Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2011, 10:10   #3331
Senior - BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
However, Mohini's is not an "exact" Dum Biryani which Hyderabad is popular for. They serve a unique style called Zaffron Biryani which is also done partly on dum.
+1 Avi Bhai.

It is indeed Zafraan biriyani.But the quality of food at Mohini's has gone down in last few years,i use to love the boneless chicken biriyani served at Mohini's.Any one visiting this place, please try the Mohini's kulfi.Awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
Shadaab, Nayaab, Madina and Shah Ghouse aren't too far off either from Kacheguda.
Prashant Bhai, I think Madina restaurant is closed long time back.

Nikhil, please correct me if i am wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
While coming from Madhapur side back to Somajiguda, stopped at the vehicle selling Jal Jeera and Butter Milk just after the Harley Davidson Showroom
I have been seeing this vehicle from last one year or so, will try the Butter Milk soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr912m View Post
vnabhi,

I will keep that in mind next time i am in the area. Thanks . Definitely don't want to cause inconvenience to you or SILVERWOOD . Or better yet , like i did last time , may be i will just walk down or take an auto.
You can easily park your car in this lane without any problem.

BTW-Harita serves chapati only for dinner.
Old 24th June 2011, 10:13   #3332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Prashant Bhai, I think Madina restaurant is closed long time back.

Nikhil, please correct me if i am wrong.
Really?

I remember seeing it open 2 days before Ramzan last year. Actually when we went it was 1 day before, but by the time we finished dinner (at Shadaab) + shopping and came out it was 2 days before .

Regards,
spadix
Old 24th June 2011, 11:09   #3333
BHPian

Madina Restaurant is closed as of now, he tried his luck with Haleem last year but failed badly. It was just a haleem outlet last year.
Old 24th June 2011, 11:24   #3334
Distinguished - BHPian

Bajaj Saab, that offer from "Aroma" is for dinner or lunch? If it's for lunch, then it's not for me...

I like this place, had quite a few office parties there and food is nice and reasonable pricing and ambience is also pretty good.

I also vividly recall they have a unique elevator...You get in front road facing and get out the other side..first time confused the hell out of me.
Old 24th June 2011, 15:16   #3335
BHPian

ehe. True. Even i got confused the first time I went to Aroma. They have now started take away service too. Food is decent, ambience is good.

Lunched at Al-Hamdulillah, Nampally. Tala gosht, rumali roti & beef biryani.

Cost for 2: Rs.127/-

Excellent gosht and biryani was good too. Biryani was a little greasy but very tasty.

Last edited by bblost : 24th June 2011 at 15:19. Reason: Please refer forum rule 11. Thanks.
Old 24th June 2011, 16:46   #3336
BHPian

Dear Foodies, I have stopped visiting Bade Miyaan Kebab's offlate. Even though, I love it, I am kind of avoiding it now. A friend of mine, who is a big fan of Tala Gosht at Al-Hamdulillah told me to avoid Bade Miyaan Kebab's as he smells something wrong with the whole thing. He feels that BMK is surely mixing beef with Mutton to make the Sheekh Kebabs and Boti Kebabs. His simple logic was the calculation he did. I really don't know if his calculations are right or wrong, but it does make a bit of sense for me too. Hence, for once I feel that until someone authenticates and confirms that there is nothing mixed there, I would avoid going there.

I so wanted to go to Chef Imam's Steaks but Waseem Bhai & Imran's inputs were that he uses the same grill to make both the steaks, Beef & Chicken. Hence, I chucked out of having Steaks at Chef Imam's. Tks Waseem Bhai & Imran for timely inputs.
Old 24th June 2011, 17:17   #3337
BHPian

Chen Imam's serves beef steaks? Wow. Gotta try that place soon then.

It has been years since I went to Bade Miyan @ Tankbund now that they have outlets at Jubilee Hills club and Film nagar club. I feel it is wrong on their part if they are mixing both the meats. People trust the name Bade Miyan.
Old 24th June 2011, 17:27   #3338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
I called them up and came to know that the service is still limited to Dilsukh nagar, LB nagar and vicinity.
They might extend service towards 'new hyderabad' after about a month or so. Hopefully we will have more feedback by then.
He finally started delivery in Madhapur, hence I subscribed to his service.
A week later he has disappeared with all the money. Multiple phone calls and no-one picks up the phone.
Looks to be a ponzi scheme.
Old 24th June 2011, 17:54   #3339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bajaj Saab, that offer from "Aroma" is for dinner or lunch? If it's for lunch, then it's not for me...

I like this place, had quite a few office parties there and food is nice and reasonable pricing and ambience is also pretty good.

I also vividly recall they have a unique elevator...You get in front road facing and get out the other side..first time confused the hell out of me.
Aroma has had a change of management recently, according to the pamphlet they circulated yesterday with The Hindu newspaper.

I too found the lift bewildering when I went there a year ago.
Old 26th June 2011, 10:39   #3340
Distinguished - BHPian

Despite my new resolution I was "forced" into enjoying meals outside the last few days

Wednesday

Had dinner at Bowl'O' China at Masab Tank

Shredded Chicken with Chilly Scallions ( Rs.180)

Very good. Loved this starter

Chilly Garlic Fish ( Rs.220)

Asked this starter along with Chicken. He brought it only after reminding him again since he forgot to take this order. Then got this one in a hurry. It was horrible. We went back only because we loved this fish last time around.

Egg Soft Noodles ( Rs.110)

Excellent. Light, fluffy and delectable

Thursday

This day was dedicated to eating some delicacies from unusual places where you dont go to eat a meal. But, I can go where there is good food

Xtreme Sports Bar

Fish Tikka Ajwaini (Rs.170)

This was so mindblowing that words cannot describe it. MUST HAVE

Chicken Reshmi Tikka (Rs.170)

Outstanding is again a mild word. But, Fish Tikka was definetly better.

XSB really dishes out some great north indian snacks

Hard Rock Cafe

Chicken Wings (1/2) : Rs.190

Not like your regular wings. No rough texture to wings. Its the smooth type how you get in uncle sam's land with lovely dip to go with...delicious but, the wings are too small and way too little chicken on the bone

Mashed Potato with something something : Rs.170

HRC's one of signature dishes and it was superb.

Saturday

NV Kebab Platters
Apollo Fish
Several Veg Snack Dishes
Chicken Bathinde Kukkad

This was a renunion meet with some old colleagues. Been there after almost 2 months and folks out there came up and gave a warm personal welcome as if I was their "long lost brother"....But, definetly felt good that they missed me...lol

Food quality has been re-instated back to their original glory days. Each and every dish was finger licking good.

Sunday
I am on a DIET today
Old 26th June 2011, 13:11   #3341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Sunday
I am on a DIET today
Are you sure

Will wait to hear tomorrow!
Old 26th June 2011, 13:25   #3342
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Dear Foodies, I have stopped visiting Bade Miyaan Kebab's offlate. Even though, I love it, I am kind of avoiding it now. A friend of mine, who is a big fan of Tala Gosht at Al-Hamdulillah told me to avoid Bade Miyaan Kebab's as he smells something wrong with the whole thing. He feels that BMK is surely mixing beef with Mutton to make the Sheekh Kebabs and Boti Kebabs. His simple logic was the calculation he did. I really don't know if his calculations are right or wrong, but it does make a bit of sense for me too. Hence, for once I feel that until someone authenticates and confirms that there is nothing mixed there, I would avoid going there.

I so wanted to go to Chef Imam's Steaks but Waseem Bhai & Imran's inputs were that he uses the same grill to make both the steaks, Beef & Chicken. Hence, I chucked out of having Steaks at Chef Imam's. Tks Waseem Bhai & Imran for timely inputs.
There is no way anyone can make out if its beef or mutton with small pieces of meat. If the piece is large in size, then its possible. If its minced meat its next to impossible.

I assume that your friend used the cost price calculation. This is a good way to identify if meats have been mixed. But is not fool proof.

The bigger worry for me, is the use of animal fats instead of vegetable oil for cooking. The former is BAD for health.
Old 26th June 2011, 13:39   #3343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
@Haque--if you're staying at Kacheguda, then I suggest you visit Cafe Bahar for biryani---it is located at Hyderguda, around 2.5 kms from Kacheguda. It is one of the best in town.
Got one Double Mutton Double Masala Biryani from Bahar at Hyderguda.

I was told by the person at the parcel counter that there will be 10 pieces of mutton in it. He told the guy packing the parcel to add double masala as a special case.

The quantity on opening the packet makes it obvious that there is enough quantity in it for the 3 of us for lunch.

Cost : 160.

Taste : Awesome (have tried a spoonful already). Each grain of rice is huge and has a coating of masala and is juicy enough that it can be eaten by itself and no need to spoil the taste with salan or chutney.

Verdict : Absolutely worth it.

Will try the 0.5 Kg. Mutton Biryani next time (assured half kilo mutton in it).
Old 26th June 2011, 14:06   #3344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
There is no way anyone can make out if its beef or mutton with small pieces of meat. If the piece is large in size, then its possible. If its minced meat its next to impossible.

I assume that your friend used the cost price calculation. This is a good way to identify if meats have been mixed. But is not fool proof.

The bigger worry for me, is the use of animal fats instead of vegetable oil for cooking. The former is BAD for health.
Minced meat yes you can't notice but smallest of the pieces you can identify whether its Beef or Mutton. Beef is much fibrous than mutton. Since I eat both, I know and make out.

Another Shocker of a News that I would like to give you is lots of place in the twin cities are using already dead chicken for their chicken preparation. These are chickens that die during transportation and cost about 1/3rd to a live bird. There was an article in DC about this.
Old 26th June 2011, 15:06   #3345
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Minced meat yes you can't notice but smallest of the pieces you can identify whether its Beef or Mutton. Beef is much fibrous than mutton. Since I eat both, I know and make out.

Another Shocker of a News that I would like to give you is lots of place in the twin cities are using already dead chicken for their chicken preparation. These are chickens that die during transportation and cost about 1/3rd to a live bird. There was an article in DC about this.
I been eating both since child hood.
Even cut a couple of goats and lots of chickens. Involved in the preparation of meat right from getting the skin out till the final dish is laid out on the table.

As my butchers son was also my cousins college mate, we usually hung out together.

Once cut into smaller pieces and cooked, its not possible to make out the difference.

Even the meat from different parts of the same animal has a different texture.

Most Viewed