Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2011, 15:38   #3781
BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Nikhil, Damn thats one long, exhaustive and superb review. Hope your boss didnt peek over your shoulder while you penned down your lingering Shanghai chef memories
Thanks Avi Bhai. No, I do work whenever I take break from TBHP. Hence, no issues at all.
traveloholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2011, 16:02   #3782
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Where is this OTF?Precise locations please?Also do they accept cards?
While coming from Hitec city towards Gachibowli main road via, the new connecting road, take the right towards Gachibowli and once you cross the Raidurg PS, there is a MORE supermarket on left. Over the Flames (OTF) is in the basement of this building.

Another landmark for MORE supermarket is this will fall roughly 50 meters before the new Gachibowli flyover.

Ambience is not that great but, they make it up with their food. Bill is usually so low, you never feel like whipping out your CC ( though they accept CC), paying cash will make you feel good

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
I'm digressing from your review, but please bear with me.

I personally found the Amrutha Mall Minerva the worst of the three outlets I've visited - Himayathnagar and Ameerpet (behind Maithrivanam) being the other two - in all three important aspects viz. quality of food, ambience/maintenance of the premises and service.
The best Minerva and BF are still the ones at Himayathnagar, no two ways about it. Sunday evenings you should see the folks ( mostly marwari's) waiting outside MCS, you'll think they are giving away their south indian grub for free. People sitting outside on mainroad on plastic chairs...sheessshh

However, I must admit their taste is unique and even if pricey is worth a visit on an early sunday morning ( which in any case is a rarity)

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Thanks Avi Bhai. No, I do work whenever I take break from TBHP. Hence, no issues at all.

Last edited by mobike008 : 28th September 2011 at 16:04.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2011, 16:36   #3783
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ambience is not that great but, they make it up with their food. Bill is usually so low, you never feel like whipping out your CC ( though they accept CC), paying cash will make you feel good
Thanks for the directions.I did find a website for the place as well.Over the Flames
Old 30th September 2011, 12:39   #3784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
The other starter was Chicken Majestic.

The food served here is awesome.Loved the biriyani that day.

After Visiting Shah Ghouse, the Junta headed to Celebrations kulfi @ PG road for some amazing falooda and malai kulfi.
Last night I was at a friend's place @ Prashasan Nagar and he ordered paya, sheermal and biryani take away from Shah Ghouse. The quantity and taste of paya shorba was very good though there could have been few more pieces of bone / meat in the paya.

I was a little unhappy to see my friend ordered chicken biryani as I prefer mutton - the dish contained one big quarter piece of chicken - but on tasting the rice I was totally fida over the biryani. The flavor of biryani was awesome. One of the best chicken biryani's I ate in a restaurant in recent past. Will eat again, soon.
Old 30th September 2011, 13:44   #3785
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
I was a little unhappy to see my friend ordered chicken biryani as I prefer mutton -
For me, its a blasphemy to order chicken biriyani at Shah Ghouse instead of Mutton biriyani though i am a poultry lover.

The mutton biriyani at this place is heavenly, try the Shah Ghouse special mutton biriyani priced at Rs 160.
Old 1st October 2011, 23:30   #3786
Team-BHP Support

Had my dinner at Chennai Idliz, Ameerpet. The place has been reviewed before.

Totally 4 of us and that includes my 7 year old niece.

Coffee: Rs 17.5: Very nice filter coffee or shall I say Kaapi. A little sweet but very refreshing.
Ezha Dosa: Rs 45. Soft but thin dosa's. You get 2 per plate.
Idiappam: Rs 48. A little thick but tasted ok. Not great. 4 or maybe 5 (not sure) served with shredded cocunut+sugar and kurma.
Kal Dosa: Rs 40. Very nice. 2 per plate.
Podi Idli: Rs 42. Idlies cut into pieces and coated with ghee and the podi. Very nice.
Sada Dosa: Rs 36. This looked like a paper roast. I think some mix up in the kitchen. It was big and crisp. Very nice.

Vat @ 5% is added to the bill.

The sambar is not the (imo awful) Hyderabadi sambar. This is the Chennai kind of sambar. The restaurant would not rate as making the best Chennai sambar. But for a Chennai guy in Hyderabad, this comes very close to reminding him of home.
Old 2nd October 2011, 00:20   #3787
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ohri's 70mm

It's already past 00:00 hrs of 2nd October.

Yesterday went to Hyderabadi Bengali Samiti for Darshan at Lower Tank bund. With so many bengalis looking like typical bengalis, we soon started feeling out of place.

So thought of going for dinner somewhere.Decided on Buffet at Ohri's 70mm.
Bad decision

As it's navratra, no non-veg stuff, so sticked to veg.

While chats and salad stuff were ok. Main course was disaster.
Picked up steamed rice, Kadhi and Paneer.
You wouldn't believe it, the rice was under cooked.

I mean a simple thing as rice and that's not properly cooked. That's insane.
Kadhi was just ok while Paneer was good.

Went after dessert and to my utter dismay the plates were not cleaned properly, the backside of the dessert plate was sticky because the plate below it was not at all cleaned. Pathetic!! I could clearly see that they not washed the plate and have kept it back there just after wiping it off the cloth.

It didn't clicked that I should take a pic but anyways my phone was dead by then.
Icecreams also didn't taste good.

To sum it overall: I won't go there again. It was a mistake that we went there.

I'll anyday pick Kshetra for the veg food over any of these fancy restaurants.
But I wonder how contrasting things at Rubaiyat and 70mm restaurant is.

70mm has gone down the drain. We were not given the feedback form, though we asked for it and my wife even utilised the blank space on the rear of the form. Hope they take corrective action soon.
Old 2nd October 2011, 18:08   #3788
Senior - BHPian

Bhojanam @ Bhojanam

This afternoon,I made it to Bhojanam in MLA Colony with friends from London.
What I saw was a nice buffet covering all the 4 states of South india and the dishes were all very tasty.Though a vegetarian,I peeped into Non-veg section and saw:
- Chicken Chettinad curry
- Crab Curry
- Fish Pulusu (Fish Curry)
- Mutton Biryani....All were smelling nice and remembered our Hydeez Foodies.

Pax : Hillram + 3 + 2 Kids
Damages : Rs.1450 (Buffet priced at Rs.299 + Taxes)

What i liked is that both the kids (though below 5 yrs of age) hogged mercilessly,the restaurant did not charge them for the buffet.I liked this gesture.
Plan to take my parents after a few weeks.

My Plat du jour favorit was : Bisi Bele Bath and Avial Curry with Appam.
Old 2nd October 2011, 18:41   #3789
BHPian

Re: Bhojanam @ Bhojanam

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
This afternoon,I made it to Bhojanam in MLA Colony with friends from London.
Bhojanam is a venture by Amogh Hotels group, the same ones who also run Yatri Nivas near Paradise. Like Ohri's, they too have a good reputation in F&B here at Hyderabad.

OT : The South Indian Thali (covering the 4 states) is 299++ here while it varies between 1000++ to 1600++ at ITC Kakatiya's Dakshin. The difference is that at Kakatiya, it is a thali and unlimited but not a buffet.

Last edited by hyd_traveller : 2nd October 2011 at 18:42.
Old 3rd October 2011, 10:09   #3790
Senior - BHPian

I had been to Bliss punjabi paratha house @ Rajbhavan house for dinner last evening and ordered 2 Aaloo Pyaaz and one Pudhina Paratha and the bill was Rs 45.

Its a small joint run by a punjabi couple and the food is awesome.
Attached Thumbnails
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img00583201110022212.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img00584201110022213.jpg  

Old 3rd October 2011, 14:01   #3791
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
I had been to Bliss punjabi paratha house @ Rajbhavan house for dinner last evening and ordered 2 Aaloo Pyaaz and one Pudhina Paratha and the bill was Rs 45.
Are you sure the food was good? By the look of it, looks downright dirty (ambience)
Old 3rd October 2011, 15:59   #3792
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Are you sure the food was good? By the look of it, looks downright dirty (ambience)
It looks like Needs, and I wouldn't be surprised if the food isn't very different in taste from that at Needs (which I think is really over-hyped).

Regards,
spadix
Old 3rd October 2011, 16:11   #3793
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
It looks like Needs, and I wouldn't be surprised if the food isn't very different in taste from that at Needs (which I think is really over-hyped).
I dont think its Needs as Waseem says its Raj Bhavan Road whereas, Needs is in St.Francis College road, next to lifestyle begumpet. Used to be a regular there many years ago only for colorful theme of that lane

Needs went down the dump then their family opened the till recently popular dhaba in hitec city ( forgot the name) which we used to frequent till a year back which is also gone down the drain.
Old 3rd October 2011, 16:17   #3794
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I dont think its Needs as Waseem says its Raj Bhavan Road whereas, Needs is in St.Francis College road, next to lifestyle begumpet. Used to be a regular there many years ago only for colorful theme of that lane

Needs went down the dump then their family opened the till recently popular dhaba in hitec city ( forgot the name) which we used to frequent till a year back which is also gone down the drain.
Bliss is opposite the Shell bunk, close to zen91's office. Never been there though. I guess it is good to carry away stuff from there, as the ambience does not look that appealing.
Old 3rd October 2011, 16:24   #3795
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I dont think its Needs as Waseem says its Raj Bhavan Road
What I meant to say was that, from the pictures, Bliss looks a lot like Needs in terms of facility upkeep/ambience.

Regards,
spadix

Most Viewed