Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2012, 14:36   #4201
BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Wild West American Burgers-Happy Burgers Sainikpuri

Has anyone heard of this one?There are banners all over Sainikpuri & Defence Colony advertising about this.I am somehow very apprehensive about the whole affair because there is no physical address for the place.There is no restaurant.How on earth do we know how and where do they make their burgers.All that they have is a toll free number and a website,so just wanted to know if anybody here has any dough on this burger joint?

The advertised website is www.happyburgers.in and they claim to serve authentic ham-burgers(a rarity in India).
I have not seen the ads (live on the other side of city) but I looked up the link you gave. They have claimed a lot of things, will knwo only when we actually eat the burgers though I have no clue how an American burger is supposed to taste. I think they do not want to open a beef based burger joint, hence the website route.

Was visiting a friend's father at Basavatarakam Indo-American Cancer hospital. I and my friend had lunch at the canteen. Extremely good andhra thaali and chicken curry. Rice, daal, sambar, curries all were very tasty. Quantity wise it was more than sufficient, me and my friend shared the chicken curry and a good amount of it was left over after we had our fill.

Meals @ 35/- and chicken curry @ 60/-, hygenic place, fast service, lots of parking space. I found my lunch / dinner place for the vacation time when wife visits her parents.
Old 15th March 2012, 10:33   #4202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
Last night had dinner at Chef Inam's Steak House, Banjara Hills (Behind Melting Moments). I had Newyorker Steak - Pretty good though i could not finish it all. Kids had Chicken philly steak, they loved it. Wife had one of those desi chicken breast steak, okie dokie.

The only issue with Chef Inam's is I think they are over priced. All the dishes are priced around 450-550/- and usually serve only one.

Will certainly go back.
I will certainly go back as well.Awesome food.This was my first time here (never really went into the masab tank outlet)

We had :-

Hotilicious Chicken Steak
Turkish Sheekh kebab

Both were like instant super hit for wife and me.

We ended our dinner by having autumn desire/delight icecream at melting moments

Total for everything including icecream INR 1100/-

Again i would say the pricing(chef inam) is on the higher side ( if he can get it down to like between 200-300 per dish instead of 500+ ,this place will be total bliss for all foodies)
Old 16th March 2012, 15:26   #4203
BHPian

Had lunch at AlHamdulillah with couple of my friends.

Talawa gosht, roomali roti & beef biryani. Yummy as always.

Damages for 3 - Rs.360/-
Old 16th March 2012, 15:34   #4204
Senior - BHPian

Rajdhani has shifted to Banjara Uptown with effect from Saturday.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2012, 00:18   #4205
BHPian

Had lunch at Zurna earlier today. Mutton biryani. Sad really, dry rice, no masala, not-at-all tasty meat. Could have been much much better. Will be some time before I go back again. Dunno why they cannot provide a wash basin to wash hands before eating instead of giving small finger bowls.
Old 20th March 2012, 00:31   #4206
Team-BHP Support

First Lancer, Masab Tank.

The same road that houses Dine Hill.
Further down the road is a small bakery called Alfa.
They sell chicken burgers for Rs 25.
Its shredded chicken with some onions and coriander leaves.

They also have decent dil pasand. The pastry stuffed with sweet cherries. Get this home, heat it in a microwave and they are yummy.

From the adjacent sweetmeat shop, check out the samosa's. They are nice.

Beside the sweet shop is a kirana shop. They sell dry fruits. The prices are way better than what the larger supermarkets charge you.
Old 21st March 2012, 15:08   #4207
BHPian

Today I went for Lunch, It was a surprise lunch party for my wife @ Terrace Bay. What we ordered was
1) Chicken Tikka Mirchi (Starter)
2) Rosted Chicken Salad
3) Punjabi Chicken Masala.
Breads: Pudhina Paratha & Ginger Naan.

The Rosted chicken salad was made very very nicely but quantity of chicken pieces were too less, Informed the same to waiter, after a small explanation he respectfully brought more chicken pieces which were more tastier than what were initially served and quantity this time was almost twice the original.

Chicken tikka Mirchi was very nicely done, very juicy and spicy, but the best was for the past, punjabi chicken masala was one of the best I ever had, thick and tasty gravy, still have the taste in my mouth with lovely Butter Ginger naan.

Actually for a change, enjoyed ginger naan more than Pudhina paratha.

Total Damages :Rs.955/- discount 40%, so final bill only Rs.555/-

Wow such VFM.

