Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2011, 12:29   #3886
Team-BHP Support

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
Last time I visited the Banjara Hills outlet I ate the chicken wings which were liberally quoted with sauce, no spoons or forks. The wash room is located outside and there was no water coming from the taps. Hope they improve soon.
I could not spot the washroom in this "under construction" building.

Quote:
I liked the garlic pepper chicken better than the tandoori.
me too.

However, I find the chicken served at Dinehill larger than what Venky's serves.
Old 2nd November 2011, 12:34   #3887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Sorry Imran, cannot resist taking a dig at you.

When are you planning a visit to Venky's Xprs to check out the washroom?

No one should take this post seriously. Just meant to inject some humour (my style) to the thread. Moderators are free to delete this post as it adds no value.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2011, 12:36   #3888
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Sorry Imran, cannot resist taking a dig at you.

When are you planning a visit to Venky's Xprs to check out the washroom?

No one should take this post seriously. Just meant to inject some humour (my style) to the thread. Moderators are free to delete this post as it adds no value.

But considering that this Venky's is so close to my office and I like the (almost) "Veg Free" atmosphere. I guess it should be pretty soon.
Old 2nd November 2011, 13:22   #3889
Distinguished - BHPian

Visited "100 Degrees" last evening with family to make use of the snapdeal coupons and had a wonderful time on the terrace overlooking tankbund which has a breathtaking ambience.

5/5 for ambience

The service was also very prompt except for the fiasco at the end where they thought I presented only 1 snapdeal coupon when I had actually given them two. They give one bill for snap-deal discount coupon and another bill for everything else you order. Damn confusing and seemed almost like they want to take you for a ride

Paid for only 2 Sizzler each is priced at Rs.280. Btw, a sizzler/person is not a good idea. It's just too much food

Fresh Lime Soda (60 bucks)----Excellent and refreshing

2 Pomengranate Fizz (Rs.160 each)----Quite refreshing but, low on quantity and high on price

Amazing sizzlers but, a bit indianized version but, better than Palace Heights and not as good as Indijoe's. Will give Indijoe 4.5/5 and 100 Degrees 4/5 for their sizzlers and PH maybe 3/5

Great ambience, amazing sizzlers and good service. Will go back again soon. But, you need to make the point crystal clear to the folks before ordering.

Veg Crumbled Cheese Cutlet Sizzler---Didnt taste but, mom was happy as she usually doesnt like too spicy stuff

Veg BBQ Cutlet Sizzler---Maasi was digging in

Chicken Tandoori Sizzler---Yours truly thoroughly enjoyed this and is the best sizzler here. Spicy and tongue burning stuff

Amritsari Fish Sizzler---Tasted this and was pretty good but, not comparable to Tandoori Chicken

Lovely ambience

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img20111101641.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img20111101642.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img20111101644.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img20111101645.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img20111101643.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img20111101647.jpg

Total Damages was Rs.1100
Old 2nd November 2011, 13:33   #3890
BHPian

Ive been thinking of going to Taj Falaknuma Palace for Lunch/Dinner. How much $$$ would it be for a couple at the Indian restaurant there ?
Old 2nd November 2011, 13:53   #3891
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by syedhafeez View Post
Ive been thinking of going to Taj Falaknuma Palace for Lunch/Dinner. How much $$$ would it be for a couple at the Indian restaurant there ?
AFAIK, its not open to public. If you have a room in the hotel, only then you can dine at their restuarant. Exceptions could be the VIP's
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2011, 14:31   #3892
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
AFAIK, its not open to public. If you have a room in the hotel, only then you can dine at their restuarant. Exceptions could be the VIP's
Its very much open for Public Avi.

Cover charges for lunch is 1.5k+Taxes and 2k+Taxes for dinner.
Old 2nd November 2011, 14:54   #3893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
It is just to the left of the main door when you come out of Venky's.
Old 2nd November 2011, 15:29   #3894
BHPian

Quote:
Went to The Wonton, Gachibowli for lunch yesterday. After reading so many positive comments here my expectations were pretty high but what I experienced was total disappointment.
I always think, why is it that you are always disappointed when you visit any particular restaurant after reading the positive reviews here. Is it that we aren't reviewing it properly or rather your expectations are higher that what they should be. No Hard Feeling, I just wish to know the reason, why your dining experiences fall flat most of the times, when you visit a suggested outlet?
Old 2nd November 2011, 17:35   #3895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
I always think, why is it that you are always disappointed when you visit any particular restaurant after reading the positive reviews here. Is it that we aren't reviewing it properly or rather your expectations are higher that what they should be. No Hard Feeling, I just wish to know the reason, why your dining experiences fall flat most of the times, when you visit a suggested outlet?
Hmmm. You made me think hard and I even went back a few pages to see whether I disliked all / most of the places which had good reviews here and I could come across only 2 - Clay Pot and Wonton. I believe most of the reviews here are pretty good and are to the point. I trust the judgement of all who write here but when something is bad, it is bad. Even the best of the restaurants have a bad day / dish - may be I was unlucky to go there on the bad day or order that bad dish.

The biryani I got from Clay Pot was bad - period. When I have friends over and order door delivery, it is mostly from Dine Hill for biryani and Nanking for starters. We usually polish off 3 mutton biryanis among 6-8 adults where as Clay Pot biryani was disliked by all and we could not finish even one full biryani. I think it was a Monday or a Thursday I ordered from Clay Pot because my wife ordered a veggie biryani and that too was full of masalas.

Regarding Wonton, I disliked only one item - Chicken in lemon sauce. My complaint was more with the attitude of the serving staff - they were just not bothered. I cannot like finding dust in water glass and on top of it no apology. Too petty to even write it here but hey, I paid for that glass full of water which the staff threw away along with the dust / dirt. No answer when I asked why the chicken was cold. I know no one will have a chicken dish ready and I know that dish was made for us only but how can something which was made couple of mins ago be cold? No one was willing to give any answer. The soup was good and I said so. Rice was good too but the quantity was too little.

I am used to getting a replacement when I complain that some dish is very bad and I am sure no restaurant likes a dish of theirs remain untouched by paying customers but in case of Wonton they just took the plate off and presented me the bill when I asked for it. There is a reason why it is called hospitality industry.

I am surprised you got an impression that I dislike most of the places which got good reviews but trust me - I am easy to please. Just serve me good and tasty food and serve it with a smile. Bblost wrote about Venkys, I went there, liked the food and said so.

If you can point out any other specific instances when I dissed a place liked by people here, I will be happy to explain.

Planning to go to OTF soon. I hope I will like the food else I guess I will be
Old 5th November 2011, 07:49   #3896
BHPian

Yesterday's Times Of India carried an advertisement announcing the opening of "The buffet" on 5th floor of GVK One Mall on Road No. 1, Banjara Hills. Tel.: 040 6776 7121 / 7122 / 92 461 52424.

They have priced lunch & dinner at Rs. 249 and I assume that the price does not include VAT, Service Tax and also Service Charge (I have assumed though not sure).

Cuisines included are Continental, Mexican, Chinese, Thai, Italian, Indian and a lot more. Hopefully this does not mean one dish each from the cuisines to justify naming them.

Now eagerly awaiting a review of the place before I risk a visit.

Quote:
I think it was a Monday or a Thursday I ordered from Clay Pot because my wife ordered a veggie biryani and that too was full of masalas.
What is "full of masalas"? I mean, did it have huge quantities of whole spices or was it very fiery?
Old 5th November 2011, 08:52   #3897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
What is "full of masalas"? I mean, did it have huge quantities of whole spices or was it very fiery?
Whole spices and too many of them. To eat even a morsel of rice you have to first pick and remove all those spices from the pulao.
Old 6th November 2011, 01:44   #3898
BHPian

Visited Venky's XPRS@hitec city. Had garlic pepper roast combo. It was good.
It gets my vote any day over bland and over hyped(purely personal opinion) KFC. I was thinking something on these lines was long overdue in our market rather than being a wannabe KFC like the TEZ chicken outlet at gachibowli.
Old 6th November 2011, 18:02   #3899
BHPian

Yesterday lunch @ Pappaji ka Dhaba, Abids: NoRules + 1

Tandoori Mutton, Kheema Fry, Roti, Pulao Rice

Each and every item was yummy. Total damages - Rs.500.00
Old 7th November 2011, 13:47   #3900
Distinguished - BHPian

Last evening, we were driving around contemplating which place to go for our dinner and as we were passing Jubilee Hills, decided impromptu to go to "Spicy Venue" on Rd.No 10, Jubilee Hills

We ordered :-

Gongura Mutton Curry (Rs. 195)

The meat was soft and tender and quite good. They dont serve boneless but, I asked them to serve as less with bones as possible and they obliged. It had too much liquidish gravy and was very spicy.

City Grand, Warangal still makes the best GMC that i know of

Rotis ( Rs. 30 each, costly..eh?) and Masala Papad ( Rs.40)

Fish Biryani (Rs.220)

This was the star of the evening and first time ever I am having a fish or any seafood biryani. It had loads of fish pieces piled on top of the biryani rice. Andhra style biryani. The fish was fresh, succellent and well-marinated and one of the best tasting that i had along with long grained lovely rice. It bowled me over

Will go back only for Fish Biryani, I liked it a lot and is so different from hyderabad style biryani.

Apricot Delight (Rs.100)

This is supposedly their star dessert. It was good without being excellent. Wifey enjoyed it more than me

Total Bill : Rs.645 ( Suprisingly, there are absolutely no taxes)

Most Viewed