ice & Jelly

There's another outlet in Banjara Hills, which goes by the name New Zealand Naturals, which also serve ice creams

Quote:
Something somewhere got confused but I was basically referring to a different outlet (with a different name) which also serves "organic" ice cream if we can call it that. I'll dig up some old emails to find that name
I know where the confusion started off... with the Name & Location, they both have the word's NATURAL & BANJARA HILLS common in them. That's where the whole confusion started

Last edited by traveloholic : 31st August 2010 at 20:22.
Old 31st August 2010, 20:46   #2284
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
There's another outlet in Banjara Hills, which goes by the name New Zealand Naturals, which also serve ice creams
Isnt this opposite to Film Nagar club? I thought i saw this store while on my way to work many times.

Btw, as i type this while on my weekly call. I am enjoying a haleem from Kebab Inn from Himayathnagar.

Really yummy and you wont beileve, he poured ghee on top of the haleem and loads of cashewnuts and a bit spicy.

Signing off to enjoy it
Old 1st September 2010, 16:29   #2285
Distinguished - BHPian

Nikhil, do try out Kabab Inn Haleem. You can meet Fleetmaster and you both can enjoy there. It really is good. Except that kachra bahut hai. You know a few bones, masala stuff, loads of kaju, kalimirch etc.

But, the meat mixed in pure ghee which he pours on top of it is heaven. I would rate this really good.

P.S: Btw, today planning to go for dinner to my old haunt " Reshmi's" and what i am going to order is also decided
Old 1st September 2010, 17:55   #2286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
But, the meat mixed in pure ghee which he pours on top of it is heaven. I would rate this really good.
If you are speaking about pure ghee, then you should see the Dollops of Pure Ghee the Guy at Deccan Paradise puts on top of Haleem. I've got EXTRA Fried Onions with loads of Kaju's the last time I went to DP. It's gonna rain Pure Ghee, Fried Onions and Kaju's at DP on Friday.
Old 2nd September 2010, 09:17   #2287
Distinguished - BHPian

Visited "Reshmi" for dinner. Amazing experience as before. Even the Valet was happy to see me after such a long time

We ordered :-

Tomato Soups
Veg Corn Cheese Balls
Chicken Kalmi Kebab
Fresh Lime Sodas
Kadai Veg
Kheema Paratha/Gobi Paratha

Corn Cheese balls got bigger and much more delicious. Must Have

Kalmi Kebab, I would rate them, one of the best in our city. Juicy, Juicy, and more juicy

Kheema Paratha was good nothing spectacular and was big and stuffed with lots and lots of kheema and it was a mistake to order it. It ruined my dieting plans.

No idea about the bill as it was a treat from wifey

The place has been slightly renovated and looks much better. 1st floor owners have converted for private parties ( which was their living quarters as they moved out of that place).

Owner ( She) was pleased to see us and took us for a tour of the 1st floor premises. 35 Pax capacity and they take minimum 20 Pax.

Then we drove to DPS, Sikh Village and had the Kesar Dry Fruit Falooda. Another mistake by ordering this heavenly dessert. I decided to skip meals for next 2 days...LOL

Last edited by mobike008 : 2nd September 2010 at 09:18.
Old 2nd September 2010, 09:20   #2288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Visited "Reshmi" for dinner. Amazing experience as before. Even the Valet was happy to see me after such a long time
Where is this restaurant.?
Old 2nd September 2010, 09:29   #2289
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Where is this restaurant.?
I used to visit this restuarant like we visit Sholay now, almost 2-3 times a month and owners, waiters and even the valet know me very well.

Nice homely type good food.

They are bang opposite to Nankings in Parklane.
Old 2nd September 2010, 09:35   #2290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I used to visit this restuarant like we visit Sholay now, almost 2-3 times a month and owners, waiters and even the valet know me very well.

Thanks, Is it owned by a Sardar Family if i am not wrong.?
Old 2nd September 2010, 09:42   #2291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Sounds like a good place. Nanking was an old favourite that went bust in the middle and has now roared back with a bang. I should try Reshmi's out soon.

How are the valet parking drivers? So far I've given BQ to only one valet driver that too in an unavoidable situation (BQ was obstructing the path of some other car).

Regards,
spadix
Old 2nd September 2010, 10:06   #2292
Team-BHP Support

Not the favorite joint out here. Treat this like a news bulletin.

Saw a board outside Hyderabad House today morning, Rs 199 for unlimited Haleem.

I don't see much point in it as most guys can barely finish 2 plates with 3 being the maximum. Cost of 3 plates is Rs 210. So you save Rs 11.
Old 2nd September 2010, 13:08   #2293
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Thanks, Is it owned by a Sardar Family if i am not wrong.?
Nope. It's run by a punjabi husband and wife. Wife being the charmer and hubby a silent spectator

Quote:
Sounds like a good place. Nanking was an old favourite that went bust in the middle and has now roared back with a bang. I should try Reshmi's out soon.

How are the valet parking drivers? So far I've given BQ to only one valet driver that too in an unavoidable situation (BQ was obstructing the path of some other car).

Regards,
spadix
As your a veggie, you will love Reshmi. Very good food. Try their veg cheese corn balls ( superb). Their valet driver ( tall fellow) is very good. Quite gentle with the car.

I am yet to give my WA to a valet. I dont think i will do that anytime in near future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Not the favorite joint out here. Treat this like a news bulletin.

Saw a board outside Hyderabad House today morning, Rs 199 for unlimited Haleem.

I don't see much point in it as most guys can barely finish 2 plates with 3 being the maximum. Cost of 3 plates is Rs 210. So you save Rs 11.
Hyderabad House and their pathetic marketing gimmicks. I wouldnt eat there even if someone treats me free.

Cafe Bahar Haleem comes at Rs.55/Plate. I can eat 3 plates and still save Rs.34 bucks and their haleem would be way better.
Old 2nd September 2010, 15:13   #2294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As your a veggie, you will love Reshmi. Very good food. Try their veg cheese corn balls ( superb). Their valet driver ( tall fellow) is very good. Quite gentle with the car.
Thanks for the feedback, Avinash bhai!

Quote:
I am yet to give my WA to a valet. I dont think i will do that anytime in near future
It was unavoidable at GRT Somajiguda. Idiots have a very "squarish" parking cellar. Actually I shouldn't be so harsh on them because at least they *have* a covered park! So there was this Santro if I remember correctly behind which I parked, and both wife (selector) and I (purchaser ) had to go in. I had no option but to leave BQ with the valet.

A few days back we went to Mirchi on MG Road (or maybe the other outlet next to it). I refused valet parking and went and parked BQ myself in their underground cellar through that narrow road next to Ramgopalpet PS. Nice restaurant by the way, and good value for money. Typical Punjabi restaurant food of the kind I was used to as a bachelor a few years back in Bengaluru (Koramangala, Aangan restaurant).

Quote:
Hyderabad House and their pathetic marketing gimmicks. I wouldnt eat there even if someone treats me free.
There was a time when I used to like Hyderabad House biryani. The outlet near Minister Road circle was very good. The Madivala junction outlet in Bengaluru was decent too. Just yesterday however I ordered biryani and manchurian from the Miyapur outlet and while the service was very prompt (compared to my earlier experience) the food itself wasn't that great :(. It's just going downhill, this franchise.

Thankfully at least the quantities are good. It would've been insult to injury otherwise (or maybe it already is - being forced to eat too much of not-so-good stuff ).

Regards,
spadix
Old 2nd September 2010, 23:11   #2295

[quote=mobike008;2052737]Nope. It's run by a punjabi husband and wife. Wife being the charmer and hubby a silent spectator

+1 and 2 well-fed Punjabi children make up their family.

Quite good veggie food served there...my order, lately, has exclusively been masala papads followed by chopped mix-veg curry and their amazingly light phulkas.

I would surely recommend this place.

Cheers.

Most Viewed