Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2011, 17:54   #3241
Senior - BHPian

Re: Utupura - Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightdrive View Post
You mean Rainbow Hospital?
Yes, its Rainbow hospital on road no. 10.
Old 1st June 2011, 18:05   #3242
BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Thanks. But as it is not very close to my office, is there any other place close to Madhapur, than can accomodate around 12 guys for buffet lunch?
Try the buffet lunch at Daspalla. It has 2 restaurants. Heard that the one that is on first floor and is a coffee shop and specializes in Andhra cuisine and is horrible. We went to the other one(on the 2nd floor) which had a buffet. It was decent, at least worth a try. Some things were good some were not. Priced approx. around 300(+- 20) including taxes. What I didnot like was that there was only one non veg starter. But the veg starters were good. I liked the Mutton(Rajsthani Laal Maas) and Andhra Prepration of Chicken in the main course. Dessert section had a variety that compensated for the starters. I like desi sweets and there were a lot of them specially bengali sweets.
Unlike Food N I if given a chance I would visit the place again. There was no rush either.

Last edited by huntrz : 1st June 2011 at 18:10.
Old 1st June 2011, 18:56   #3243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntrz View Post
Try the buffet lunch at Daspalla. It has 2 restaurants. Heard that the one that is on first floor and is a coffee shop and specializes in Andhra cuisine and is horrible. We went to the other one(on the 2nd floor) which had a buffet. It was decent, at least worth a try. Some things were good some were not. Priced approx. around 300(+- 20) including taxes. What I didnot like was that there was only one non veg starter. But the veg starters were good. I liked the Mutton(Rajsthani Laal Maas) and Andhra Prepration of Chicken in the main course. Dessert section had a variety that compensated for the starters. I like desi sweets and there were a lot of them specially bengali sweets.
Unlike Food N I if given a chance I would visit the place again. There was no rush either.
Thanks Naveen. What does mobike008 suggest as alternatives in Madhapur area?
Old 2nd June 2011, 11:24   #3244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Khaan Saab is again a mediocre place. Grand ambience and average tasting food. Not sure it was just their initial hiccup. But, surely worth another visit to see if they improved their average tasting food.
I had been to Khaan saab yesterday evening for dinner (SILVERWOOD+1) and ordered the following.

1, Makai & Palak DI Lahori
2, Bhindi do Pyaza
3, Butter naan and rumali roti.

Yes, it was all vegetarian yesterday.Nothing was good including butter naan.

I will stay away from this place.

Total Damages-Rs 580.
Old 2nd June 2011, 14:28   #3245
BHPian

Quick lunch at 'On the flames' (next to cyberabad police station ) on old mumbai highway ...(basement of more grocery store)

This is like the hutke italian joint unlike the popular ones.

Items ordered:-

1. Thyme Scented Chicken (like chicken satay ) awesome ..try it for sure
2. Roasted toast with veggies-good
3. Lasagna ( loved it)
4. Paprika Chicken Pizza( if you like thin crust ,you will like this,little bland though)
5. Spagetti Arabitta (veg one ,but i was told the noodles were not cooked well)

Total bill -INR 562 for 3.

Will go there/take away the lasagna and thyme scented chicken for sure.

Did not try the lamb pepproni due to unavailability ,but thats on my list as well..
Old 2nd June 2011, 17:09   #3246
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
What does mobike008 suggest as alternatives in Madhapur area?
There's not too many options in and around Madhapur area. You can try the place at Kondapur ( opposite to Bar-one) which is another place popular for IT crowd. Its again sometimes good and sometimes bad type of place.

I would say go to Shangai Chef for an alarte lunch as they are quite a decent joint for the price they charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
I had been to Khaan saab yesterday evening for dinner
I will stay away from this place.
I told you so their food is average. Looks like its struck out of my list too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
Quick lunch at 'On the flames' (next to cyberabad police station ) on old mumbai highway ...(basement of more grocery store)
Interesting review. It's now added to my list to try for sure as food seems to be good and pricing is too damn reasonable. Where exactly is this place?
Old 2nd June 2011, 19:18   #3247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There's not too many options in and around Madhapur area. You can try the place at Kondapur ( opposite to Bar-one) which is another place popular for IT crowd. Its again sometimes good and sometimes bad type of place.

I would say go to Shangai Chef for an alarte lunch as they are quite a decent joint for the price they charge.
Thanks. I think the guys have chosen some place on Rd # 12, B Hills called 'Yellow Chillies'
Old 2nd June 2011, 19:31   #3248
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. I think the guys have chosen some place on Rd # 12, B Hills called 'Yellow Chillies'
Venu Saab, never been to Yellow Chillies as have always been warned to stay away from Sanjeev Kappor's Yellow Chillies at Banjara Hills.
Old 2nd June 2011, 19:46   #3249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Venu Saab, never been to Yellow Chillies as have always been warned to stay away from Sanjeev Kappor's Yellow Chillies at Banjara Hills.
I"ve also got a feedback from mobike008 on that place, so now we've kicked that off also. Perhaps we'll settle for Daspalla.

Edit: Daspalla is full for tomorrow. Any idea how much a buffet lunch costs at Ohris or Zafraan Exotica on Rd # 12?

Last edited by vnabhi : 2nd June 2011 at 19:56.
Old 3rd June 2011, 15:46   #3250
BHPian

Quote:
I"ve also got a feedback from mobike008 on that place, so now we've kicked that off also. Perhaps we'll settle for Daspalla.

Edit: Daspalla is full for tomorrow. Any idea how much a buffet lunch costs at Ohris or Zafraan Exotica on Rd # 12?
so where did you finally go?

avi: on the flames will come to your left once you cross the cyberabad police station ,its in the basement area of more super market on the old mumbai highway enroute to gachibowli/orr

Last edited by Rajesh Rawal : 3rd June 2011 at 15:48.
Old 3rd June 2011, 16:06   #3251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
so where did you finally go?

avi: on the flames will come to your left once you cross the cyberabad police station ,its in the basement area of more super market on the old mumbai highway enroute to gachibowli/orr
News Cafe at Inorbit Mall. The price for 23 persons came to Rs 8520, which included VAT of 1000 quid. So this works out to Rs 370 per head.

Buffet was ok--not to great or bad , but the non veg dishes (3 in number) were not spicy enough. Might suit firangis more. But I liked the ambience of having a good view of DC lake and of course, the road .

The rumali rotis were good, as was the veg pizza and pasta.

Dessert consisted of vanilla ice cream and 3 types of pastries. For Bong sweet lovers like me, it was a let down.
Old 3rd June 2011, 17:13   #3252
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Darn! That means I have to take a U-turn to get a takeaway while going home

Quote:
News Cafe at Inorbit Mall. The price for 23 persons came to Rs 8520, which included VAT of 1000 quid. So this works out to Rs 370 per head.
Rs.370 for a lunch buffet is not a good price. I would rather pay this for a dinner buffet. Also, going by dishes available. It's best left for company's to sponsor such lunches.

Quote:
Dessert consisted of vanilla ice cream and 3 types of pastries. For Bong sweet lovers like me, it was a let down.
Bong sweet lover..huh? Would be interesting to know which bong sweets you like? I never thought bong sweets were that popular except for Rasagulla, Cham Cham and Misthi Doi ( which incidentally I never tasted till now)
Old 3rd June 2011, 18:46   #3253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Rs.370 for a lunch buffet is not a good price. I would rather pay this for a dinner buffet. Also, going by dishes available. It's best left for company's to sponsor such lunches.

Bong sweet lover..huh? Would be interesting to know which bong sweets you like? I never thought bong sweets were that popular except for Rasagulla, Cham Cham and Misthi Doi ( which incidentally I never tasted till now)
I agree regarding the price, but that was the cheapest in the vicinity, and we did not want to tax our freshers more .

I can give you a big list of Bong sweets---I stayed in Calcutta for 6 months. When I went there , I was as slim as Kirkiri, and when I returned, I was 20 kgs heavier.
Old 6th June 2011, 10:46   #3254
Senior - BHPian

I had been to Baba's Chulha on Saturday evening and had one mutton and chicken sheek roll (SILVERWOOD+1)

I had the chicken and my friend devoured the mutton one.

Zimbly awesome.

Total Damages-Rs 225-
Old 6th June 2011, 10:59   #3255
Senior - BHPian

Suggestions please for unlimited food and beverage lunch buffet. I heard that Westin runs something on these lines. Any other place that runs a similar system.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks