Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2011, 16:39   #2866
BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
This is a special Team BHP discount. All you need to do is say you are from TBHP.
Oh, I missed the discount when I dined there with family last week.

BTW I gave a formal complaint to the manager about the serving staff. Their open jackets were dipping and touching the plate and food vessels on the dining table when they were serving the guests. Hope they button up now and learn not to serve by reaching over a guests plate to serve another!

The food and ambience, as already pointed out, was truly marvelous.
Old 9th February 2011, 17:05   #2867
Senior - BHPian

Hydeez.

These two restaurants
Lotus Palace (10% discount) & Flavours of China (15% discount) are offering the said discounts on Ala-Carte.

http://www.upto75.com/Food_n_I_-_Lot...ale_Offer.html

http://www.upto75.com/Food_n_I_-_Fla...ale_Offer.html

Disclaimer-I am no way connected to the promoters of these restaurants and the website on which they are hosted on.

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 9th February 2011 at 17:32. Reason: Edit
Old 11th February 2011, 15:35   #2868
Senior - BHPian

I had my lunch today at HALDIS.(Buffet)

If you all are wondering where this joint is,it is located on Road no.1Banjara Hills,Just before Bikanerwala.

The buffet had

1,Chicken Malai Kebab-Yummy, just melts in your mouth.
2,Egg Curry-Below Average.
3,Andhra Chicken Curry-This was the star dish,great taste and super spicy.
4,Tandoori roti-Soft ones.
5, Chicken Biriyani-This was also good,above average

Total Damages-Rs 184 with taxes.

Total vfm restaurant.

Btw-The restaurant was packed to the brim and lot of customers were waiting for their tables.

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 11th February 2011 at 15:36.
Old 11th February 2011, 16:15   #2869
BHPian

Waseem Bhai, is the offer same on Weekends too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by unoczar View Post
Mere bhai, I've seen that place quite a few times, but could not manage the courage to go in.
Heard a lot about Haldi's, now read it from Waseem, so it's a must visit now. Thanks Waseem Bhai for your inputs.
Old 11th February 2011, 16:19   #2870
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Waseem Bhai, is the offer same on Weekends too?
I am not sure sir,will check and get back to you.

BTW-The veg buffet is priced at Rs 108+taxes.
Old 11th February 2011, 16:25   #2871
BHPian

Thanks Waseem Bhai, shall wait for your inputs.

My Self Induced Period of Self Abstinence from Worldly Pleasures come to an end today and from tomorrow, the beast is about to unleash it's fury. It's been a month, since I have been off my staple diet "Prawns". It's time to unleash my fury & what better place than Lunch/Dinner either at Wonton, Gachibowli or Grand Wok, Banjara Hills. VFM, Grand Wok always. Poora Paisa Wasoool Experience at Grand Wok.

* This Self Induced Period of Self Abstinence from Worldly Pleasures was the main reason, why I was away from many meets and dinners and etc.
Old 11th February 2011, 16:40   #2872
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Thanks Waseem Bhai, shall wait for your inputs.

* This Self Induced Period of Self Abstinence from Worldly Pleasures was the main reason, why I was away from many meets and dinners and etc.
Any time sir.

Its good to know that you are back from Hibernation.

I am sure you must be quite excited to meet all of us in the next T-bhp meet, so let the proposal for the next meet come from you.

What say Hydeez.?
Old 12th February 2011, 09:49   #2873

Hydeez, this is called mouthwatering, delicious, sumptuous discussions by some of the greatest foodies. I think Hydeez are way ahead of earstwhile Punjabis in terms of Khana-Peena. Would like to know the map location of Papaji-Da-Dhaba and Sholay.
Old 12th February 2011, 11:34   #2874
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhatman View Post
Hydeez, this is called mouthwatering, delicious, sumptuous discussions by some of the greatest foodies. I think Hydeez are way ahead of earstwhile Punjabis in terms of Khana-Peena. Would like to know the map location of Papaji-Da-Dhaba and Sholay.
You asked directions of my two most favorite restuarants in Hyderabad.

Sholay Directions :-

It's in a lane exactly opposite to Shopper's Stop in Begumpet. That area is known as Chikoti Gardens ( one of my favorite areas for residence)

Do not forget to mention before placing an order that your a Team-BHPian. You are entitled to a 20% discount.

Dishes to Order :-

Bathinde Kukkad ( Chicken Gravy)
Apollo Fish
NV Platter
Biryani

Papaji-ka-Dhaba Directions :-

Once you reach Abids Big Bazaar, Keep going straight for 20 meters and take the left lane ( Jaya International Hotel Lane) and keeping going for 100 meters and you will find Papaji on your left side.

Dishes to order :-

Butter Chicken
Ginger Chicken ( very unique)
Chicken Tikka Masala
Biryani ( Not exactly Hydeez style. But, i adore this version)

Hope that helps....
Old 13th February 2011, 11:40   #2875
Distinguished - BHPian

Saturday was blissfully spent in lot of shopping and then went to "SHOLAY" for lunch.

The waiter that I know well was giving me a knowing smile and kept smiling at me. I wonder why. I think will ask Milecruncher for an answer

We ordered :-

Apollo Fish
Bathinde De Kukkad
Rotis
Chicken Biryani

Apollo Fish was truly outstanding

Bathinde De Kukkad was served in regular style. They redeemed themselves.

Chicken Biryani was the best ever. Was so full had to take-away most of it.

Sholay continues to dazzle!

Last edited by mobike008 : 13th February 2011 at 11:41.
Old 14th February 2011, 14:50   #2876
Senior - BHPian

Flame & Grill at Begumpet,place is in the same building as Mainland China & Sigree and Kibbeh.

To start off with,its a small restaurant in terms of place,tastefully done.Service is prompt and warm.But sadly thats where it ends.The dishes are a gastronomical disaster.All the grills tasted the same,the buffet spread is passable,very unimpressive.Compare this place to BBq Nation and one would know why BBQ Nation has opened up one more floor,whereas this place is struggling to get a half-full house even on a weekend.The adult buffet per person is priced at INR 425 plus taxes plus service charge.Kids are priced at INR 275 plus taxes plus SC.

BBQ Nation has now reached a price of INR 655 per person inclusive of taxes which is quite atrocious IMHO.

OT:The Mainland China lunch buffets are outstanding though.
Old 14th February 2011, 15:27   #2877
Distinguished - BHPian

@Ranjit, Flame and Grille doesnt sound too exciting especially when pricing of BBQ Nation is so close.

Btw, BBQ Nation is slowly but steadily increasing their pricing. Darn! But, their quality and consistency is un-matched.

Last evening went to dinner to " Colors N Flavours" in Madhapur which is opposite to Nectar Garden or on the famous road for a few members here which is DC road. It's a small place but, very good ambience and with only one other table occupied.

We ordered the following

Apollo Fish ( Last week was AF week...4 times in a single week) : Rs.210

Excellent. Well Marinated, Spicy and Huge Quantity but, not to beat Sholay quality.

Italian Pasta Salad : Rs.105

Very good. Fresh ingredients and again large quantity.

Meat Biryani : Rs.160

Good Taste but, overall average like many restuarants around. Nothing to write home about.

Soft Drinks ( 2 No's) : Rs.70

Damages : Rs. 624-Rs.270 ( Snapdeal Voucher) : Rs.354

Sadly, the location of these places is primary reason for them not doing well since the food was well above average.

"Two" more visits planned in near future

Last edited by mobike008 : 14th February 2011 at 15:28.
Old 15th February 2011, 11:28   #2878
Senior - BHPian

Daspalla, Jubilee Hills Road No. 37

Yesterday evening we had dinner at Daspalla. My cousin, originally from Vizag and now studying abroad, has come down for vacation so we thought we'll take him to Daspalla (a famous landmark in Vizag) .

I had heard mixed reviews of this place but the food more than lived up to our expectations. The service was a bit slow, though. We had a 10:15 pm movie to catch at INOX and we could only leave here at around 9:50 pm. Thanks to BQ we reached well in time.

There are two restaurants. The one on the first floor (Coffee Place, if I remember correctly) is only South Indian, and the one on the second floor (Circle Restobar) is anything but South Indian. Given that everyone in the group was a Southie, we obviously went to Circle. You also get liquour at Circle, although that was not of interest to any of us on the day.

I don't know if the fare interests anyone here given that we're vegetarians, but for what it's worth -
  1. Cream of tomato soup - rusk pieces seemed to be fried in some pretty ordinary-tasting oil but the gravy was good
  2. Sweet corn veg. soup - didn't taste this but heard it was very good
  3. Tandoori starter platter - Above average, seemed a little stale to some of us but not me
  4. Veg. momos - Above average. I didn't like them as much as my wife or cousin did.
  5. Noodles - Very very good. Highly recommended. Not at all oily etc.
  6. Veg. pulao - Above average. Can be skipped in my opinion.
  7. Veg. biryani - This was very good. Although the vegetable wasn't mixed uniformly with the rice (seems to be the style these days) it was well-cooked and soft. Mirchi ka salaan was good too, but it doesn't set your palate on fire. People who don't like a lot of chillies/mirchi will love it.
  8. Veg. fried rice - Again, very well made. I generally have this with some yellow dal and the combo was yummy.
  9. Methi chaman - Our formula in family outings these days: When in doubt (or in extreme time pressure or when confronted with too many choices on the menu card), order this and be happy! A bit too paneer-heavy for our tastes but was very good nonetheless.

I don't know the bill amount as my Dad and cousin started fighting over it as soon as it arrived. We were also anyway running out of time to catch the movie so Dad paid it.

Regards,
spadix
Old 15th February 2011, 15:34   #2879

The cuisine at Flame & Grill is just average with no delicacy, I can't agree more with Ranjit. A few months ago while having dinner at Flame & Grill, there was a sudden downpour of rain with nothing to take cover with as the place is open to sky on the top floor restaurant. And now they have a put a very shabby looking overcast steel cover which makes a diner feel claustrophobic.
Old 15th February 2011, 17:06   #2880
Senior - BHPian

Thinking of having my Valentine's Day Dinner with wifey today . Please suggest a new place and not these regular joints.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks