Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2011, 14:10   #3661
BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
"Quiznos" comes to India. Quiznos

Do I see HRH-RR having his lunch there today now that he is back!
Absolutely.. the american in me woke up after reading your post and its quiznos for dinner tonight.

the chicken carbonara is my fav.

Where in film nagar though? main road?
Old 26th August 2011, 14:14   #3662
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
Absolutely.. the american in me woke up after reading your post and its quiznos for dinner tonight.

the chicken carbonara is my fav.

As per snap deal it is:
Quiznos Sub outlet
Address: Opp: Film Nagar Club/Temple,
Film Nagar, Hyderabad.
Phone: 7893099004
Timing: 11:00am to 11:00pm (open on all 7 days)
Old 26th August 2011, 14:46   #3663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
Any one tried out AlFaham, a new place opened at Masab Tank, just before Dine Hill?
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
If you are planning for Arabian Food, then try this new place, Al-Faham which opened at Masab Tank. This restaurant is housed in a 3 Star Hotel before Dine Hill, Masab Tank. I still have to go there, hence cannot really comment on it.
It is very much on my soon-to-visit list. Will try to go there tonight or over the weekend.

Had lunch at Eat Street - Chicken biryani @ Wah Hyderabad - Rs.135/-

Surprisingly good, nice and spicy, chicken well cooked, medium size pieces, reasonable portion.
Old 26th August 2011, 15:11   #3664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Dealsandyou have a couple of interesting deals :-
Lavish Dinner Buffet & Mocktails! Sizzle Your Senses!
Rs.350/head only for a BBQ Buffet a.l.a Barbeque Nation at Grillz in Kondapur. Anyone been there before? Experience?
Rs.139/head for a NV lunch buffet at Aromas, opp to SPAR in Somajiguda. A perfect location for Sabby-069 and Hyd_Traveller to have their lunch
1) Sizzling-Grillz has a horrible reputation. I did not get attracted by the deal. Too many bad reviews at Burrp(?). Remember, this could be another Chattees style.

2) Aromas deal of veg for 99 and n/v for 139 was posted by me nearly 2 months back when I posted a mobile photo of their offer hoarding and we have a few posts on this thread about it but the topic was mostly about their lift. Somehow the menu has not inspired me enough to even think of a visit though I must confess the deal is real VFM.
Not inspiring maybe because I got to eat Chole with Tamarind Chutney, Dahi-Bhale, Poories, Onion-Tomato-Cucumber Salad for lunch today. Alas, no Chocolate Mousse!

Quote:
You'll have to buy the coupons first. The coupons are on sale only for a specific period and you can visit at your convenience before they expire.
MC left out because like me, he too is a dinner guy !!!
This deal is available without buying the coupons from Snapdeal directly at the restaurant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
When you are going from KBR side towards Whisper valley side, on your right or so I understood from their address.

The deal states that one needs advance reservation but I doubt it. But then, one can always make a call before going since there may be that huge initial response.
Old 26th August 2011, 15:16   #3665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The deal states that one needs advance reservation but I doubt it. But then, one can always make a call before going since there may be that huge initial response.
Bajaj Sahb.

Prior reservation is not mandatory unless you are going there in large numbers.
Old 26th August 2011, 15:48   #3666
BHPian

Quote:
Boy 'o Boy ! After reading that "short" experience, there is no way that i am not trying. Will figure out a day when i can experience chicken haleem. Hope that I like it as I am bit finicky when it comes to what i like

Whenever you come to Royal Haleem to taste chicken haleem, give me a call. If I am at home, I can come over in few mins and meet you.
Old 26th August 2011, 17:17   #3667
Team-BHP Support

Bought the Snap Deal Voucher and went to Quiznos.

6" Classic Italian Chicken: 176.
Smoky Chilli Chicken Sammies: Rs 60.
Hot BBQ Chicken Salad: Rs 160

Total: 395.
Plus 14% and 3.09%
Minus 55%

Paid Rs 210.

I have not yet eaten as I am fasting. But my wife really liked the Sammie. She found the Sub, just ok.

less 55%= 217.
Old 26th August 2011, 20:45   #3668
Senior - BHPian

Guys, had an early dinner today, thanks to the Chicken Haleem from Royal Haleem Centre.
Also got Sheemal(thanks again Ani bhai) from small shop nearby to my place. It was hot. A pack of 5 costs 35/-.
Attaching a pic
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-ha.jpg
Enjoy!!!
Old 26th August 2011, 21:13   #3669
BHPian

Chicken Carbonara @ quiznos -film nagar.

pretty spacious set up
Attached Thumbnails
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img00839201108261941.jpg  

Old 27th August 2011, 15:14   #3670
BHPian

Two of my friends had lunch @ Al-Faham yesterday and going by their feedback, I am going to avoid the place. Arabic Buffet lunch was 360/- and apparently there was only one Arabic dish and that was the only good item on the menu.

They were cursing me for telling them about the place and asking them to try it.
Old 28th August 2011, 00:12   #3671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Guys, had an early dinner today, thanks to the Chicken Haleem from Royal Haleem Centre.
Attachment 600071
Enjoy!!!
Been enjoying Royal Haleem since last 3 days. And some of my friends have already tasted it based on my recommendation.

I was busy with work today and did not have time to eat lunch. Shut shop at 5 PM and on the way home had late lunch of Royal Haleem (1*40) and also took 2*40 parcel for kids.

These guys specialize in Kebabs. Took their card and saw some interesting kebab options. Come winter, I will have a barbeque party on my terrace for my friends, catered by these guys.
Old 28th August 2011, 11:58   #3672
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
Whenever you come to Royal Haleem to taste chicken haleem, give me a call. If I am at home, I can come over in few mins and meet you.
I may drop in to RHC tonite around 7:30-8pm. Will give you a tinkle if I come for sure.
Old 28th August 2011, 17:19   #3673
BHPian

Quote:
There is a 55% discount deal on Snapdeal today (coupon valid upto 02-09-11) for the Film Nagar outlet. Snapdeal.com -Daily Deals Hyderabad- Restaurant Coupons-Offers Online - Coupon Codes- Vouchers
Decided to eat at Quiznos because of the 55% discount.

Walked in, told the Yankee who was standing there that I had purchased a voucher from Snapdeal but not carrying the coupon because I do not have a printer and that I did not receive any SMS or email.

They were adjusting enough so told the counter guy to pass on the discount.

(Please note that I did actually buy the coupon code and was in a position to print and show the voucher if I had access to a printer)

Hyd-traveller + 1 :

1) 1 Veg Cream of Mushroom Soup = 50 : Horror. Looks like cream heated to 65 deg C and mushrooms dumped in it. Yuck!!!

2) 1 Hawaiian Chicken Salad = 160 : Horror again. Old stale lettuce with a few pieces of chicken (the dressing was only on the chicken pieces). Yuck!!!

3) 6 inch Subs in Wheat Bread ; 1 each of Classic Italian and Chicken Cabonara = 160 X 2 : Carbonara was good but devoid of any veggies and pickles while Italian was just average.

4) Large Pepsi = 40. Good 400 ml.

5) Large Diet Pepsi = 45. Supposed to be 500ml but given 400 ml as the glass size was the limitation. Beyond my understanding as to why they should label and bill it as 500 ml Diet Pepsi when the glass capacity is only 400 ml.

Total Bill = 645
Discount 55% = 355
14.5% VAT (also charged on Service Tax) = 43
3.09% Service Tax = 9
Total Bill = 343
Add Coupon Cost = 55
Cost to Me = 398

Verdict : Average food, nice place, very expensive.

To sum up, I came home and asked my wife, "Whats cooking? I am hungry, can you please serve my something for lunch, Thanks!"

Answer, "No, thought you went for lunch so nothing is cooking. Please order yourself a roll from Baba Chullah."

Now I am satisfied.

Points to be noted :

They are doing an illegal activity of charging VAT on Service Tax. They need to be told and they need to modify.

To bill and charge for 500 ml and supply 400 ml is bad.

Too expensive for Indian conditions but will become a success just as Subway did which is a very very poor cousin, at least in USA.

Last edited by hyd_traveller : 28th August 2011 at 17:22.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2011, 22:28   #3674
Senior - BHPian

I had been to Inorbit mall today.
The restaurant Dialogue in the dark was a different experience.
It is worth the try.Rs 750 per head.
Old 29th August 2011, 13:07   #3675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Decided to eat at Quiznos because of the 55% discount.
Was at Quiznos as well,around 8 in the night.My observations:
  1. Place is spacious
  2. Very very expensive.
  3. their sub sizes are very inconsistent.I bought three 6 inch subs and none of the three were of the same size,they were in the range of small,smaller,smallest!It forces me to believe that either subway 6in is more than 6in or the quiznos is 3in being sold as 6in.Very very inconsistent.
  4. 2 of the subs were burnt.never realised it as i did a takeaway and by the time we opened it,we were too far from the outlet to go back.
  5. The filling was nice,but hardly filling.A meal for two cost us around INR 420 and if you look at it from a very rudimentary level,its just two pieces of bread with hardly any veggies for INR400,definitely a downer.Most of the 6in subs except for paneer tikka are priced at INR165 plus tax and the 12in are priced at INR320 plus tax.imo very very steep for the kind of fare on offer.
  6. I too did notice the vat vs service tax thing and i am going to write to them about it,the tendency among the hoteliers seem be we will take whatever comes our way(be it right or wrong!)
  7. no option of telling them what sauce you want or dont want,or if you want an extra help of veggies like the subway.
  8. For now I will stick with the subway at nagarjuna circle,i would rate them as the best in terms of service and quantity
Overall an average place!
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks