Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2011, 17:02   #4006
BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Hadippa - Simply Delhi'cious
Address:1st Floor, Above New Born Store, Next Building after Chevrolet Car Showroom Building, Kondapur Junction
Thanks for the wonderful review, Traveloholic.

I had picked up a 40% discount coupon through Snapdeal a while back was waiting for an opportune moment to visit the place.

I used it to the maximum benefit today at lunch.

The photos you have clicked and posted on #263 of this thread JUST DO NOT DO justice to the actual ambience of the restaurant (also food). I can only say one thing, seeing is believing, one needs to visit the place to realise the rustic Punjab ambiance created there. Hats off to the entrepreneur for his efforts.

One drawback is the entry to the restaurant. The building is still not complete so the lift is not functioning and the staircase has a layer of sand, I think, due to construction workers carrying the sand up to which ever floor the construction is still going on. However, once you climb the one floor, you are whisked away to all together another world.

Food wise, my wife who undoubtedly is a hard core Punjabi summed up the taste by saying that she has never tasted food as tasty as today and it tasted just like home cooked food.

We had half a Hadippa Special Tandoori Chicken with Butter Naan and followed it up with Chicken Tikka Chawal. Could barely finish the food between the two of us despite being famished.

Chicken Tikka Chawal is an excellent take on biryani and it is absolutely typically Punjabi tasting dish. It comes with a bowl of gravy (not salan) and raita. The raita is exactly what you will get in Punjab, mind you, Punjab, not Delhi. Even the gravy was nice Punjabi type albeit with lots of tamarind and curry leaves, both of which I do not like. The top layer of rice had turned a tad dry (just the way Paradise biryani rice also does all the time). However, rest of the rice was juicy the way I like it.

The owner came up to us to enquire whether we enjoyed our food, and what can I say, we will be back and very soon and very often.

I saw in their menu that they also have a nice combo where the veg is for 125 and n/v is for 175. These prices will set back a person by 130 and 180 respectively since they do not have any VAT or taxes but just a 2% Service Charge. The description of the contents of the combo can be seen in one of the photos of the menu in Traveloholic's review on #263.

OT : I strongly recommend a Team BHP meet over lunch on a weekday just as we did in November 2009 at Sazio when I had just joined this forum. After all, it has been more than 2 years since we met up that side of the town and such a meet is over due.
hyd_traveller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2011, 18:27   #4007
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post

OT : I strongly recommend a Team BHP meet over lunch on a weekday just as we did in November 2009 at Sazio when I had just joined this forum. After all, it has been more than 2 years since we met up that side of the town and such a meet is over due.
Thanks for the wonderful review.Next week Hadippa it is for us.We drove around the restaurant twice now unsuccessfully due to lack of parking space.I need to figure out a way to park the car somewhere safe.The pavement was occupied on both occasions that we were there.Looks like Hyderabad finally has an authentic Butter Chicken placeSomething that we were looking for so very desperately!

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 13th December 2011 at 18:29.
Old 13th December 2011, 19:17   #4008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
We drove around the restaurant twice now unsuccessfully due to lack of parking space.I need to figure out a way to park the car somewhere safe.The pavement was occupied on both occasions that we were there.
When I reached the restaurant, the pavement had only one car standing and I parked adjacent to it. On my return, my car was the only car standing there.

Think of Balaji on the opposite side!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Looks like Hyderabad finally has an authentic Butter Chicken placeSomething that we were looking for so very desperately!
Lets hope so, I did not try their butter chicken today though and stuck to Traveloholic's tried and tested dishes.

What I did not mention earlier but I did get a Daal Maharani and a Chicken Rara packed for my dinner which I will eat in a little while with home cooked no butter no ghee plain phulkas.

I also did not mention earlier but I asked for Diet Coke the moment I walked in at the restaurant even before I sat down and the moment the owner came to know of my request (overheard), he rushed a staff member to buy a few cans from some nearby shop and ensured that I get to enjoy my diet cola.

Also, the butter milk that they serve is so thick that one can dilute it to 2/3 glasses and share but I enjoyed it without diluting and without sharing.
Old 13th December 2011, 21:28   #4009
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Bajaj Saab

Quote:
The photos you have clicked and posted on #263 of this thread JUST DO NOT DO justice to the actual ambience of the restaurant (also food). I can only say one thing, seeing is believing, one needs to visit the place to realise the rustic Punjab ambiance created there. Hats off to the entrepreneur for his efforts.
I mentioned the same in my post too. The rustic feel can never be explained in words and should be experienced first hand.

Quote:
Lets hope so, I did not try their butter chicken today though and stuck to Traveloholic's tried and tested dishes.
I might be paying them a visit this Friday for lunch. Hope I get new reviews this time.

Quote:
I also did not mention earlier but I asked for Diet Coke the moment I walked in at the restaurant even before I sat down and the moment the owner came to know of my request (overheard), he rushed a staff member to buy a few cans from some nearby shop and ensured that I get to enjoy my diet cola.
So, did you receive a warm welcome there Bajaj Saab?
Old 13th December 2011, 21:45   #4010
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for reviewing Pakwaan's Tandoori Chicken. Picked it from the Bowenpally outlet.

Rs 150 and so juicy and tasty. Loved it.

It was on higher side of chilly heat, but I like it that way.
Old 14th December 2011, 00:55   #4011
BHPian

You could have also picked it up from their Lakdikapul outlet too.
Old 14th December 2011, 11:00   #4012
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
You could have also picked it up from their Lakdikapul outlet too.
Read Mobike's review that its not as good as the Original.

I had some work at Bowenpally so was going there anyways.
Old 14th December 2011, 14:30   #4013
BHPian

Quote:
Food wise, my wife who undoubtedly is a hard core Punjabi summed up the taste by saying that she has never tasted food as tasty as today and it tasted just like home cooked food.

We had half a Hadippa Special Tandoori Chicken with Butter Naan and followed it up with Chicken Tikka Chawal.

Chicken Tikka Chawal is an excellent take on biryani and it is absolutely typically Punjabi tasting dish. It comes with a bowl of gravy (not salan) and raita. The raita is exactly what you will get in Punjab, mind you, Punjab, not Delhi. Even the gravy was nice Punjabi type albeit with lots of tamarind and curry leaves, both of which I do not like. The top layer of rice had turned a tad dry (just the way Paradise biryani rice also does all the time). However, rest of the rice was juicy the way I like it.
+ 1 to the above

Ordered the same items as reviewed by hyd_traveller.

Loved the hadippa special tandoori chicken

Infact will do a take away of the same for dinner tonight

Nice discovery Nikhil

OT: Not sure how many here are KFC fans but the new fiery grilled chicken is superb.Just like tandoori chicken (little high on the spice)

Also saw this banner of Mcdonalds opening opposite the Motorola office in Hi tech city

Last edited by Rajesh Rawal : 14th December 2011 at 14:35.
Old 14th December 2011, 16:59   #4014
BHPian

I am looking for 'Rewri' and 'Gajaks' (typical north indian items) in Hyderabad. Can any of you guide me to a shop or place from where I can savor these items.

I have been missing these items eversince I have come out of north india, and today one of my collegue gave me some 'rewris' and it reignited my taste buds badly.

Any pointers to a good place will be really appreciated.
Old 14th December 2011, 17:14   #4015
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikatmandal04 View Post
I am looking for 'Rewri' and 'Gajaks'
Not sure if you get them in Hyderabad.Why dont you try it online.?

There are many websites selling them for Lohri.
Old 14th December 2011, 18:31   #4016
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post

Yes i would recommend order it online,as in the last 4 years of my stay in hyderabad i haven't come across any store which sells gajaks.

Luckily i have folks coming in from delhi/lucknow/amritsar who get my quota.

This time i got gajak rolls ,awesome
Old 14th December 2011, 19:04   #4017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikatmandal04 View Post
I am looking for 'Rewri' and 'Gajaks' (typical north indian items) in Hyderabad. Can any of you guide me to a shop or place from where I can savor these items.
Fret not, your problems can be resolved right here.

Visit Balaji at Masab Tank (not sure of the one at Kondapur) and you can choose either or both of the cheeni and gud rewri.

While at it, no harm in staking out Bikarnervala at Banjara Hills. You may just strike a pot of gold.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
Yes i would recommend order it online,as in the last 4 years of my stay in hyderabad i haven't come across any store which sells gajaks.
Somehow, the online stuff cannot inspire me to risk as one cannot be sure of the quality though am sure many would be selling high quality stuff.

I will find out about the gajak shops from my mom tomorrow (you can always ask Balaji also).

HRH-RR, try out the Daal Maharani also at Hadippa. The best I have ever had south of Murthal.
Old 14th December 2011, 19:53   #4018
BHPian

Quote:
Loved the hadippa special tandoori chicken. Nice discovery Nikhil
Quote:
HRH-RR, try out the Daal Maharani also at Hadippa. The best I have ever had south of Murthal.
As we've also received rave reviews from Bajaj Saab and Rajesh on Hadippa. I think it's time to plan for a Mid-Week Hadippa Meet. Lets plan a Mid-Week Meet the coming week before most of our people embark on their year-end holidays and trips. 21st Lunch at Hadippa should be a good option. If we all are AYES to it, then lets do it.
Old 14th December 2011, 22:37   #4019
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
As we've also received rave reviews from Bajaj Saab and Rajesh on Hadippa. I think it's time to plan for a Mid-Week Hadippa Meet. Lets plan a Mid-Week Meet the coming week before most of our people embark on their year-end holidays and trips. 21st Lunch at Hadippa should be a good option. If we all are AYES to it, then lets do it.
Sounds good but, if its 22nd i'am confirmed for sure as plan to take a few days off early next week

Want to start a confirmation on meet thread for this lunch meet?

Any vouchers available for Haddipa?

Last edited by mobike008 : 14th December 2011 at 22:38.
Old 15th December 2011, 04:52   #4020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Sounds good but, if its 22nd i'am confirmed for sure as plan to take a few days off early next week

Want to start a confirmation on meet thread for this lunch meet?

Any vouchers available for Haddipa?
Dealdrums is offering 40% coupons for weekday only(Mon-Thu) @ Rs 25 at Hadippa.

Flat 40% Off Food At Hadippa

Quote:

Visit Balaji at Masab Tank.

I will find out about the gajak shops from my mom tomorrow
Thanks. I will find out from Balaji and also visit Bikanerwala. I have high hopes from Bikanerwala on this. Where exactly is Balaji in Masab Tank?

I'll wait for your mom's input too as I would prefer shops in and around secunderabad but I can also go any extent for the rewri and gazaks ;-).

Just a thought, but wont it be available in and around Sindhi colony?

Quote:

I have a very bad experience of ordering online eatables. Once I ordered Pethas, and it was all spoilt. I wouldnt order unless somebody vouches for the site and the seller this time.

Quote:

Luckily i have folks coming in from delhi/lucknow/amritsar who get my quota.

This time i got gajak rolls ,awesome

Lucky You!!

Yesterday I too tasted some awesome 'gur rewri' and hence this mad quest for more.

Last edited by mobike008 : 15th December 2011 at 16:31. Reason: Back to back posts. Please wait for 30 Mins before next post or use EDIT button to make changes to existing post.
saikatmandal04 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed