Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2010, 09:45   #2461
Senior - BHPian

I had my dinner last evening at the Chinese bandi, which is net to GVK One.

The food is ok types. Ordered

Chicken fried rice-3 No's
Chicken 65-1 No's

The total bill was Rs Rs 130

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had been to Naturals Ice cream parlour on Friday and Sunday evening at their new branch which has come up next to Begumpet traffic PS.

The ice creams are great.Please try sithapal when you visit next.
Old 4th October 2010, 13:29   #2462
BHPian

guys pls help with direction to Sholay restaurant,planning for dinner with family tonite.and suggestions of what to try from the beloved patrons
Old 4th October 2010, 13:36   #2463
Senior - BHPian

On SP road,when going towards Begumpet from Paradise,take a left after Nallis showroom on your left(opp Shoppers Stop which is on your right),a few 100meters down the road,you would find the restaurant on your right!

They have a halwa on the menu which is quite a must eat one,cant exactly remember what was it:(
Old 4th October 2010, 13:37   #2464
Team-BHP Support

Health Lovers.

Road Number 36, Jubilee Hills. In the same complex that houses Levi's and Cakes&Bakes.

This is not a typical restaurant. They are a healthy alternative.
Decent seating area in a lounge styling. Very comfortable sofa's and a some newspapers to keep you engaged.

I have been there twice. Both times took food as takeaways. Satisfied both times in terms of quality and quantity.

Pasta Arabiata: Very well made and a little spicy. Rs 100.
Immunity Booster: A drink made of lemon, oranges, apple and spinach. Rs 60.

Chicken Salad: I picked it up on my way to office. Just finished it and the quantity is good for one person. Lots of olives and nice chunky pieces of chicken. Also had cucumber, carrots,onions etc. I had asked them to go easy on the mayonnaise. It was a good healthy alternate to the food in my office cafeteria.

Chicken Hawaiian Salad: Rs 100. Pretty much like the chicken salad but contains some pineapples etc. Picked it up for a colleague of mine. She is not yet in, so I don't know how it tastes. But looks good. Rs 90.

I am especially happy with this place as its on my daily route to office. With decent space to park and a nice ambiance while waiting to pick up food.

There is a branch functioning opposite LV Prasad Eye Hospital beside Heritage Fresh.
They are also opening another branch. Some where near Beyond Coffee.

For the body builders. They have different types of Whey drinks as well.

Last edited by bblost : 4th October 2010 at 13:40.
Old 4th October 2010, 14:26   #2465
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
guys pls help with direction to Sholay restaurant,planning for dinner with family tonite.and suggestions of what to try from the beloved patrons
Simple direction : Bang Opposite Shoppers Stop you will see an arch which advertises SHOLAY..Get inside the arch and 100 meters inside its on your right.

Announce to maitre' d your from TBHP to avail the 20% discount.

Must eat there :-

Bathinde Kukkad ( Chicken Gravy dish)
Mutton Roganjosh
N-V Platter
Veg Pulao

No idea about desserts as i generally dont order them. But, i am told all desserts are superb.

Enjoy!
Old 4th October 2010, 14:33   #2466
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Announce to maitre' d your from TBHP to avail the 20% discount.

Must eat there :-

Bathinde Kukkad ( Chicken Gravy dish)
Please ask him to make this dish semi spicy, off-late Bathinda de Kukkad is dumped with green chillies.

You may also want to try Chicken Tikka Masala.

The name of maitre' d is Mr. Ranjan.

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 4th October 2010 at 14:34. Reason: Edit
Old 4th October 2010, 15:37   #2467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
On SP road,when going towards Begumpet from Paradise,take a left after Nallis showroom on your left(opp Shoppers Stop which is on your right),a few 100meters down the road,you would find the restaurant on your right!

They have a halwa on the menu which is quite a must eat one,cant exactly remember what was it:(
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Please ask him to make this dish semi spicy, off-late Bathinda de Kukkad is dumped with green chillies.

You may also want to try Chicken Tikka Masala.

The name of maitre' d is Mr. Ranjan.
The halwa I think is gajar ka halwa or it could also be moong dal ka halwa.

Thanks for seconding my thought, Waseem. I thought only I felt that Sholay has started making food extra spicy. And it was the thought of chillie-full food that detered me the whole of last week from venturing anywhere near Sholay.
Old 4th October 2010, 17:45   #2468
BHPian

Thxns ,ranjitp1,avi,waseem and mr.bajaj . based on our food guru's recomendation looking forward for sholay experience tonite .
Old 5th October 2010, 10:57   #2469
BHPian

Rogan josh

Inviting experiences of restaurants serving of the famous Kashmiri dish Rogan Josh in the twin city. Not the hot Andhra version but the authentic Kashmiri version.

Which joints serve the best rogan josh ?
Old 5th October 2010, 11:08   #2470
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
Rogan josh

Inviting experiences of restaurants serving of the famous Kashmiri dish Rogan Josh in the twin city. Not the hot Andhra version but the authentic Kashmiri version.

I have a simple answer.'NONE'

Rogan josh is flavoured with 'Ratan jote' which is a dry bark of a tree found in Kashmir Valley which gives it the color along with Kashmiri Chillies and saffron.

Rogan in 'Rogan Josh' is the red color oily layer that forms after it is cooked.
Old 5th October 2010, 11:30   #2471
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
Rogan josh

The only place that i truly enjoyed Rogan Josh is at " Angeethi". Way better than any other place in Hyderabad.

Head straight to that place!
Old 5th October 2010, 12:16   #2472
BHPian

Had a great time at Sholay y'day, ordered as suggested by our food guru's .Liked everything except Mutton Briyani not to my liking .Ambience is v.good ,will definitely visit again and to top it is all got 20% discount aswell.Total damage - 1946 for 4 ppl.
Old 5th October 2010, 13:08   #2473
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Had a great time at Sholay y'day, ordered as suggested by our food guru's .Liked everything except Mutton Briyani not to my liking .Ambience is v.good ,will definitely visit again and to top it is all got 20% discount aswell.Total damage - 1946 for 4 ppl.
Whewwwww (that was all of us heaving a sigh of relief)

Glad to know the positive review but, for the advice we all gave you, we would have expected a little more detailed review ( read dish by dish) of your experience.

I am particularly interested to know if you too found the food spicy?

Havent been there in a while as wifey isnt keeping well who loves to go ONLY to Sholay !!!
Old 5th October 2010, 13:51   #2474
BHPian

ok avi bhai ordered : Didn't go thru the menu completely , had made a note of all suggestions and jus read them out 1 NV Platter - good mix of mutton,chicken & prawns . perfectly cooked ,tender however lil spicy . 1 Mutton Seek Kebab - Vgood 1 Bathinda da Kukkad - requested for less spice as advised, good portion sufficient for 4 adults & 2 kids 1 Rogani Mutton - only bones very lil meat,however gravy was good. 1 assorted Bread Basket 1 Gosht Biryani - again lil meat and the taste was not to my liking,however wifey & my friends liked it . Portion was sufficient for 4 adults. Was already feeling very full and effect of soda water skipped the deserts completely and we were the last to walkout at 12.15am ,wanted to try naturals icecream mentioned by waseem bhai ,could not locate the place . anyways there is always a next time .

Last edited by rm_arjuna : 5th October 2010 at 13:53.
Old 5th October 2010, 14:07   #2475
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Was already feeling very full and effect of soda water skipped the deserts completely and we were the last to walkout at 12.15am ,wanted to try naturals icecream mentioned by waseem bhai ,could not locate the place . anyways there is always a next time .
Naturals is located on the main road, next to Begumpet Traffic police station and Saberi's opticals.

Most Viewed