Last edited by Gadgetfreak : 21st March 2012 at 15:09.
Old 21st March 2012, 17:57   #4208
Distinguished - BHPian

Yesterday went to "Forgot Restuarant Name" which is a small swathi type of restuarant with a nice seating area upstairs opp to Venkatramana Theatre in Kachiguda

I was not in a mood to eat out but, wifey was not in a mood to cook. Guess who won?

We ordered for :-

Idli

Excellent Sambhar and Idlis were super soft

Kadai Paneer

One of the best that i had in a long time and so unlike Santosh Dhaba which drowns all its curries with Kaju apparently maybe because he owns a dry fruit store in Begum Bazaar.

This curry had large chunks of fresh bell peppers and freshest of fresh paneer with lovely flavored gravy

Rotis and Naans

Excellent

Veg Pulao

This was simply superb

Total Damages : Rs.300
Old 21st March 2012, 18:11   #4209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetfreak View Post
Today I went for Lunch, It was a surprise lunch party for my wife @ Terrace Bay. What we ordered was....

Wow such VFM.
One of my favourite restaurants, of which I've already posted a couple of years back on this thread. Only soft drinks are quite expensive.

I am yet to try Aroma on the opposite side with the new management. I did visit Aroma 2 years ago and it was good, though not as good as Terrace Bay.

By the way, please PM me the secret for a 40% discount
Old 21st March 2012, 18:23   #4210
BHPian

Quote:

Wow such VFM.
How did you manage 40% discount?

I have been to this place twice, but only got 10-15% discount. What's the secret?
Old 21st March 2012, 18:31   #4211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8

How did you manage 40% discount?

I have been to this place twice, but only got 10-15% discount. What's the secret?
Well the secret of 40% discount is an offer on delivore where I bought a coupon for Rs.300/- which can be redeemed against the bill worth Rs. 500/-.
Old 21st March 2012, 18:52   #4212
BHPian

Quote:
Wow such VFM.
Quote:
Well the secret of 40% discount is an offer on delivore where I bought a coupon for Rs.300/- which can be redeemed against the bill worth Rs. 500/-.
I am lost in understanding, how it works out to be VFM? For a bill of 995, you paid Rs. 555 (Paid at Terrace Bay) + Rs.300 (Paid to purchase voucher) = 855/-, so you ended up getting a discount of 145/- on the overall bill. Is my calculation right?

If the deal was purchased by paying Rs. 300: I guess this deal would have been better with a bigger group of people as the bill would have been higher and would have justified the amount spent for buying the deal.
Old 21st March 2012, 19:45   #4213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic

I am lost in understanding, how it works out to be VFM? For a bill of 995, you paid Rs. 555 (Paid at Terrace Bay) + Rs.300 (Paid to purchase voucher) = 855/-, so you ended up getting a discount of 145/- on the overall bill. Is my calculation right?

If the deal was purchased by paying Rs. 300: I guess this deal would have been better with a bigger group of people as the bill would have been higher and would have justified the amount spent for buying the deal.
No the calculation is like this, I bought a coupon by paying Rs.50 which entitles me to settle a bill of Rs.500 by showing this coupon and paying another Rs.250 as 50 was already paid while purchasing this coupon. Now I bought 2 coupons which means I paid Rs.100 and if my bill is around 1000 throb I need to pay another Rs.500 and show the print out of voucher. A clear saving of Rs.400.
Old 21st March 2012, 21:33   #4214
Senior - BHPian

While walking on Raj Bhavan Road this evening, a vendor outside ADP near the bus stop asked me if I'd like to try his Momos. He was charging 40 rupees for 6 chicken momos.
I declined as it was a roadside bandi named Kathmandu Momos. But on my return i did see a few ADP employees giving it a shot. So I picked up a bunch and had them at home. I found them to be quite delicious. I'll certainly give it a repeat shot soon.
Old 22nd March 2012, 14:05   #4215
Senior - BHPian

My wife is going ga-ga on phone over the Rajdhani outlet that has moved below her office.
The feedback is that the service is awesome, ambience is good and the food is fantastic. She had lunch there today.
They have a 72 day menu, which means one menu will be repeated after 72 days.
The thali is priced at Rs. 224 + taxes =235/- including service charges.
Mostly, we will going there this saturday or sunday.
They are accepting sodexho's and we have lot of those to cash in on

Also, "34 Chowringhee Lane" , the Kathi rolls outlet opened yesterday at First lancer, just besides the Khaja Mansion hall .

P.s: Anybody knows a red wagonr with LTD sticker on boot door. Saw it yesterday at first lancer in evening around 6:40p.m opposite to Alfa bakery ?

Most Viewed