Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2011, 11:09   #3196
BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
@Nikhil Bhai-Are we on for tomorrow's Lunch.?
I am 100% in for tomorrow's lunch. Shall meet you at the Entrance Gate of the Venue at 12.30. I think this was the time we decided right. BTW, Bajaj Saab, are you in too.

OT: Do they also give it as Take-Away?
Old 20th May 2011, 12:00   #3197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
I am 100% in for tomorrow's lunch. Shall meet you at the Entrance Gate of the Venue at 12.30. I think this was the time we decided right. BTW, Bajaj Saab, are you in too.

OT: Do they also give it as Take-Away?
OT.

Yes, you can get it packed.

See you tomorrow at the entrance of the hospital at 12.30.
Old 20th May 2011, 13:01   #3198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
OT.

Yes, you can get it packed.

See you tomorrow at the entrance of the hospital at 12.30.
Kya toh bhi hai!

Logaan hospital jaa rahe khana khane :P ( People going to hospital to eat food )
Old 20th May 2011, 14:02   #3199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Kya toh bhi hai!
Logaan hospital jaa rahe khana khane :P ( People going to hospital to eat food )
Extending a warm welcome to Ani to join us for amazing Chicken Biryani for lunch at Hospital. Come On Dude, lets go and have amazing biryani at hospital tomorrow.

Last edited by traveloholic : 20th May 2011 at 14:23. Reason: Fearing the looming Infraction, have removed the words typed in Hindi
Old 20th May 2011, 14:17   #3200
Distinguished - BHPian

Crazy. However good it maybe. I will never ever go to a hospital to eat lunch or for that matter biryani. The hospital odour can knock back a stallion.

MOD Note: Guys, please refrain from typing in hindi. It will not be repeated again and will definetly attract infraction.
Old 20th May 2011, 14:34   #3201
Senior - BHPian

Flavours of China (Food 'n' I)

Today 5 of us from office went out for lunch to celebrate my completion of one year at MS. We decided to go to the Chinese restaurant of FnI, something we've never been to before.

I must say, the food was excellent and the main course especially was even better than what they serve in their Indian arm (Lotus Palace) which both Avi and I have reviewed earlier. For starters I would rate Lotus Palace higher though Flavours of China wasn't bad. The soups here were excellent as well.

Dishes ordered -
  1. Veg. Tom Yum soup - Was very good, thoroughly enjoyed it "out of the box" without needing to add any salt/pepper/vinegar etc.
  2. Spicy chicken meatball soup (or something similar) - My non-vegetarian colleagues ordered this and were full of praise for it.
  3. Konji Crispy Fried Mushroom (starter) - Very well done. Crisp outside while retaining the spoginess of the mushroom inside. I think this is a good achievement.
  4. Taiwanese chilli baby corn (starter) - Was decent. Not out of the world but not bad either. You won't miss it if you don't order it.
  5. Non-vegetarian starter (chicken-based) - No idea about this one. Didn't pay attention to what colleagues were saying about it.
  6. Bamboo rice (veg.) with extra mushrooms - Very well-made, with the enticing flavour of bamboo not overshadowing the core taste of the fried rice. This disappeared in a trice.
  7. Spicy woodear with burnt garlic (rice) - Another variety of fried rice with the wood and garlic (not overpowering) flavour. Lovely.
  8. Spinach and corn vegetable in gray - Consistent gravy with liberal doses of spinach and corn (as the name suggests). Best eaten hot. As the dish cooled down, the gravy starts to congeal and while it still tastes good, it's not as good as when it's hot.
  9. Chicken wine rice <something> - Colleagues liked this. Initially it looked like it would be extremely hot/spicy but apparently that wasn't the case and it went well with the two rice items.
  10. Kimchi salad (complimentary) - A very small helping was given. I felt it was OK. The others liked it a lot.

The dishes were all in the 140 to 220 price range and the quantity served was sufficient for the five of us leaving us feeling just a little bit heavy.

The MSFT discount (10%) of course applied. I'll find out exactly how much it came to, but I guess it was around 2200 (didn't look at the bill when it arrived).

Regards,
spadix
Old 20th May 2011, 14:59   #3202
Distinguished - BHPian

Prashant, that's what I call "Timing".

Yesterday, bought couple of vouchers from Snapdeal for Flavours of China which give straight 50% off. Will try out some of these dishes you reviewed.

Order Rs.600 worth of ala-carte and pay only 299. Valid till June 19
Old 20th May 2011, 15:13   #3203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
People going to hospital to eat food
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Extending a warm welcome to Ani to join us for amazing Chicken Biryani for lunch at Hospital.
Ani bhai,you and Sabby and most welcome to Join us for tomorrow's lunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
The hospital odour can knock back a stallion
13 years in to this profession,probably my olfactory cells have made truce with the hospital odour.

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 20th May 2011 at 15:14.
Old 21st May 2011, 03:42   #3204

Hi Guys,
First time poster here. Am a fellow car nut and a foodie. A pretty deadly combination since this means I find any reason to drive halfway across the country to eat some awesome food.

I live in Dubai currently, but tend to travel back to the mother land every few months.

I happened on this thread while trying to find some new places to eat out in Hyderabad (and not the same old stuff my relatives keep taking me to).

Well, I am on my way to Hyderabad right now for some weddings and a couple of days rest. Will be staying in the Jubilee Hills area at a family member's place.

Anyway, the reason for my post: To get some suggestions as to the best street food in Hyderabad. I enjoy good food, be it fine dining to rustic village food. But right now I am on a street food kick.

Last time I was in Hyderabad (this march), I ended up finding a few places that I really ended up enjoying...

1) Central Soda (2 minutes walk from Chutney's towards Panchagutta side): This seems to be a small independent soft drink company. Has a small shop serving fountain sodas for 5 rupees a cup (about 150ml). They have all the normal flavours as well as Masala Coke, Jeera Soda, Pineapple Soda, Rose Soda etc. I did try to Masala Soda and found it was great - basically coke with a mix of chat masala and other masalas in it. Made a welcome change from the Coke Pepsi rubbish.

2) Bake Inn (I think this is the name - could be a slight variation Baker's/Walk/Bakery Inn - my memory fails me). It is about 2 minutes alk from Central Soda in Panchagutta and on the corner. Tried the Chicken Puff, Mutton Puff and Chicken Hot Dog. The Chicken Hot Dog was nothing but a thick Tawa type chicken dish in a hot dog bun. But it was very very tasty, a delicate balance of spice mingling with the semi sweet bread. But the icing on the cake was the mutton puff. It looked like a pizza slice with mutton keema spread between two layers of puff pastry. It was greasy, spicy, moist and crunchy - all at the same time. Highly recommended.

3) Kebab place on Tank Bund (don't know the name): I remember going to the kebab carts as a kid. So I got into an auto and told the guy to take me to any kebab place on the tank bund road. He dropped me off at this semi open air restaurant/dhabba (can't remember the name but it was next to a cemetary, mosque and there was a temple a few minutes down the road). Ordered the Seekh Kebabs there. And the memories came flooding back. The kebabs were about as thick as my middle finger and about as long. This meant that the meat was cooked right through very quickly. It was served with some ridiculously soft parathas and a complete plate of green chutney. The kebabs were truly amazing. Soft, juicy, with a slightly crispy outer layer. They were spicy without the heat being overbearing. My mouth waters just thinking about it.

Anyway, those are a few of my finds.

So what about you guys? What are your favourite street food places in Hyderabad?
Old 23rd May 2011, 10:33   #3205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetaxi165 View Post

3) He dropped me off at this semi open air restaurant/dhabba (can't remember the name but it was next to a cemetary, mosque and there was a temple a few minutes down the road).
Probably, this was Bade Miyan.

Last evening i (SILVERWOOD+1) had been Chef Inam's Steak House @ Masab Tank for Dinner and ordered one Chicken and one mutton steak.

Awesome steaks i must say.Small place, but the food is tantalizing.

Total Damages-Rs 450
Old 23rd May 2011, 14:08   #3206
Senior - BHPian

Update.

A new branch of "Chef Inam's Steak House" will be opening soon at Road No.3.(in the lane next to Q-mart) which is within walking distance from my office.
Old 26th May 2011, 12:25   #3207
Distinguished - BHPian

Takeaway from Papaji Ka Dhaba

Tandoori Mutton
Chilly Fish
Butter Chicken Boneless.

All of these were excellent and had the trademark "never changing" taste to it. Imagine, a sardarji joint serving excellent fish. I am impressed.
Old 26th May 2011, 16:48   #3208
BHPian

Hi Tbhpians,

Have to arrange for function at home next week, need to know some good banquet hotels in Hyderabad / Catering service providers. Need some hyderabadi's help here. We are looking for hotels that serve non-vegeterian items and spicy too. Need some good suggestions thanks guys.

OT: Mod's hope this is the right place to post.

Regards,
Krishna
Old 26th May 2011, 16:53   #3209
Senior - BHPian

Minerva Coffee House at Somajiguda has a good banquet hall called Bibesia,though I am not sure if they serve non-veg,as the restaurant is a veg only place.
Golkonda at Masab Tank is also a good place and serves NV.
Moksh on Necklace Road is another option.
Old 26th May 2011, 16:59   #3210
Distinguished - BHPian

MCH at somajiguda is pure veggitarian. For that matter all Minerva's are veggie places.

Also, I dont recommend neither Golconda nor Moksh. Golconda being terribly expensive after all its a 4* property and Moksh is an inconsistent place.

@Krishna, There has been a similar request for banquet by some other member on this thread some months ago. Please search and read through responses and iam sure that will help you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks