Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2010, 16:06   #2686
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Mohini serves one the best ZAFRAN biriyani and hence the saffron smell.Next time,dont miss the delicious kulfi laced with saffron at Mohini.
I tried it several times in the past and i know its superb

Quote:
BTW-what is the name and location of this Kathi roll joint.?
Baba Chulha ! near to Somajiguda Crossroads, posted the address of this joint a few posts earlier. Amazing rolls, MUST try. one roll is good for your lunch/dinner
Old 2nd December 2010, 14:11   #2687
Distinguished - BHPian

Info of a different but edible kind

In my quest to lead a healthy life, last week, I subsribed to a new service from "Frutwala"

They deliver fresh fruits at home and their quality is unbeilevablely good

Plan 1 : Rs.599
Plan 2 : 1199

Plan 1 : They deliver fruits on alternate days. (i.e) Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday etc.

Plan 2 : Fruits are delivered at your doorstep everyday

They have a "pre-decided" fruit for each day and we will receive only that fruit of the day even if your on an alternate day plan.

Example :-

Sunday : Watermelon ( 1 Kg)
Monday : Apple ( 3 No's)
Tuesday : Papaya ( 1 Kg)
Wednesday : Pomegrante ( 3 No's)

So and so forth.....

I think its an excellent concept and expect me to shed all my good vices and become healthy in a few days
Old 2nd December 2010, 14:57   #2688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Info of a different but edible kind

In my quest to lead a healthy life, last week, I subsribed to a new service from "Frutwala"
Looks interesting concept. Can you share contact details of the service provider ?

Last edited by mobike008 : 2nd December 2010 at 15:45. Reason: Try to avoid quoting FULL/LARGE posts
Old 2nd December 2010, 15:33   #2689
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think its an excellent concept and expect me to shed all my good vices and become healthy in a few days
I have also become health conscious and have started on the ATKINS Diet from yesterday. The first 2 weeks of the diet which is known as the Induction Phase and can help you lose upto 15-20 lbs. All you have to do to keep Carb intake within 20 Carb Gms per day and no dextrose. No wheat and rice but one can have unlimited portions of certain vegetable and all kinds of meat.

I had done this diet once in 2007 and had lost about 10 Kgs while eating a lot of meat and cheese

You can start the GM Diet with your Frutwala service.

Cheers
Old 2nd December 2010, 15:49   #2690
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
Looks interesting concept. Can you share contact details of the service provider ?
Sure. I have the pamphlets at home, will share today or tomorrow. Not sure they deliver at every location in Hyderabad.

They did mention Banjara Hills, Jubilee Hills etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
You can start the GM Diet with your Frutwala service.Cheers
When i meant healthy i did not mean on a diet. Come on, why are you taking away a passionate guy from his most favorite thing
Old 2nd December 2010, 16:38   #2691
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Baba Chulha ! near to Somajiguda Crossroads, posted the address of this joint a few posts earlier. Amazing rolls, MUST try. one roll is good for your lunch/dinner
Myself, MC+1 and Ravvs has been there a fortnight back.It was quite filling.

Quote:
Sure. I have the pamphlets at home, will share today or tomorrow. Not sure they deliver at every location in Hyderabad.
Please share the details with me as well.Would like to subscribe right away.
Old 2nd December 2010, 16:51   #2692
Distinguished - BHPian

In a blatant contradiction to my previous healthy posts, visited last night Green Park for their midnight buffet along with a few friends.

Their spread was :

Paya (Excellent)
Bread crumbs
Haleem ( Excellent but very spicy)
Chicken Gravy ( Excellent)
Chicken Biryani
Mutton Biryani ( Excellent is a mild word)
Double Ka Meetha with Jelly and ButterScotch Icecream. ( Again excellent)

Not to mention hot egg/plain parothas that they were serving on table which was delicious

After a long time been to Green Park and thoroughly enjoyed their meal. Price is 331/head (A/I)
Old 2nd December 2010, 17:13   #2693
BHPian

Had gone to the The Teppanyaki Food Fest at Syn Asian Grill & Bar in the Taj Deccan. Taste was quite nice and I liked the concept. Pick your meats, veggies choose your sauces, hand them over to the chef and he will cook it with your choice of noodles or rice.

The festival was on for the whole of November where you can pick the veggies, but the rest of the year, the chef will pick the veggies for you and you just select the meat.

The prices were not too expensive as I had imagined. Teppanyaki Chicken was 350 and seafood was 550 +taxes. It does get expensive if you go for more exotic meats or seafood. At first glance, when the server brought the food, I thought it was too less, and the server actually encouraged us to have one more round (since it was not very expensive). But after I finished, I was full.

All in all, wifey and me loved the experience and the taste.
Old 2nd December 2010, 17:36   #2694
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilguy View Post
Had gone to the The Teppanyaki Food Fest at Syn Asian Grill & Bar in the Taj Deccan. Taste was quite nice and I liked the concept. Pick your meats, veggies choose your sauces, hand them over to the chef and he will cook it with your choice of noodles or rice.

The festival was on for the whole of November where you can pick the veggies, but the rest of the year, the chef will pick the veggies for you and you just select the meat.

The prices were not too expensive as I had imagined. Teppanyaki Chicken was 350 and seafood was 550 +taxes. It does get expensive if you go for more exotic meats or seafood. At first glance, when the server brought the food, I thought it was too less, and the server actually encouraged us to have one more round (since it was not very expensive). But after I finished, I was full.

All in all, wifey and me loved the experience and the taste.
Something similar to this exists in Blore in the mall in which SPAR exists in Koramangala,and its a hillarious act there,you would end up seeing people pushing the veggies/meat down into the bowl their spoon so that they can fill in maximum,its hillarious there.You would see them pushing it down with all their might!!!
Old 2nd December 2010, 18:00   #2695
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilguy View Post
Pick your meats, veggies choose your sauces, hand them over to the chef and he will cook it with your choice of noodles or rice.
Well, the first time i experienced this style of dining was with Mangolian cuisine in Chicago some years ago.

Pick meats, veggies from glass counters

Add the salt, pepper, sauces and other garnishing items

Hand it over to the chef who sits in middle of a huge frying pan who asks a simple question " How do you want it? Bloody, Rare or Well Done"

The answer is abvious.

Only thing that was gratifying was that at the end of that meal you feel like you went to a restuarant and cooked yourself a meal.
Old 2nd December 2010, 21:40   #2696
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Please share the details with me as well.Would like to subscribe right away.
Here you go :-

www.frootwala.com

040-64612829
Old 6th December 2010, 10:08   #2697
BHPian

Quote:
Here you go :-

www.frootwala.com

040-64612829
I called them up and came to know that the service is still limited to Dilsukh nagar, LB nagar and vicinity.
They might extend service towards 'new hyderabad' after about a month or so. Hopefully we will have more feedback by then.

Last edited by LonelyPlanet : 6th December 2010 at 10:09.
Old 6th December 2010, 12:12   #2698
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Pick meats, veggies from glass counters

Add the salt, pepper, sauces and other garnishing items

Hand it over to the chef who sits in middle of a huge frying pan
The Westin buffet has something similar, only you needn't pick up the stuff yourself.

By the way, I'd like to see a picture of this chef who sits in the middle of a frying pan!

Regards,
spadix
Old 6th December 2010, 13:26   #2699
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I called them up and came to know that the service is still limited to Dilsukh nagar, LB nagar and vicinity.
They might extend service towards 'new hyderabad' after about a month or so. Hopefully we will have more feedback by then.
Tough Luck. He is delivering in Himayathnagar and mentioned Banjara and Jubilee Hills too. My feedback after using their service for one week :-

We received Pomegranate, Apples, Pears and Oranges

Was totally shell shocked at their quality. Huge sized, High quality and really juicy. I never had such quality fruits in my life.

I am totally loving it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
By the way, I'd like to see a picture of this chef who sits in the middle of a frying pan!
This may sound ridiculous but IIRC, he was indeed sitting either in middle or maybe on other side of the pan which was really really big
Old 6th December 2010, 15:57   #2700
Distinguished - BHPian

We decided to pay "SHOLAY" a visit for our dinner

Ordered the following :

Mocktails- 2 No's : Rs.500
Amritsari Fish : Rs.225
Stuffed Kulcha's- 2 No's : Rs.100
Chicken Biryani : Rs.175

There was a private party going on with buffet counter et.all. Looks like after our word of mouth this restuarant is getting good business

Amritsari Fish was excellent and tried it for first time. However, only 6 small pieces make it less of a VFM

Our favorite waiter specifically mentioned not to take Meat Biryani and suggested to go for Chicken which was delicious

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks