Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2011, 17:29   #2941
Distinguished - BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
BTW, looks like Grand Wok is calling me big time these days. Have to pay them a visit to devore their Prawns.
Prawns are served only in their highest package and sometimes they run out of it. Call before landing up there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Since am a big fan of Mallu Food especially Beef Chilli and Kerala Parotta apart from being kinda resident expert on Utupura , I'll head out to the new place in Madhapur to do a quick comparo this evening.
I reckon need to try this Kerala cuisine. Went many times to Utupura and just when we are about to enter, we toss a coin ( head for Utupura and Tails for Sholay) and each time its tails. Need to check if my wifey uses a two sided tail coin

Jokes apart, I never mustered courage to eat kerala grub and always fall prey to NI stuff.

Will wait for BONG report to decide next course of action
Old 2nd March 2011, 17:50   #2942
BHPian

Bhai Log, what's the latest pricing of Weekday Dinner at BBQ Nation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Prawns are served only in their highest package and sometimes they run out of it. Call before landing up there.
Mostly I hit Grand Wok for Lunch, hence I doubt if they would be running out of Prawns. I really fear, if they would run out of prawns for others, after I hit Grand Wok for Lunch.
Old 2nd March 2011, 23:38   #2943
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Will wait for BONG report to decide next course of action
I guess you'll have to wait a little longer.

By the time I got out of Latitudes was totally exhausted and wanted pure meat and nothing else. Picked up wifey and the choice was between Harry's Diner or Utupura. Since we haven't been to Harry's Diner yet decided to give it a try.

We ordered
  1. Frey's (or some such) Cobb Salad - It contained eggs, sausages, chicken, onion, lettuce and low fat mayonnaise - Rs.165/-
  2. Mexicana Pizza - Spicy chicken with fresh vegetables with generous helping of mozzarella on a thin Italian crust. ~ Rs. 300 for medium.
  3. Water

The bill was 479 but with 25% TBHP discount and with inclusion of 4% VAT and 10% Service Charge, we paid Rs420 including tips.

Wifey asked one of the waiters what song compilation was playing and Harish personally came down from the open kitchen with the CD cover and then played our requests from that CD. I liked his personal attention towards guests.

I also learnt that even though the entire menu is chicken but lamb, beef and pork can also be had there on special orders. They also do Free Home Delivery within 5 Kms radius.

Bye Bye Pizza Hut and Domino's. I'll only have Pizza's from here now onwards.

Overall: 4/5 Definitely going there again.

OT: Me and wifey were discussing about few of the eateries that have been started by Owner Chef's like HD and Chef Inam's Steak House. Both of these make great food and are pretty reasonable also. I think we should help them by giving them our business once in a while. If these guys succeed, we will surely have more people trying to open exotic/fusion cuisine that don't burn a hole in the pocket.
Old 3rd March 2011, 12:36   #2944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
I drove by twice, was unable to locate it. I hope I made a mistake rather than the place being shutdown.
Kairali in Gachibowli? I went there last month. But the sign is not very prominent and so you may have missed it.

When I went there I saw a sign saying they were going to open a branch in Kondapur.
Old 3rd March 2011, 15:14   #2945
Distinguished - BHPian

Me and couple of friends had the pleasure of watching on a 100" screen the IRA beating some MI6 audaciousness at "Sholay" and we all were rooting for Ireland like a bunch of teenagers. It was a splendid match.

Something that never happened, happened for first time in Sholay

Apollo Fish ( Rs.225)

It was brought hot on table but, when we munched, it was so heavily coated there was no way we could feel that it was coated over a fish. It bad.

I called our regulars and casually mentioned we will stop coming if this ever repeats. He promptly took it back and promised not to repeat

We punished them by almost eating 40% of it by the time they took the dish back

The revised one was the original of Sholay and just delectable.

Here on, the fun started :-

Pepper Chicken Kebab (Rs. 175)---Served on Sizzler

Spicy, coated/blackened with pepper and very tasty too if your a pepper fan like me.

Fish Tikka (Rs. 250)---Served on Sizzler

Juicy,tender, delicious,screaming out it's flavour and grabbing your attention with its flawless taste. Trust me, one of the best fish tikkas ever had. Simply outstanding

Bathinde De Kukkad ( Rs.200) with Rotis

My friend wanted to eat this super spicy and oh boy, oh boy! I had to keep my face in front of the airconditioner at home to cool myself down. Same great flavour but damn spicy. I liked it

Cassata Ice-cream ( Rs.225)--3 No's

It was good. Nothing special!

Total Damages ( Along with other accompaniments) :Rs.1,900

Though i am not a huge cricket fan but, it was fun to see England go "Brien" Dead
Old 3rd March 2011, 21:45   #2946
BHPian

HI

Would sincerely recommend Mughal Restaurant (Khairtabad, Sensation theatre lane).

Improved quality of the food since the opening, and couple of things have caught my attention..

Osmania biscuits, huge in size, and very tasty (Rs.2 each)

Mutton Masala (Rs. 120) Absolutely delicious! I'm still licking fingers. The biryani is good in taste, but can improve still.

I think you guys should go and have a look, if you like it, i'll arrange for some discounts for further visits.
Old 4th March 2011, 10:23   #2947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Since we haven't been to Harry's Diner yet decided to give it a try.
Bye Bye Pizza Hut and Domino's. I'll only have Pizza's from here now onwards.
OT: Me and wifey were discussing about few of the eateries that have been started by Owner Chef's like HD and Chef Inam's Steak House. Both of these make great food and are pretty reasonable also. I think we should help them by giving them our business once in a while. If these guys succeed, we will surely have more people trying to open exotic/fusion cuisine that don't burn a hole in the pocket.
+1, Ani. The amount of meat that he tops on to the pizza is amazing. We could not finish a medium one between three of us and when Harish saw us struggling, he rushed to our table and offered to pack the rest.

My son has already made it very clear that he wishes to celebrate his birthday (a few weeks later) only at Harry's Diner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unoczar View Post
Would sincerely recommend Mughal Restaurant (Khairtabad, Sensation theatre lane).
I think you guys should go and have a look, if you like it, i'll arrange for some discounts for further visits.
What is the discount and how much is it worth? What is the "magic word" to avail the discount? Let me know so that a visit can be planned.
Old 4th March 2011, 11:29   #2948
Senior - BHPian

Where is Chef Inam's Steak House?
Old 4th March 2011, 11:31   #2949
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Its right next to Hotel Golkonda at Masab Tank. It will fall before Golkonda if your coming from Mehdipatnam.

Beware, it looks shady from outside and may not be appropriate to go with family.
Old 4th March 2011, 11:32   #2950
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Between Paradise Hotel (Masab Tank) and Hotel Golconda.

http://www.hindu.com/mp/2010/05/17/s...1750890400.htm

EDIT: Just saw Mobike's post. This is a thread, every Hyderabadi follows very closely.

Last edited by bblost : 4th March 2011 at 11:35.
Old 4th March 2011, 11:44   #2951
Senior - BHPian

I had been to Drive In dhaba, Sharmirpet for dinner last evening.(Silverwood+5) and ordered.

Chicken 65-2No's
Chicken Roast-
Butter Chicken-
Chicken Mughlai-
Daal fry-
Tandoori Roti-12No's
Egg fried rice-2No's.

The snacks were very crispy and yummy.
The gravy dishes had excess oil and both seem to have the same gravy base, nevertheless very tasty.Daal fry was spicy to fire up your taste buds.
Egg Fried rice was very yummy too.

Thanks Avi for the help.

Total Damages-Rs 1050 with tips.
Old 4th March 2011, 11:48   #2952
Distinguished - BHPian

Note from Team-BHP Support : Hereon it's requested to all members not to mention any posts of discounts availed citing Team-BHP as a reference as we advocate a strong anti-commercial stance.

And, even if such posts are not exactly of that nature, it will only deteriorate this stance.
Old 4th March 2011, 12:25   #2953
BHPian

Quote:
Its right next to Hotel Golkonda at Masab Tank. It will fall before Golkonda if your coming from Mehdipatnam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Between Paradise Hotel (Masab Tank) and Hotel Golconda.
I beg to differ on this, it's not between Paradise Hotel and Hotel Golconda, nor does it fall before Golconda if you are coming from Mehdipatnam. It's beside Imipala Hotel, which is after we cross Hotel Golconda. You need to cross Hotel Golconda and you would come across a cafe on the left, just beside it is " Chef Inam's Steak House". It's a Blink and Miss place, so be carefull. Once you cross Hotel Golconda, keep an eye on your left.

OT: I wanted to go there, but the serving of Beef was a turn off for me. I am still to speak to the owner, if he makes it on a seperate grill or its the same grill. Is anyone aware if he uses the same grill or a seperate grill?

Quote:
Beware, it looks shady from outside and may not be appropriate to go with family.
Avi Bhai, i've seen a number of firnangi's dining there. I did not venture inside, but just saw it from outside. I do agree, it might not be an appropriate place to go with family as the space if very very limited and hardly a couple of tables there for Dine-In.
Old 4th March 2011, 14:32   #2954
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

It doesn't look shady at all and you'll find lot of young people (both guys and girls) eating there. The only constraint is the space!

Portions are also quite good.

@Nikhil: Its the same grill!

Last edited by MileCruncher : 4th March 2011 at 14:38.
Old 4th March 2011, 14:40   #2955
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher;2266199[B
]It doesn't look shady at all [/b]and you'll find lot of young people (both guys and girls) eating there. The only constraint is the space!

Portions are also quite good.
Depends on the time and the crowd present.
Since the space is limited, sometimes people stand outside on the road. The people waiting can include a bunch of noisy youngsters giving the place a slightly rowdy look.

Not that they intend to do anything or mean any ill will.

Most Viewed