Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2010, 09:54   #2326
BHPian

Yesterday had Chicken biryani and badam kheer in 4 seasons-retibouli ,it was awesome .I have been here so many times the taste remains the same.Only problem is that its not served hot. Its medium hot. The chicken is cooked so tenderly and its pink in color.The masalas are just right,not too much or not too less,correct proportion. Awesome folks.Highly recommended.

Last time when i went there ,the chef prepared a special chicken dish for me as i had already tasted all the dishes.The dish was simply awesome.Had the same with Kulcha.Truely was a foodies delight. The ingredients are so perfect ask not ,just try it once.

Last edited by msvg : 8th September 2010 at 09:56.
Old 8th September 2010, 10:25   #2327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankShaft05 View Post
I have tasted the best chat at the following 3 places.

2. Maharaja chat bhandar(Near to madhapur police station)
Yes this place is definitely recommended - he has now moved in the by-lanes behind the madhapur police station.
Old 8th September 2010, 12:13   #2328
BHPian

Dining at Novotel HICC

Novotel HICC Centre have created a new website :

Novotel Hyderabad Convention Centre Restaurant
Old 8th September 2010, 12:37   #2329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have tasted the best chat at the following 3 places.

3. There is a chat bhandar next to KFC near Secunderabad Chermas. I dont remember the name but its very tasty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
That's a very famous joint which was popular even during my school days (15+ years ago).

When we could get something like 4 to 6 pani puris for a rupee in the rest of twin cities this place would serve only 2, but those 2 were to die for.

Never really cared to remember (or even note down) the name, however. As long as the chaat is great, any name will do .

Regards,
spadix
Its in a very small lane next to Ramgopalpet police station if you are going from rani gunj to paradise.He serves amazing pav bhaji as well.
Old 8th September 2010, 12:51   #2330
Distinguished - BHPian

Couple of other areas in Hyd/Sec'bad which are haven for chat is :-

1. Sindhi Colony, P.G Road
2. Boggulkunta ( This is really big in terms of the crowd that visits each day to enjoy the chat, grilled sandwiches, Ice-Gola's, Fruit Juices etc)
Old 8th September 2010, 15:43   #2331
Distinguished - BHPian

Last night our search for Haleem took us to Old city and wanted to eat at Shadaab.

At midnight, there was absolutely no parking place entire stretch in front of Shadab and dint want to walk all the way back from High Court-end which was the only place you could park as it was drizzling.

Decided to skip Shaadab and went to Hotel Niagara at Chaderghat

Ordered :-

Kadai Chicken
Tandoori Roti
Mutton Biryani

Damages : Rs.300 ( including tips)

At that time, it was almost full and as always mentioned. If you want to eat at Niagara, eat only at their chaderghat outlet. The food was very good even at that hour.

Hyderguda and Tolichowki outlets are crap !
Old 8th September 2010, 15:46   #2332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Decided to skip Shaadab and went to Hotel Niagara at Chaderghat

Hyderguda and Tolichowki outlets are crap !
The Tolichowki outlet does not exist anymore.

Shah Ghouse has taken over this from Niagara for good.
Old 8th September 2010, 17:51   #2333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msvg View Post
Yesterday had Chicken biryani and badam kheer in 4 seasons-retibouli ,it was awesome .I have been here so many times the taste remains the same.Only problem is that its not served hot. Its medium hot. The chicken is cooked so tenderly and its pink in color.The masalas are just right,not too much or not too less,correct proportion. Awesome folks.Highly recommended.

Last time when i went there ,the chef prepared a special chicken dish for me as i had already tasted all the dishes.The dish was simply awesome.Had the same with Kulcha.Truely was a foodies delight. The ingredients are so perfect ask not ,just try it once.
I have once been to 4 seasons in Kondapur and the biryani was not good.

The chicken piece was not hot and I felt that the waiter would have got it right from the refrigirator.

I have heard from a lot of people that biryani at 4 seasons is very nice but my experience wasn't great.
Old 8th September 2010, 17:59   #2334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have heard from a lot of people that biryani at 4 seasons is very nice but my experience wasn't great.
+1

I don't get the hype about 4 seasons.

Bland (almost tasteless - and this is probably why most of my Northie friends who aren't used to chillies and burning hot food like it a lot) and cold. This was the veg. biryani at Tolichowki.

I'll never go back there (or to any other branch) again. Hyderabad House offers much tastier stuff!

Regards,
spadix
Old 8th September 2010, 18:05   #2335
Distinguished - BHPian

Attempted thrice to eat at 4 Seasons. All attempts failed!

I am also not a fan of 4-seasons
Old 8th September 2010, 21:56   #2336
Distinguished - BHPian

There is a mad rush to eat haleem as only 2 days left.

Cafe Bahar ran out of stock at 8pm

I picked up a couple of plates from Kabab Inn at Himayathnagar and the way he is selling, i am sure he will be laughing all the way to the bank.

Tasted very good, lots of ghee except that it was slightly on spicer side.
Old 8th September 2010, 22:37   #2337
BHPian

Just back after having haleem at Mandar, tolichowki. Visiting this place from past three years. Able to get haleem in second visit, first time haleem was over by 6:45pm, guess there was huge gathering for iftar.

Places visited for Haleem so far this season.

Savri(BanjaraHills) – 2 times (good)

Paradise(Hi-tech) – 4 times(good)

Shah Ghouse(tolichowki) – 1 time (good) visited this when failed to get haleem at Mandar

555(Masabtank) – 2 times (very good), best haleem I had this season. Thinking to visit again tomorrow, being the last day.

Dine Hill(Masabtank) – 1 time (good)

PistaHouse – 2 times(good). Had near Shangrill Plaza(banjarahills) it was steaming hot until last spoon. Second time from take away counter in Miyapur.

Green Bawarchi(Madinaguda) – 3 times (good)

Capri(Chandanagar) – 1 time(good) bit spicy.

Hyderabad Restaurant(near Yousufguda checkpost) – 2 times(not upto expectations). Visiting this place since three years. First visit this year sad that taste and quality was not upto mark and second visit even more pathetic.
Old 9th September 2010, 01:31   #2338
Senior - BHPian

Just back from my Old City walk. 4 of us went to Shadab from office. Of course I was the vegetarian and had some veggie stuff but 2 of the other 3 had Shadaab special Haleem which they couldn't finish .

The three of them also had Shadaab Spl. Chicken Biryani which they were all raving about.

After my dinner I had qubaani ka meetha and lassi, and my word, were they tasty! Superb stuff indeed.

We followed that heavy meal with a walk to Charminar and back and some light shopping. This is so much more refreshing than the stupid mall-hopping which I absolutely hate and despise and anyway don't do much of unless there's some pressure from the better half.

The other three topped this off with a round of irani chai at Madina Hotel. That must've been enjoyable after getting somewhat damp in the rain.

To summarize -
  • Cab to Madina Circle from office = INR 320
  • Dinner at Shadaab for 4 = INR 1000
  • Ramzaan shopping at Charminar = INR 120 (for me)
  • Getting stuck in a human traffic jam in light rain = priceless!
That was some terrain even a 4x4 cannot conquer!

Regards,
spadix
Old 9th September 2010, 09:07   #2339
HPP
BHPian

I like 4 Seasons a lot, however I don't usually order/eat biryani at restaurants. I've had a lot of great dishes from there(Toli Chowki and Hi tech), and had some very good dishes catered by them as well.
Old 9th September 2010, 12:35   #2340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
There is a mad rush to eat haleem as only 2 days left.

Cafe Bahar ran out of stock at 8pm

I picked up a couple of plates from Kabab Inn at Himayathnagar and the way he is selling, i am sure he will be laughing all the way to the bank.

Tasted very good, lots of ghee except that it was slightly on spicer side.
Yesterday been to Shadab & Deccan Paradise for Haleem and both were sold out. Shadab was sold out by 11.30 & Deccan Paradise by 11.00.

DP being totally sold out and no other option around, Shahghouse was doing great business all the time.

Had a couple of takeaways from Shahghouse. Looks like because of the rush, he has screwed up the taste this time to ensure everyone gets their share. It was maddening rush at Shahghouse yesterday night at 12.30. It looked like he was giving it for free. There were a lot of fist fights around the counter.

I silently called a waiter and handed him Rs.20/- extra & within 2 minutes I had my 2 plates in hand. That's the power of money. However, the taste wasn't great at all & never wanted to end the haleem season like this.

Hope I get some good haleem at Shadab or Deccan Paradise today, else i would have to bid adieu to this haleem season with a bad note.

Last edited by traveloholic : 9th September 2010 at 12:40.

Most Viewed