Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2012, 17:22   #4156
BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Ohri's De Thali.

Complete Value For Money.
Did you have a peek at Ohri's Jiva Imperio next doors?

If yes, did you not find the spread amazing there?

If not, please go back ASAP because you do not know what you are missing till you see the spread.

Please note that the above discussion is keeping in mind pure veggie food.
Old 28th February 2012, 14:11   #4157
Distinguished - BHPian

It feels like ages that I have wandered on to this thread. Surprised to see not much action here. Why?

I am the one who has cut down my eating out. What happened to you folks?

Btw, plan to visit Hadippa for dinner in 1-2 days. Need suggestions for what to order there from HE ( Hadippa Experts) for both V and NV dishes.
Old 28th February 2012, 15:28   #4158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
It feels like ages that I have wandered on to this thread. Surprised to see not much action here. Why?
Yeah! Not much action here on the thread.

Quote:
I am the one who has cut down my eating out. What happened to you folks?
There is no one to inspire us to eat out. When ever you posted any review, we used to feel like having outside. After you cut down eating out, we are starved now.

Quote:
Btw, plan to visit Hadippa for dinner in 1-2 days. Need suggestions for what to order there from HE ( Hadippa Experts) for both V and NV dishes.
LOL, Avi Bhai, you asking for suggestions.

Loved the following dishes at Hadippa
1. Mutton Roganjosh
2. Chicken KaliMirch
3. Butter Chicken
4. Malai Methi Matar
traveloholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2012, 17:54   #4159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008
plan to visit Hadippa for dinner in 1-2 days. Need suggestions for what to order there from HE ( Hadippa Experts) for both V and NV dishes.
their Special Tandoori Chicken is superb! Also dont miss Chicken Rara curry. Among rice items the Chicken Tikka Biryani is good.

Btw the Butter Chicken is very mildly spiced like how it should really be. If you are used to the spicy hyderabadi version you might not like it. For the record I thought it was quite nice coz I am familiar with its taste up north.

Veg stuff I enjoyed: paneer tikka, all daals. I also loved a particular paneer curry but forgot its name.

Last edited by CtrlAltDel : 28th February 2012 at 17:57.
Old 28th February 2012, 17:59   #4160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
their Special Tandoori Chicken is superb! Also dont miss Chicken Rara curry. Among rice items the Chicken Tikka Biryani is good.
These have been done to death many times at Hadippa. Hadippa Special Tandoori Chicken, Chicken Rara, Chicken Tikka Biryani have been devoured the most.

Quote:
Btw the Butter Chicken is very mildly spiced like how it should really be. If you are used to the spicy hyderabadi version you might not like it. For the record I thought it was quite nice coz I am familiar with its taste up north.
Butter Chicken served at Hadippa is the most authentic form of Butter Chicken that a person can have down south. Butter tends to add a bit of sweetness to the dish and that is properly justified in Butter Chicken at Hadippa.

Quote:
Veg stuff I enjoyed: paneer tikka, all daals. I also loved a particular paneer curry but forgot its name.
Paneer Khurchan and Dum Aloo Punjabi are something my family members loved at Hadippa. Hadippa Special Dal and Dal Makhani are something I would eat any given day. Tandoori Mushrooms and Cajun Spice Potato are some good veg starters.

The very first review of Hadippa on Team-BHP: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post2589485

Last edited by traveloholic : 28th February 2012 at 18:02.
Old 28th February 2012, 20:56   #4161
BHPian

When's OTF opening up again?

Sure wasnt open on 14 Feb.
Old 28th February 2012, 21:03   #4162
BHPian

There has been some action in Gachibowli offlate. 3 new joints have opened up, all of them belong to the category of regular dining and takeaways- the kind you visit when you don't wanna cook but don't wanna splurge either.

1. Manpasand Food court(Veg). Serves tiffins, meals(both north indian and south indian), noth indian a-la-cate curries, chat and chinese. The place looks clean and hygienic and kitchen is open, but expect people to share your table on the ground floor. Seating is available on 1st floor as well but I haven't checked that out. I took out parcels a couple of times. Its pulaos are good. Among the curries I had Makhana, matar kaju curry and it was tasty.
2. Cafe Nandini- People staying in madhapur are well aware about it. South Indian Tiffins and meals.
3. Green Bawarchi- Typical VFM Hyderabadi biriyani joint. Haven't checked it out, but expecting it to be on the same lines as the kondapur one.

Last edited by huntrz : 28th February 2012 at 21:05.
Old 28th February 2012, 22:30   #4163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayman360 View Post

I also have the same question.

mobike008....may be you have the owners phone number and let us know when he plans to re-open.
Old 29th February 2012, 07:42   #4164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayman360 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipta View Post
I also have the same question.
mobike008....may be you have the owners phone number and let us know when he plans to re-open.
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Paresh is a part of Hydeez Group and has extended the special offer for hydeez during his renovation period.
It is Traveloholic who would have the latest dope on OTF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
OTF (Over the flames) is expanding and hence is closed for renovation till the 10th of feb.
Thought would let you guys know
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
There's a special offer for Hydeez though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
What's the special offer Nikhil ? Care to share!!
Wonder what was (or should I write "is") the offer?
Old 1st March 2012, 15:40   #4165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller
It is Traveloholic who would have the latest dope on OTF.
OTF is reopening post 10th March. The work is still on. Shall keep you all updated about latest updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller
Wonder what was (or should I write "is") the offer?
The OFFER is on dealsandyou.com, Hadippa is offering 40% discount vouchers for 49/- each.

Shall we have "Hadippa Lunch Meet v2.0" soon?
Old 1st March 2012, 17:39   #4166
Senior - BHPian

Was at The Chocolate Room,Jubilee Hills yesterday and there is only one word that can do justice to The Chocolate Room outlets & that is PATHETIC & SAD.Avoid would be my reccomendation.1st things 1st they must have the most complicated menu in the city running into pages and with little or no information!

We got so fed up with the tasteless icecreams they served us that finally we told them can you just give us some ice cream which has lots of chocolate sauce on it and guess what they told us,they tell us their Icecream Sundae has just that and when it comes it was nauseatic,they just "drizzle" some chocolate sauce on top of vanilla ice cream and top it with "RAW" cashew nuts-thats a cardinal sin in any icecream maker's menu to top ice cream with raw nuts and it tasted yuck.What a sad way to round off my daughter;s bday.They have the cheek to have a tagline which reads "Creating a new chocolate culture" or something like that.God save us ordinary mortals if this is the culture they are trying to create!No wonder all their outlets are empty all the time but what is surprising is that they are opening new outlets by the dozen dishing out such insipid stuff.

OT:They have the Lousiest and stinkiest washrooms ever as well.

Two icecreams ran up a bill of INR 250 with tax and what not.How I miss my Corner House Icecreams:(

There is a new hotel that has come up in the old Satyam building opposite Sandarshini in Karkhana called The Purple Leaf with a restaurant called Wild Ginger(a startup venture by an ex-ISB ).Looks promising from outside.Havent had the chance to go inside yet.The Purple Leaf Hotel | Facebook

Aside Any reviews on the lunch and dinner buffet at Vivanta,Begumpet?Rates please?

Last edited by bblost : 1st March 2012 at 18:00. Reason: back 2 back posts. Thanks.
Old 1st March 2012, 20:29   #4167
BHPian

Hi Ranjit, figures are approximate & not exact. Lunch at Vivanta is 750 & dinner 1,000, of course, taxes extra. I had gone there to see the Banquet Hall a week back. The Banquet Manager said that market is very competitive so they have designed their buffet in such a way that customer feels happy having paid such amounts. I did not visit their coffee shop.

I am going back to Ohri's De Thali for lunch tomorrow. Yes, I found the food very good there.

Ohri's have closed down Jiva on Rajbhavan Road as they wish to concentrate on improving the newly opened Ohri's Jiva Imperia at White House in Begumpet.
Old 2nd March 2012, 11:40   #4168
BHPian

1857-Ohri's at Jal Vihar

Went there yesterday evening with my american work buddies.

We wanted to sit in Tansen but then last moment decided on 1857.

Things we had:-

- Miniature Kebab Platter (Non Veg)
- Amritsari fish tikka
- Angari murgh tikka
- Thai fiery prawns
- Garlic bread and naan
- Pepper wrapped chicken
- Chalki Sheek kebab

There was mocktails ordered with the above taking total bill for 7 to INR 6669.

Food was good ,my fav from the above was the prawns and the angari murgh tikka(The american amigos were ga ga over everything from the outfit the waiter wore to the decor and offcourse the food,infact they even took the food menu back home as soveniurs)

Last edited by mobike008 : 2nd March 2012 at 17:31.
Old 4th March 2012, 13:14   #4169
BHPian

Went to Sahib Sind Sultan the other day. The experience was absolutely mediocre. Already informed the reception staff that I needed a baby chair, after 40 minutes of wait we were provided with a table in the "train" but they said they can't put baby chair as the space was cramped and will affect waiters' movement. I couldn't understand this absolute absence of co-ordination among the staff members. We walked out of Indijoe before SSS just for the same reason, they provided a broken baby chair with no harness or front tray. After letting him know that I had told about the requirement beforehand they accommodated us on a table on the "Platform". So it was over all a bad start. Waiters were hard to find by and seemed to be very busy, probably because it was a Saturday.
Ordered-
Mocktails- Thandai and another smoked pinapple based drink. Both were amazing.
Tandoori Broccolli and cauliflower. Liked it but was kind of too spicy for wifey.
Aalu wadi ki tehri, vegetable chop masala(vegetable chops in spinach gravy) both were strictly average.
Bill was INR 1222 including 10% service charge for non existent service.
My expectations were high owing to my visit to Rubaiyat last week which absolutely spoiled me with both the service and the food.
I was already regretting opting for SSS instead of my favorite restaurant Zafraan which I passed on the way to city centre.
PS: In my experience of dining out with a 1 yr old I have found Daspalla and inorbit food court(!!!) to be the most baby friendly places.

Last edited by huntrz : 4th March 2012 at 13:20.
Old 5th March 2012, 12:49   #4170
BHPian

I've been hunting for a lazy Sunday morning breakfast kind of a restaurant and I've stumbled upon this little gem called Truffles Cafe on Road No. 10 Jubilee Hills.

They have a nice breakfast menu. Eggs made to order, toast, grilled tomatoes and hash browns. You get great coffee, milkshakes, fresh fruit juices and lots of goodies from their patisserie. It is a very laid-back place with an indoor air-conditioned area with lots of books and magazines and a very cool Goa-like decor (old school furniture, quaint frames on the wall). You also have multiple levels of outdoor seating which is very pleasant in the evenings.

They have a lunch and dinner menu too. Great pizzas cooked in a wood-fire oven, and wonderful pastas and lasagnas as well. They also serve a limited amount of chicken/mutton/fish curry dishes which are very good.

Go if you have a couple of hours to spare and a good book to read.
ranjitnair77 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks