Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2011, 03:08   #4066
BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

i agree about labonel , excellent cakes ..and impressive seeing its just word of mouth going around
Old 31st December 2011, 11:39   #4067
BHPian

My nephew who works for CTS took his team for lunch at Hadippa on my recommendation and he had the following feedback:

Quote:
been to hadippa today again with colleagues. food and service both royally sucked ...

for each round, we had to wait for about 30 minutes when entire place was empty .. snacks were half cooked, some were salty .. colleagues ki galiya khaya , for recommending the place
Old 1st January 2012, 10:22   #4068
BHPian

Had lunch at Aromas of China @ City Centre mall yesterday - wife's birthday:

NoRules + 3

Lung Fung Chicken Soup @ 290/-
General of Mao Tai Chinese chilly Chicken @ 305/-
Spicy Crab Meat Rice @ 255/-
Chicken Hakka Noodles @ 225/-
Devils Chicken @ 295/-

Each and every item was excellent. Service was efficient and prompt. However the taxes and service charge were exorbitant.

Food Bill came to Rs.1370/-
VAT @ 14.5% was 218.52
Service tax @ 3.09% was 46.57
Service Charge @ 10% was 137.00

Total amount charged- 1772/- Tad expensive. Can have a decent family meal elsewhere with the taxes charged.

New Year Eve and Birthday celebration dinner was @ The Westin. Couple pass for Rs.8012/- and kids @ Rs.1212/-

Mindblowing spread of over 300 dishes - tasty too. Apart from Indian cuisine, got to taste some of those dishes I see chefs making on MasterChef Australia, Top chef etc.

Some pics of the Westin spread:

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-31122011530.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-31122011531.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-31122011532.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-31122011533.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-31122011534.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-31122011536.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-31122011537.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-31122011538.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-31122011542.jpg
Old 2nd January 2012, 17:24   #4069
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
New Year Eve and Birthday celebration dinner was @ The Westin. Couple pass for Rs.8012/- and kids @ Rs.1212/-

Mindblowing spread of over 300 dishes - tasty too. Apart from Indian cuisine, got to taste some of those dishes I see chefs making on MasterChef Australia, Top chef etc.
Was it your birthday on 31st? Belated Birthday Wishes

That spread indeed looks like its made for the "exotic food lover"

Can you describe what is those dishes in the picture? First one if i am not wrong seems like a pig roast or something?

Having said that, If I had been there. I would have NOT eaten any of those exotic looking dishes resulting in a huge waste of so much money
Old 2nd January 2012, 18:31   #4070
BHPian

1st Pic: Roasted Lamb (I might be wrong with the first pic, but it looks like a Lamb and not a Pig. The neck portion of the carcass looks more of like a lamb.)

2nd Pic: Roaster Pork Leg

3rd Pic: French Loaf with XYZ

4th Pic: Roasted Turkey with braised carrots

5th Pic: Roasted Turkey with choice of Garnishes

6th Pic: Lobsters, Crabs & Shrimps

7th Pic: Mussels

8th Pic: Kashmiri Pulao with Grilled Mutton

9th Pic: Roasted Chicken akin Shawarma
Old 2nd January 2012, 23:01   #4071
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Was it your birthday on 31st? Belated Birthday Wishes
31st is my wife's birthday.
Quote:
That spread indeed looks like its made for the "exotic food lover"
For someone who considers himself to be a decent cook and dreams of starting his own restaurant and watches MChefAus, MChefUS, TopChef and all those food shows on TLC religiously, it was a dream come true. The spread had over 300 dishes, I was told. My friend Kiran who owns Basil was also with me and I had real fun exploring the buffet. Sadly was busy with dancing and the eve party and could not really do justice to the money I paid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
1st Pic: Roasted Lamb (I might be wrong with the first pic, but it looks like a Lamb and not a Pig. The neck portion of the carcass looks more of like a lamb.)

2nd Pic: Roaster Pork Leg

3rd Pic: French Loaf with XYZ

4th Pic: Roasted Turkey with braised carrots

5th Pic: Roasted Turkey with choice of Garnishes

6th Pic: Lobsters, Crabs & Shrimps

7th Pic: Mussels

8th Pic: Kashmiri Pulao with Grilled Mutton

9th Pic: Roasted Chicken akin Shawarma

You got most of them right except:

3 was fish, 4 was chicken, 7 oysters. True foodie you be.
Old 3rd January 2012, 10:55   #4072
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My nephew who works for CTS took his team for lunch at Hadippa on my recommendation and he had the following feedback:
Missed this post. So I was right in deducing their quality may go down soon.

Let's wait for one more review from TBHPians who are going there for dinner tomorrow.

Quote:
For someone who considers himself to be a decent cook and dreams of starting his own restaurant and watches MChefAus, MChefUS, TopChef and all those food shows on TLC religiously, it was a dream come true. The spread had over 300 dishes, I was told. My friend Kiran who owns Basil was also with me and I had real fun exploring the buffet.
I am also a huge fan of foodie shows with favorite being HOMP, Chakle India, Vicky Ratnani ( stopped watching after he went veg) and Masterchef India

Btw, Puneet from Masterchef India is a friend/neighbour of my cousin and myself and he lives in Yapral. He normally comes over to my cousin's house during house parties and takes over the BBQ counter

Quote:
Sadly was busy with dancing and the eve party and could not really do justice to the money I paid.
Yeah, thats a lot of money. I remember that I paid around that money for my first wheels during college ( Rs.9XXX for a brand new TVS-50)

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
I still would like to debate that first one is Pig Roast. Just look at its tail and all doubts can be laid to rest.
Old 3rd January 2012, 11:30   #4073
BHPian

Quote:

Btw, Puneet from Masterchef India is a friend/neighbour of my cousin and myself and he lives in Yapral. He normally comes over to my cousin's house during house parties and takes over the BBQ counter
Is it? Wow.

Quote:

Yeah, thats a lot of money. I remember that I paid around that money for my first wheels during college ( Rs.9XXX for a brand new TVS-50)
Actually the money charged was not just for the buffet. There were other elements in the menu which were expensive and of course the whole show with belly dancers and stuff came with the package.

Quote:

I still would like to debate that first one is Pig Roast. Just look at its tail and all doubts can be laid to rest.
I did not take the pic of the card which said 'Lamb Roast' but it was lamb.

On 1st Jan I had been to Hyderabad Race Club, Malakpet and had lunch at their canteen:

Roomali Roti with Chicken Tikka @ 65/-
Mutton Biryani @ 95/-
Sambar Rice @ 30/-

Chicken tikka was good, sambar rice ranks among the best I ate (as good as Megha City), Mutton biryani was okie dokie. VFM meal. bill for 2 came to Rs.240/-
Old 3rd January 2012, 11:51   #4074
BHPian

Quote:
Debating about food early in the morning is always fun. Especially when you've reached office without breakfast and you end up talking about food.

Ok, now getting back to the debate. To get a couple of facts straight:
1. The Creature being roasted has a neck, where as Pigs do not have necks
2. The feet of the carcass has longer legs, where as a Pig has shorter legs and Lamb has longer ones
3. The Amount of Fat on top of Pork is way way more than what we see in the Carcass

A simple comparision
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-compareroast.jpg

I had to google a couple of pics too.

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-lambroast.jpg
source: http://www.thechefinstead.ca/images/lamb-roast.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-pig-roast.jpg
source: http://wiltshirepigroast.com/images/pig%20roast.jpg

Last edited by traveloholic : 3rd January 2012 at 11:52.
traveloholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2012, 16:29   #4075
BHPian

Chef Inam's Steak house opened another outlet last friday at road no. 2 banjara hills.

Location - Adjacent to Melting moments(inside the lane next to Melting moments), Banjara Hills Road No. 2
IndianNomad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2012, 01:39   #4076
BHPian

On the 1st took wifey and folks out for lunch and unanimous preference was Paradise so we reached there by 2:30 PM.

The crowd was so massive that the minimum wait time was 45 minutes. Dad was keen on having biryani from Paradise so we took a parcel of 1, Chicken, 1 Mutton and 1 Veg Biryani for mom and chilly Paneer. Biryani was as usual good and Chilly paneer was a let down.

Dinner was with wifey and FIL was just wandering around looking for a decent place and at Rasoolpura saw a familiar Getaway parked. On second glance confirmed it to be Milecruncher's Getaway and parked my Beast a little ahead and called him and met him for a brief moment.

Milecruncher was picking up food from Bowl o China and advised me against driving ahead towards begumpet as the traffic was a complete chaos and most of the restaurants had waiting time of 30 to 45 minutes. Thanks Ani took your advise and drove away from the city and went to Alankrita resorts.

It has been quite sometime we visited Alankrita and we throughly enjoyed our fare there.

At Prakruta well side sit out we ordered the following
1. Veg Manchuria - Ok
2.Veg Sheek Kabab - Excellent
3. Carrot Corriander soup - Excellent
4. Channa Masala - Ok
5. Methi Paratha - Did not like
6. Veg Fajita sizzler - Ok
7. Noodles with stir fried veggies sizzler - Excellent

The bill came upto 1040 with 14.50% VAT and 3.09% Service tax extra.

Not bad as we did not have to wait as we got a seat ready as soon as we arrived.
Old 4th January 2012, 11:11   #4077
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane78 View Post
Milecruncher was picking up food from Bowl o China and advised me against driving ahead towards begumpet as the traffic was a complete chaos and most of the restaurants had waiting time of 30 to 45 minutes. Thanks Ani took your advise and drove away from the city and went to Alankrita resorts.
It was good meeting you as well Shashi.

We go to Bowl of China at Minister Road quite regularly and considering the long waits everywhere, decided to get parcel. Had Szchewan Mixed Noodles, Bhutan Chicken and another chicken dish for main course.

Don't know what it was with the food but both me and wifey had upset stomach the next day. The food was also very high in starch resulting in terrible shoot-up in weight the next day.

Looks like days of being a foodie are over considering that I'm actively pursuing weight loss
Old 4th January 2012, 12:08   #4078
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Looks like days of being a foodie are over considering that I'm actively pursuing weight loss
I have also decided to go on a weight loss plan. I hope to cut down my weight by 5 kg. this year before December starts.

However, need energy to convert my plans to action, so the quest to eat something "nice" today starts.

I remember reading somewhere here that Haveli serves the best prawns in the city.

Since Haveli and Club-8 are adjoining to each other and belong to the same group (maybe even share the kitchen), will prawns be as good at Club-8 also? I prefer going to Club-8 as the prices are cheaper than Haveli as per the menu.
Old 5th January 2012, 10:23   #4079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Since Haveli and Club-8 are adjoining to each other and belong to the same group (maybe even share the kitchen), will prawns be as good at Club-8 also? I prefer going to Club-8 as the prices are cheaper than Haveli as per the menu.
The prawns were amazing at Club-8 yesterday. The dish tried out was Loose Prawns (as suggested by Traveloholic).

Yes, Haveli & Club-8 & Bar-One share their kitchen and so the dishes are the same at all these outlets.

By the time, we wanted the 3rd round of prawns, we were informed that prawns are finished.

Thanks for the company in eating prawns, Vnabhi, Neilguy, Saikatmanadal04 and others who joined in later.

Will certainly try out the Chilli Prawns next time as suggested by Ravveendrra.

Club-8 has an interesting concept for eating in there.
You place the order, the server brings you the bill, you pay the bill, he gets the dish.
The outlet has termed it as "Cash & Carry".
Old 5th January 2012, 10:40   #4080
BHPian

Happened to visit Ohri's serengeti (Banjara Hills -Rd no 12) yesterday evening for dinner with Mum and wife.

Have been here before and alwalys loved sitting in the top section which gives a nice view of the city.

That was not the case yesterday ,was refused to go upstairs reason stated 'renovation work' happening ,later realised the staff had some orders from the bosses to fill the lower section to full capacity.(Not fair)

Food ordered:-

a) Amrtisari Fish Tikka
b) Awadhi Galouti Kebabs
c) Awadhi Chicken(this one had a long exotic nawabi name)
d) Roti basket
e) Couple of mocktails

Food was excellent in taste (though i felt the quantity was not sufficient for the price they charge per dish)

Total bill was INR 1600(all inclusive)

For some reason (this is my observation) i am not sure if ohri's really invests in training their staff on customer service (have noticed in their other high end chains like 1857,100 degrees
and Tansen + their food courts in hyderabad central mall)

The waiters don't know anything about the dish,they attempt to speak in english which will probably makes you forget yours(no offense but there's nothing wrong to speak to a guest in hindi ,however high end your eatery joint maybe)

Lastly the waiter just came and pulled out the additional chair from our table cause he wanted to accomodate more people in an adjoining table(you need to ask right?)

Last edited by Rajesh Rawal : 5th January 2012 at 10:45.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks