Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2012, 11:50   #4081
Senior - BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post

For some reason (this is my observation) i am not sure if ohri's really invests in training their staff on customer service (have noticed in their other high end chains like 1857,100 degrees
and Tansen + their food courts in hyderabad central mall)

The waiters don't know anything about the dish,they attempt to speak in english which will probably makes you forget yours(no offense but there's nothing wrong to speak to a guest in hindi ,however high end your eatery joint maybe)

Lastly the waiter just came and pulled out the additional chair from our table cause he wanted to accomodate more people in an adjoining table(you need to ask right?)
Agree 100% to the part in bold. Staff at most of the high end eatery chains behave as if they are doing you a favour by serving you. I have been put off by Ohri's long back (they have started charging 10% service charge even for their fast food outlet Ohri's Jiva on RB Road). The situation is not much different at BJN Group outlets like Indijoe's and Firangi Paani.
Old 5th January 2012, 14:56   #4082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
Happened to visit Ohri's serengeti (Banjara Hills -Rd no 12) yesterday evening for dinner with Mum and wife.

Have been here before and alwalys loved sitting in the top section which gives a nice view of the city.

That was not the case yesterday ,was refused to go upstairs reason stated 'renovation work' happening ,later realised the staff had some orders from the bosses to fill the lower section to full capacity.(Not fair)

The waiters don't know anything about the dish,they attempt to speak in english which will probably makes you forget yours(no offense but there's nothing wrong to speak to a guest in hindi ,however high end your eatery joint maybe)

Lastly the waiter just came and pulled out the additional chair from our table cause he wanted to accomodate more people in an adjoining table(you need to ask right?)
Serengiti doesn't belong to the class it claims to be. I am usually a very forgiving kind but I have had some pretty bad experiences with Serengiti's food on multiple occasions its only the ambiance the sets it apart and nothing else. Also its a serious put off to me if I am refused a table I want to sit on stating as "Reserved" and as soon as the restaurant fills in the "Reserved" mark surprisingly disappears.

I took a take away from The wonton the other day. First I went to Shanghai Chef(Gachibowli) and found that the prices have been jacked up by 10-15% compared my visit last month on the "New Year Special" menu making it more expensive compared to the Wonton. Hence went to Wanton, and saw that they still have to old prices and realized their menu was better and more descriptive in comparison. The food was good as expected.
Old 5th January 2012, 18:30   #4083
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I have been put off by Ohri's long back (they have started charging 10% service charge even for their fast food outlet Ohri's Jiva on RB Road).
At Jiva they charge 10% SC on take away as well.?

Ridiculous to the core.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had been to Zurna for today's lunch and ordered a Double Mutton Single Biriyani (SILVERWOOD+1)

One word, Awesome.The mutton was very tender and the biriyani was a perfect blend of Rice, Spices and Mutton.The quantity was more than enough to suffice two biriyani deprived souls.Felt like i have attained Nirvana after having this heavenly Biriyani after almost 2 months.

Total Damages-Rs 200.

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 5th January 2012 at 18:37.
Old 6th January 2012, 08:48   #4084
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
I had been to Zurna for today's lunch and ordered a Double Mutton Single Biriyani (SILVERWOOD+1)

One word, Awesome.The mutton was very tender and the biriyani was a perfect blend of Rice, Spices and Mutton.The quantity was more than enough to suffice two biriyani deprived souls.Felt like i have attained Nirvana after having this heavenly Biriyani after almost 2 months.

Total Damages-Rs 200.
Glad that you enjoyed the Biryani of Hyderabad. I know this version is really sad everywhere else.

Btw, Why do you call it " Biriyani"?
Old 6th January 2012, 11:02   #4085
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Btw, Why do you call it " Biriyani"?
That may be a Bengali-ised pronunciation of Biryani. Thats how I say it when speaking in Bengali.
Old 6th January 2012, 11:13   #4086
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
That may be a Bengali-ised pronunciation of Biryani. Thats how I say it when speaking in Bengali.
Its as equally blasphemous as the "biriyani" you get in Kolkatta. Full of potatoes

Tezz Chicken, Himayathnagar finally opened yesterday. I was given this pamplet when I stopped outside their outlet at the traffic signal

Assuming all these prices are without taxes. Pretty expensive when the recommended double lamb burger meal is Rs.209++
Attached Thumbnails
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img20120106753.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img20120106754.jpg  

Old 7th January 2012, 11:10   #4087
Distinguished - BHPian

As you may have noted, my eating out has drastically reduced. Last evening after a long time went to our favorite restuarant " Reshmi's" at Parklane

Pleasantly surprised to see they spruced up their interiors and furniture and even their menu card. Now prices are a bit steep

We ordered :-

a.) Veg Sweet Corn Soup : Didnt taste. Seems it was very good

b) Baby Corn Manchuria : Very nice. Crispy and tasty. Quantity was also good

c) Tandoori Chicken : Excellent, Excellent. I am having a TC for first time here. Otherwise, my favorite is Kalmi Kebab which is deadly. But, TC was no less

Fresh Lime Sodas, Rotis, Gobi Parantha and Masala Kulcha ( 60 bucks for a kulcha.....steep)

Mutton Biryani : It was very good but, not hyderabadi style

Damages: Rs.875 ( Only VAT is charged)

Post this excellent and stuffing meal, we drove down to DPS, Sikh Village to enjoy the Falooda and Kulfi. It was in one word "Heavenly"
Old 8th January 2012, 10:29   #4088
BHPian

A friend was in town from US and wanted to eat Hydie biryani. Took her to Banne Nawab's, Tolichowki on Friday for lunch.

NoRules + 1

Haleem @ 100/-: nice crunchy fried onions, good haleem

Tandoori chicken @ 120/-: Heavenly. Nice charred, moist inside. Loved it.

Banne Nawab special for the day Sufiani Mutton Biryani @ 250/-: This looked a lot different than regular MB (had that green color as if they used green chilly paste) but was good to taste. Could have been a little spicier for me but my friend really enjoyed the biryani.

Total cost: 492/- Burrrrrpppppppppp

Yesterday had lunch at Gulf Restaurant, Bowenpally

NoRules + 1

Grilled chicken @ 120/-
Rumali roti @ 12/- each
Mutton Biryani @ 120/-

Tasty fare. Would not mind going back to Gulf restaurant for lunch.
Old 10th January 2012, 16:28   #4089
Distinguished - BHPian

Sunday evening ordered home delivery from " Tezz Chicken" at Himayathnagar.

The person who took my call was requesting me to call next day as they started home delivery from that very day and they were swamped with HD requests.

However, i coaxed him to deliver and got it delivered in < 15 mins

Chicken Chuckles Large (Rs. 95) : Popcorn style chicken. Crunchy, Spicy and tasty

Double Lamb Burger (Rs.159) : Loads of tomatoes, cucumber and mayoniase pouring out of the burger almost making it greasy. However, the mutton patty inside was delicious

Chicken Wings 3 Pieces (Rs.49) : Real small ones. It was just average but, nicely spicy.

They charge just a 5% VAT.

Nothing great shakes. Alright to have it once in blue moon.

Last edited by mobike008 : 10th January 2012 at 16:30.
Old 10th January 2012, 21:30   #4090
Senior - BHPian

Just back from a fantastic dinner at OTF, we were anyways at Mehdipatnam for some work and weather was so good that decided to go there instead of Chocolate room.
We ordered:
1. Grilled chicken lemon salad: both of us loved it
2. Thyme scented chicken: I polished off the whole plate, chicken was juicy and sauce was good.
3.Sphagetti Arabiatta: though ok but didn't like much
4. Three blackberry cheese cake: wonderful, we got one parceled and it tasted a lot better after it melted a little.By the time we reached home , the base had become soft.
Total damage : 575+28(tax)=604/-
Old 11th January 2012, 23:04   #4091
Senior - BHPian

A Gourmet day to reckon.
25 Team Bhpians descended at Over the Flames (OTF) with hunger stacked everywhere.
Next 2 hours saw an array of culinary delights that stunned everyone and left the hungry crave for more.
The gourmet stuff ushered under the able menage of Traveloholic:
- Golden Cheese stuffed mushrooms
- Potato Wedges
- Prawn Wedges
- Chicken with Thyme
- Meat Balls
- Paprika Chicken Pizza
- Poultry Pizza
- Veg Nepolitane Pizza
- Cheese Macaroni
- Blueberry Cheese Cake with Coulis.

Load : 25 Team Bhpians
Payload : Who cares !!!

The grin on everyone's face was awesome after an afternoon of sheer joy after an encounter with gourmet continental food.

Thorough recommend for Hydeez to visit OTF.
Attached Thumbnails
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-1.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-2.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-3.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-4.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-5.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-6.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-7.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-8.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-10.jpg  

hillram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2012, 11:42   #4092
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
The gourmet stuff ushered under the able menage of Traveloholic:
- Golden Cheese stuffed mushrooms
- Potato Wedges
- Prawn Wedges
- Chicken with Thyme
- Meat Balls
- Paprika Chicken Pizza
- Poultry Pizza
- Veg Nepolitane Pizza
- Cheese Macaroni
- Blueberry Cheese Cake with Coulis
An amendment to the list
- Golden Fried Mushrooms
- Potato Wedges
- Roasted Pepper Toast
- Golden Fried Prawns
- Thyme Scented Chicken
- 12" Grilled Paprika Chicken Pizza
- 12" From The Poultry Pizza
- 12" Veg Florentine Pizza
- Veg Cheese Macaroni
- Chicken Cheese Macaroni
- Blueberry Cheese Cake with Coulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
- Meat Balls
Mr. Bajaj will kill me if he reads this. Meat Balls, which were supposed to be ordered were not ordered in the pandemonium. I was reminded of Meat Balls, when we were having Pasta. Too late to order another round of starters as most of us were full by that time and everyone wanted to keep some space available for Blueberry Cheese Cake.
traveloholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2012, 23:05   #4093
Distinguished - BHPian

Got a takeaway from a small andhra outlet in Hyderguda

Mutton boneless fry : 120rs

prawns curry : 130rs

Awesome taste and spicy to core

Typing from my PB so ignore any grammatical mistakes
Old 14th January 2012, 16:54   #4094
BHPian

Ravi (norulez) informed me abt the OTF lunch meet only that morning n I was stuck in a meeting. I always wanted to go there ever since I heard about it from him. Hopefully next time...

Btw, howz All Seasons, off rd#2? Planning to take my team there next time.

Couple of days ago a colleague gave a treat at the new Ohri Jiva Imperial at the white house bldg, greenlands. It only has a buffet which I found awesome in taste as well as choice. I wished i has two stomachs! They also had a seperate mocktail menu (@150/- each) with interestingly named herb and fruit drinks like 'saas bahu aur tulsi', 'why this nariyal di' etc.

its totally paisa vasool but a downer for some of u: its all veg only (can imagine norulez going blue in the face).

I'll remember to check out the meet thread n join u ppl in future lunch meets. Ravi, in case i forget plz inform me atleast 1 or 2 days in advance so that i may plan my day properly. Somehow i always seem to have meetings at work just before lunch time.
Old 14th January 2012, 22:31   #4095
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
Ravi (norulez) informed me abt the OTF lunch meet only that morning n I was stuck in a meeting. I always wanted to go there ever since I heard about it from him. Hopefully next time...

Btw, howz All Seasons, off rd#2? Planning to take my team there next time.

Couple of days ago a colleague gave a treat at the new Ohri Jiva Imperial at the white house bldg, greenlands. It only has a buffet which I found awesome in taste as well as choice. I wished i has two stomachs! They also had a seperate mocktail menu (@150/- each) with interestingly named herb and fruit drinks like 'saas bahu aur tulsi', 'why this nariyal di' etc.

its totally paisa vasool but a downer for some of u: its all veg only (can imagine norulez going blue in the face).

I think they have a similar buffet at Ohris Jiva at Raj Bhavan Road. I've had their vegetarian fare twice so far in the past 6 years. The first time it was good, but not that good on the second visit. And when I got my car back, I found half of the audio CDs were outside the player.

I've stopped visiting that place since then.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks