Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2010, 11:05   #2311
Team-BHP Support

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img294.jpg

Basra Pride, Banjara Hills Road Number 1.

Ordered Mutton Biryani and Mutton Boti Kabebs.
Both were priced at Rs 110. So total bill Rs 220.

Biryani dry and with less masala. I liked it. Nice long grains and decent amount of meat. No weird or badly cut bones either.

Mutton kebebs, dry and slightly spicy. Typical of such joints.
Old 6th September 2010, 11:55   #2312
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Myself, Ani and Avi had been to Cafe Bahaar on Friday evening and ordered the following.

Murg Massalam-Yummy
Hyderabadi Chicken- Average taste
Tandoori Roti
Rumali Roti &
Mutton Biriyani- Good taste.

Total Damages:Rs 450
I didnt like Biryani that day. I tried their Biryani earlier from their family section upstairs which was pretty good.
Old 6th September 2010, 15:57   #2313
Team-BHP Support

Suggestions requested for a treat by https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/members/mobike008.html
Old 6th September 2010, 16:27   #2314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Suggestions requested for a treat by https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/members/mobike008.html
Since we didn't get treat from you as well, why not combine it. We don't want our friends to be overburdened you see.

Cheers
Old 7th September 2010, 10:33   #2315
HPP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
Have always been a yoko's and kobe fan when it comes to sizzlers,but then since both of them are non existent in hyd,headed out to palace heights @ abids.(indiejoe's was like been there done that ,so wanted to go to a new place)

We were 3 of us and we ordered :-

a couple of soups (non veg/veg)
Mix grill sizzler (pretty good)
veg grill sizzler ( did not try it,looked dodgy)
Meat steak sizzler( big disappointment)
meat indiana (ok ok)

there was garlic bread to go with the above and couple of fruit punch( it was more like orange squash)

now if you ask me i was really not content with the food here apart from the place( view is really cool,as its on the 8th floor)

my definition of sizzler is something which comes with rice/noodles/mushroom chunks/cheese layers and french fries ... none were there.

total bill was inr 2060..

will only go there for the view/ambience and NOT the sizzlers..
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Palace Heights?? I thought you were gormandizing on meat at the Srisailam forest!!

Anyways, Palace Heights has been known for its great view for the past 2 decades.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
I went to Palace Heights as a single digit year-old kid.

We waited 45 minutes for our cold dinner to arrive.

I've never gone back there again, and never will.

If I need ambience I'll go to Waterfront. There's good food to boot.

Regards,
spadix

Palace Heights has some very good Chinese food, I've been there countless times over the last 20+ years and it's always good. I don't think I'd eat anything else if going there. Things like the usual soups, chili chicken(wet or dry), Manchurian anything, etc etc..
Old 7th September 2010, 16:55   #2316
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Since we didn't get treat from you as well, why not combine it. We don't want our friends to be overburdened you see.Cheers
I have a better suggestion. Imran and Ani, why dont you guys take me out for a nice lunch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPP View Post
Palace Heights has some very good Chinese food, I've been there countless times over the last 20+ years and it's always good. I don't think I'd eat anything else if going there. Things like the usual soups, chili chicken(wet or dry), Manchurian anything, etc etc..
+1. Sizzlers have recently become a rave from PH. However, i warned that its indian style sizzlers and not upto liking of all.

Their Indian and Chinese fare is still pretty good.

Yesterday, ordered take-away from "Shangai Chef" and this is what we ordered :-

Chilly Prawns
Schezwan Mixed Noodles
Schezwan Chicken Fried Rice
Kung Pao Chicken in Gravy

Damages : Rs.720

Chilly Prawns was fantastic
Rest of the food was also pretty good.

However, Chilly Prawns at Rs.230 is pretty expensive compared to CP of Club 8 which is Rs.130 and better tasting.

Last edited by mobike008 : 7th September 2010 at 16:56.
Old 7th September 2010, 17:33   #2317
BHPian

Me and a few colleagues tried the 'Arati aaku' restaurent, which is in Kavuri Hills, next to choclate room near the Madhapur Police station. The restaurent is a new one and has ample parking and dining space. The service was very bad. There is no menu card - only meals and soups (Only veg rest) are being served currently. Each refill was taking like 10 minutes. 95+taxes for each plate of meals. The items served were tasty, though.
Old 7th September 2010, 17:41   #2318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I have a better suggestion. Imran and Ani, why dont you guys take me out for a nice lunch?

+1. Sizzlers have recently become a rave from PH. However, i warned that its indian style sizzlers and not upto liking of all.

Their Indian and Chinese fare is still pretty good.

Yesterday, ordered take-away from "Shangai Chef" and this is what we ordered :-

Chilly Prawns
Schezwan Mixed Noodles
Schezwan Chicken Fried Rice
Kung Pao Chicken in Gravy

Damages : Rs.720

Chilly Prawns was fantastic
Rest of the food was also pretty good.

However, Chilly Prawns at Rs.230 is pretty expensive compared to CP of Club 8 which is Rs.130 and better tasting.
Try the Thai menu at Shangai Chef. Its really yummy
Old 7th September 2010, 17:58   #2319
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankShaft05 View Post
Try the Thai menu at Shangai Chef. Its really yummy
Actually during my first visit to SC. Tried Thai food and found it really good. Its mentioned somewhere in the previous posts.

Infact, the much expensive Ohri's had a Thai festival and were totally disappointed by their Rs.475/head Buffet Dinner
Old 7th September 2010, 18:12   #2320
Senior - BHPian

Folks,
I'd like someone to pinpoit Cafe Bahar's location---I might need to have a quick gulp of Haleem before the season is over. I don't wanna venture into old city, though I know it is better there.
Old 7th September 2010, 18:17   #2321
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Folks,
I'd like someone to pinpoit Cafe Bahar's location---I might need to have a quick gulp of Haleem before the season is over. I don't wanna venture into old city, though I know it is better there.
If your coming from Liberty, cross Ohris Basheerbagh which falls on your right and keep going ahead.

DON'T take the flyover and keep going ahead whilst crossing Hotel Shanbagh and take a left at the crossroad.

After left, the road forks out to left and right. Take the left road which goes to Hyderguda.

Keep going for about 100 meters and you will see Cafe Bahar on your right hand side
Old 7th September 2010, 18:46   #2322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
If your coming from Liberty, cross Ohris Basheerbagh which falls on your right and keep going ahead.

DON'T take the flyover and keep going ahead whilst crossing Hotel Shanbagh and take a left at the crossroad.

After left, the road forks out to left and right. Take the left road which goes to Hyderguda.

Keep going for about 100 meters and you will see Cafe Bahar on your right hand side
Thanks, Avi. Since it is quite near to the Police Commissioner's office, parking must be a pain there. Anyways, I'll go with someone and ask him to pick it up while I wait in the car.
Old 7th September 2010, 19:07   #2323
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, Avi. Since it is quite near to the Police Commissioner's office, parking must be a pain there. Anyways, I'll go with someone and ask him to pick it up while I wait in the car.
You are right vnabhi. Parking is a big problem at cafe Bahar. And it again depends on the time you would be going. If it would be after 9PM, the adjacent shops to cafe Bahar would be closed and we can park our cars easily. Anyways, if you have a chance to take somebody with you, thats the best option
Old 7th September 2010, 19:15   #2324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
The best chaat in the town is available at Bikanerwala, Road no. 1, Banjara Hills.
I have tasted the best chat at the following 3 places.

1. Gokul chat, Koti (Cut Mirchi Ragada is the best)
2. Maharaja chat bhandar(Near to madhapur police station)
3. There is a chat bhandar next to KFC near Secunderabad Chermas. I dont remember the name but its very tasty.
Old 7th September 2010, 19:31   #2325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankShaft05 View Post
3. There is a chat bhandar next to KFC near Secunderabad Chermas. I dont remember the name but its very tasty.
That's a very famous joint which was popular even during my school days (15+ years ago).

When we could get something like 4 to 6 pani puris for a rupee in the rest of twin cities this place would serve only 2, but those 2 were to die for.

Never really cared to remember (or even note down) the name, however. As long as the chaat is great, any name will do .

The bandi* at Diamond Point was also supposed to be very good (recommended by same bunch of school friends) but I never found that as good as even the local bandis near my place.

* - thela

Regards,
spadix

Most Viewed