Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2011, 11:31   #3271
BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
It was indeed 12:30 and we will meet at the main gate, beside Andhra back ATM.
I assume that the invite for KIMS Biryani is open to all.

Waseem, if I can make it, I will give you a call at 11:45am and we will go together (will meet you at Suzuki showroom). No call from me means I cannot make it.
Old 10th June 2011, 12:00   #3272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Saturday Biryani is better/special or is it the same throughout the week? I am open for a weekday KIMS biryani, the weekend gets a bit tight as I am not working on saturdays and coming from Sainikpuri gets a lil difficult.

Let me know if we can plan for a weekday KIMS biryani meet.
Old 10th June 2011, 12:12   #3273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Waseem, if I can make it, I will give you a call at 11:45am and we will go together (will meet you at Suzuki showroom). No call from me means I cannot make it.
This invite is very much open to all.

@Bajaj Sahb-I will wait for your call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikatmandal04 View Post
Saturday Biryani is better/special or is it the same throughout the week? I am open for a weekday KIMS biryani, the weekend gets a bit tight as I am not working on saturdays and coming from Sainikpuri gets a lil difficult.
The biriyani is same throughout the week, its just that we are free on weekends.

A drive from Sainikpuri to ministers road on a Saturday afternoon should not take you more than 20 mins.Nikhil will be traveling all the way from dilshuknagar to devour this biriyani.

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 10th June 2011 at 12:14.
Old 10th June 2011, 12:27   #3274
BHPian

Quote:
This invite is very much open to all.

@Bajaj Sahb-I will wait for your call.

The biriyani is same throughout the week, its just that we are free on weekends.
Thanks for the info SILVERWOOD. yeah biryani's got to be the same no matter what day it is. . Saturdays I turn myself into a vegggie and so I avoid eating outside plus I dont want to end up eating the veg biryani of KIMS.

I will have to plan myself for a solo KIMS meet.. I work in Begumpet and KIMS is at a stone throw distance from here.
Old 10th June 2011, 12:32   #3275
BHPian

Quote:
Nikhil will be traveling all the way from dilshuknagar to devour this biriyani.
I wish to correct you Waseem Bhai, I stay at Kothapet, which is way beyond Dilsukh Nagar. I would be driving 21.3 KMS all the way to devour this Biryani, so I guess Saikat can do it even easily.

Unknown road to Ministers Rd - Google Maps

EDIT: Just read that you transform into a Veggie on Saturday. I too transform myself into a Non-Veggie everytime I see great food. On other thought, do I ever eat Veggie stuff, I doubt.

Last edited by traveloholic : 10th June 2011 at 12:34.
Old 10th June 2011, 12:41   #3276
Distinguished - BHPian

Last night been to Bowl O' China at Masab Tank

We ordered for :-

Chicken Hot and Sour Soup : Rs.80
Chilly Garlic Fish : Rs.210
Veg Manchuria : Rs.120
Veg Burnt Garlic Noodles : Rs.120

All the items were really really good with special mention to Chilly Garlic Fish.

I had a 50% off voucher. Total bill : Rs.530-50%off : Rs.265

No taxes, No Vat, No hanky Panky. Totally VFM. I love such places

P.S: My prayers and best wishes are with the KIMS lunch eating team
Old 11th June 2011, 12:53   #3277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
My prayers and best wishes are with the KIMS lunch eating team
Your prayers were not answered and we did not go for the biryani to KIMS as Silverwood fell sick.

By the way, we need to find out where all and what all did Silverwood eat yesterday that resulted in bad stomach for him.
Old 13th June 2011, 10:22   #3278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
By the way, we need to find out where all and what all did Silverwood eat yesterday that resulted in bad stomach for him.
It was a spicy egg fried rice i had at All Seasons on Friday afternoo.That may not be the only reason for this episode of acute gastritis, may be i need to cut down on eating outside food.
Old 13th June 2011, 12:17   #3279
Distinguished - BHPian

Last evening went for dinner at " Bhojanam" on Rd.No.12, Banjara Hills ( M.L.A Colony) which was erstwhile "Hampi"

Nice ambience. Dark wood giving the picture of rich south indian maharaja's palace and fast service.

They immediately served complimentary Papads and other crunchies.

We ordered :-

Madras Mutton Khozimbhi (Rs.275)
This was absolutely outstanding dish. We made a mistake of saying spicy and it was little too spicy even for my liking. But, superb. Should tell them medium spicy

Kerala Parotta (Rs.35/each)

One of the best that I ever tasted. Really too good

Appam ( Rs.25/each)

Super light and fluffy served a bowl of veg stew which was a bit bland

Kodi Pulao (Rs.240)

Different style biryani but, very nice.

Total Damages : Rs.750 ( Inclusive of tip and 12.5% VAT)

It's an expensive place considering their dish prices but, quantity more than makes up for it. We took away the curry and pulao as quantity was much.

I would go back for that tasty meat curry and delectable parottas.

P.S: Enjoyed rice after a week. Felt good
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2011, 12:27   #3280
BHPian

Hyderabad House:

I usually do pickups from the neighborhood Hyderabad House over the weekend. This weekend I found a complete change in their menu prices. All prices were inclusive of all taxes. Naturally the prices were higher than earlier (now including 14% tax), but even then prices were higher by 5-10% including the 14% tax that i would pay earlier.

Does this reflect the new service tax(5%) that I've been reading about on this thread lately, or just another price hike?

Any other restaurant displaying prices including all taxes? I certainly find this to be preferable, as it gives me an idea of the actual bill prior to ordering, even though it is less transparent. Earlier a Rs 500 bill would come to almost Rs 575 after taxes, which is quite high.
Old 13th June 2011, 12:29   #3281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Last evening went for dinner at " Bhojanam" on Rd.No.12, Banjara Hills ( M.L.A Colony) which was erstwhile "Hampi"

Nice ambience. Dark wood giving the picture of rich south indian maharaja's palace and fast service.
This is one of the places where i found that Vegetarians can get good food. It is one of my favorites when i have to take friends/family out.
Old 13th June 2011, 15:32   #3282
BHPian

Thai Express (Next to Q Mart ) banjara hills

Starters:-

a) Mango Salad (Very good ,kacha aam (mango ) salad)
b) Chicken Wings (ok)
c) Thai BBQ Chicken(shredded chicken pieces bbq style-good)

Main Course:-

1) Thai pineapple rice with seafood ( bland)
2) Thai pinapple rice with chicken (did not try)
3) Yellow ginger chicken curry with rice(super spicy ,this was the most spicy dish in the whole menu)
4) Thai noodles with seafood(did not try)

Drinks:-

2 Thai Ice Tea ( thora hatke(its different)
2 Thai Ice Coffee (bitter ,liked the ice tea better)

Total bill for 4 INR 2260/-Go there only if you like thai food ,i do!
Old 13th June 2011, 16:18   #3283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
Thai Express (Next to Q Mart ) banjara hills
With due respects,I found the place to be way too expensive,also found the price to quantity ratio to be very poor.

The last time we were there,they did not even have the famous Thai Satay on their menu.Service too was iffy.It probably was a one off incident,but seeing their prices and the service we were not in a hurry to go back there.

Also does anybody have an idea if Little Italy has weekday buffet/weekend brunch?The blore outlets have them and it is priced at a very competitive INR349+ and weekends at INR549+.

The Mainland China buffet on weekdays is a Chinese junkies day out,amazing buffet and quick service,priced at INR 599+.
Old 14th June 2011, 11:45   #3284
Senior - BHPian

For information sakes,I did called Little Italy yesterday and they have a lunch buffet priced at INR 560 all incluside Monday-Saturday.I guess thats expensive.Its not a buffet in the real sense of it,on display they have soups,some crunchies,breads & juices.
Then there is a set menu consisting of Pizzas & Pastas and you need to select one of them.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2011, 17:29   #3285
BHPian

Sunday, I went dining at "Olives & Cheese" at Trimulgherry. It is a very poor cousin of Harry's Diner. But then, in the absence of Harry, a place I will visit again. By poor cousin, I mean, smaller quantities and less meat and slightly lesser taste. Cleanliness and hygiene and lighting wise, this is a better place anyday.

The helpings are small and the meat quantities are very less but then the price per dish is also cheaper than Harry.

Met the 2 owners and found both of them to be very affectionate and polite. I had called them before starting by using the number at Burrp (also given below) and they had a nice table reserved for me.

During the time I was there, all the tables were always full and there was waiting. The table next to me got 3 rounds of guests in that one hour I was there.

Ordered Chicken Spiedini as snacks and got 6/8 small pieces of boneless chicken. The dish size was suitable for 1/2 people. Also ordered Cheese Garlic Bread and Stuffed Mushroom. Mushroom was nice and worth ordering again and again. Chicken was also good.

Ordered Cream of Chicken soup and Italian Chicken Broth soup. Cream soup was milk while the other was good. Dish size was half of Harry.

Ordered Fusilli Chicken Salad and Chicken Signature Salad. Both were good but meat quantities were too less for my liking.

Ordered a large Euro Chicken Pizza and a Chicken Penne Arabiata. Okay. Will try thin crust next time before forming an opinion which is worth repeating.

Also ordered a Cole Slaw Sandwich. Yuck but then it was the only suitable dish for my mother who has a tooth issue at the moment.

All put together and also a diet coke & a mocktail, the bill came to 1048 + 42 Tax (4%) = 1090. No service charge, no service tax, no 14.5% VAT.

Next time I visit, I am going to tell them to double the chicken quantity in each of the dishes I order and would agree to happily pay the higher price as the present chicken to vegetable ratio is not upto my taste.

Their bill has feedback numbers : 92 462 11 899 & 8686 4747 67.

Nice outing for the family!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks