Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2012, 23:03   #4246
Team-BHP Support

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
We are looking for an alternative place for Kolkata Rolls now.The Roll Call is again no good imho.Any pointers beri beri belcome!
New place located in First Lancer, in the Khaja Mansion complex.

I reviewed it a couple of pages back.
Its a good place. I liked it.

Last edited by bblost : 29th March 2012 at 23:05.
Old 30th March 2012, 10:36   #4247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
Last night had dinner at Chef Inam's Steak House, Banjara Hills (Behind Melting Moments). I had Newyorker Steak - Pretty good though i could not finish it all.
The only issue with Chef Inam's is I think they are over priced. All the dishes are priced around 450-550/- and usually serve only one.
Will certainly go back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I think their Masab Tank outlet had prices in the 300-350 range. The Banjara Hills outlet is manned by Inam's brother. So am not sure of the cooking as well as Inam's signature style is missing.
Quote:
Inam himself was there at Banjara Hills outlet and he did my order personally. There are few chicken dishes in 300-350 range but they mostly tandoori items.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
Again i would say the pricing(chef inam) is on the higher side ( if he can get it down to like between 200-300 per dish instead of 500+ ,this place will be total bliss for all foodies)
Chef Inam's Steake House '2 (Banjara Hills) is certainly more expensive than Chef Inam's Steak House '1 (Masab Tank) and for the extra price, they offer better ambience with a nice A/C place to sit and eat with better cutlery. Having said that, the price is very high and very expensive but since there is no other choice for me to get a good steak, will go back though not very frequently. Wish the place to sit at Masab tank was good, would go there much more frequently.
BTW, '2 is managed by the brother while Inam is at '1 though he visits '2 regularly to ensure it picks up business.
I was the only diner last night (with my family) and that is the total business he did till we left the place at 9:30.
The bread he used was old and the loaf had dried so he had to arrange a fresh loaf for me. A few potato wedges as sides in the plate were burnt which he should have discarded but he did plate them up and serve them. Inam's touch was certainly missing.
The NY Steak was lovely but had turned stone cold by the time I was 2/3 through it so had to leave the rest as cold steak is not edible.
And, yes, the place does not have a back generator so it was a candle light dinner for me (did not tick the right chords with us as it was too dark for my father to even see his plate).

1) New Yorker's Steak : 550
2) Rosemary Caper Chicken Steak : 450
3) Chicken Steak : 450 (not in the menu, customised order)
4) Coke Can : 35
5) 1 Lit Water Bottle : 25
Total : 1,510 (no VAT, no Service Tax, no Service Charge)

Quote:
Makes Alhamdulillah the heaven it is. Awesome food, very reasonable prices.
Exact location with directions please!
Old 30th March 2012, 12:49   #4248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller;
Exact location with directions please!
Bajaj Saab, Alhamdullillah is better avoided. It's one of those shadiest places I've ever seen.

Before someone jumps onto me and tries to correct me, let me tell you guys "Right from my Birth till date, I've stayed at Vijay Nagar Colony/Mallepally, which is a stones throw away from Alhamdullillah."

I have seen the Glorious and Non-Glorious days of Alhamdullillah before my very own eyes and based on this experience, I can say that it is better avoided.

Last edited by traveloholic : 30th March 2012 at 12:50.
Old 30th March 2012, 16:21   #4249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Bajaj Saab, Alhamdullillah is better avoided. It's one of those shadiest places I've ever seen.
I have seen the Glorious and Non-Glorious days of Alhamdullillah before my very own eyes and based on this experience, I can say that it is better avoided.
Thanks Nikhil.

BTW, OTF restarts on coming Tuesday. Lets plan a TBHP meet there soon.
Old 30th March 2012, 17:08   #4250
Senior - BHPian

Wild Ginger @ The Purple Leaf,Karkhana-A place ideal to be given a miss!

Was at Wild Ginger,Karkhana today for lunch.(The lunch between Kompally & Bowenpally never materialised as expected!!!I need to go to Gulf restaurant whenever i go back to being a forced bachelor I guess!!!)

Back to my observations of Wild Ginger.This is the restaurant/coffee shop of the recently open Purple Leaf Hotel(the old Satyam building opp Sandarshini).

First things first-Its a sad looking place,with no character to its furnishings.No ambience whatsoever.Place is loaded with staff but as the usual story-nobody seems to know what they are supposed to do.Its one big hall with a couple of chairs and tables here and there and a functional aircon

Food was insipid.They have a buffet for lunch and breakfast.Dishes were cold.There was a veg stir fry or something,which was cold and it made the corn starch taste yuck.They had a chicken kalimirch which must be easily the worst I have had till date.A bland looking mutton dish.For dessert they had on display a coconut barfi(i couldnt believe that a restaurant can be so unimaginative).The barfi was quite obviously some old stock because the coconut in the barfi had begun to change its taste.There was a strawberry ice cream on offer as well.Overall pathetic presentation and nothing great to write home about the service either.They have a morose looking manager who kept staring at what we were taking and a shy as ever steward who couldnt look us in the eye whenever we asked him something!!!!!The veg fare was equally sad.They had a "rivery" palak dal(thanks to the amount of water in it),rotis were never to be seen anywhere nor mentioned anywhere till I asked them about it and then the request travelled the entire hierarchy from the manager to the steward to the waiter before I got it!!!

Its all nice to start boutique hotels,but if you cant get the basics right,sorry dont expect people to sing praises about it.Definitely a no go place this one.This place could/can do wonders thanks to its location,but thanks to their inept handling I dont see this place going anywhere.

Buffet is priced at INR 249 per head with a 14.5 VAT and a 5 % SC for non-existent service as usual(I had a feeling I was in Rayalseema Ruchulu the only other place till date where I paid a SC for non-existent service).

I have a mail from them offering special rates for Single occupancy at INR 2800 and DBL occupancy at INR 3400 both NETT.If somebody is interested,kindly pm me and I can forward the details.The rooms look decent.
Old 30th March 2012, 18:46   #4251
BHPian

Quote:

Before someone jumps onto me and tries to correct me, let me tell you guys "Right from my Birth till date, I've stayed at Vijay Nagar Colony/Mallepally, which is a stones throw away from Alhamdullillah."

The talawa gosht is still the best. Can you suggest any 'better' place for such food? Would love to take my family but as you said Alhamdullilah has seen better days.
Old 30th March 2012, 20:19   #4252
BHPian

Quote:
The talawa gosht is still the best.
As I not much in beef, I shall say that you might be right in that aspect. It's just personal preferences and nothing more than that.

Quote:
Can you suggest any 'better' place for such food?
I can surely suggest you many better places for Talawa Gosht. Prince Hotel at Mehdipatnam, Hotel Al-Madina on Aghapura Road serve some of the good Talawa Gosht. I've seen my friends relishing Talawa Gosht more at Prince and Al-Madina as compared to Alhamdullillah.

Quote:
Would love to take my family
Are you serious? You wanted to take your family to Alhamdullillah.

Quote:
but as you said Alhamdullilah has seen better days.
Yeah, It has seen the better days. Those days are over as of now.
Old 30th March 2012, 22:32   #4253
Team-BHP Support

I don't think Alhams is a good place for a family outing.
However I love the food especially the talawa gosht.

Nikhil: define shady.

Alhams has a very working class atmosphere. The food is good. The crowd is a little loud. But never in my 9 years of eating or packing food have I encountered or seen any behavior that was anti social.
Old 4th April 2012, 10:45   #4254
BHPian

Aroma Restaurant & Bar, Kalanikethan Mall, Somajiguda :

I found their home delivery menu with revised prices (effective 01st April 2012) yesterday in my post box.

So, decided to give them a try as I am very tired of repetitively ordering at The Hub.

Compared to The Hub, food quantity was quite decent, prices so much lower, taste wise also okay. All in all, nice change (except that they take one hour to deliver compared to 20 minutes by Hub).

No VAT, no service tax, no service charge makes them pretty reasonable for the wallet.

Old prices but valid menu :
Aroma Restaurant & Bar Menu | Zomato

Ordered Loose Prawns for Rs. 200. Quantity was much more than Club 8, the size of prawns was at least 50% bigger but Club 8 has the best loose prawns in the city without question. All in all, not a bad dish to order here.

Ordered Malai Kofta for 150. Lots of cashews in the gravy making it real VFM. Perfectly suitable dish for mom and wife who prefer non spicy food.

Also ordered Tomato Dal for 100, it was nice and delicious.

Will order again and maybe try out some typical local dishes also.
Old 5th April 2012, 07:55   #4255
BHPian

ClayPot, opposite KBR Park, just before CreamStone IceCreams, had me visiting it after a long hiatus.

Picked up one Dum Pot Mutton Biryani.

Not sure if it is a biryani or a pulao but whatever this Indian Risotto is, it is simply tasty & yummy.

Nice presentation, packed in a clay pot and sealed with a leaf. Quantity is just sufficient for one person, maybe 2 pots can suffice for 3 people with average appetite. Quantity of mutton was very less, just a few pieces and mostly bones. Rice was long grained though not as long as the one used by Bahar. Rice was not as fragrant as the one used by Sarvi. The rice was not layered and was of a single consistency with each grain having same quantity of masala. Rice was well cooked and firm and not broken grained while mutton was certainly fully cooked. Lots of mint leaves made the flavour predominantly minty. Very spicy, too.

All in all, enjoyed my dinner.
Old 5th April 2012, 13:01   #4256
Senior - BHPian

Rajdhani-Banjara Hills

Was at Rajdhani at their new location and its such a relief to dine at the new location compared to their earlier lousy BIg Bazaar location.

Food was as usual stupendously fantabulous!!Just some info for people here,the Rajdhani Aamras & Kairi Panna are on the menu for.So would be a good idea to head there just for their aamras.

Also tried the new Mexican Spicy burgers at Mcdie.Well they are good,but ofcourse very very small and priced at INR 79 definitely not vfm.

On an alternate note,the Ghanshyam supermarkets are beginning to spring up at all Ratnadeep locations.Theres one opened in Karkhana and they are opening an even bigger one somewhere in Hitec City.I would still go to Ratnadeep as Ghanshyam does not have that much of variety.

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 5th April 2012 at 13:05.
Old 5th April 2012, 14:02   #4257
BHPian

Tried this dish called Chicken Baghdadi at Paradise, hitec city. Great taste, it comes with dry minced meat fried with onions placed by the side of the thick gravy in the same bowl(not mixed with the gravy as in Chicken Rarah). Together it tastes heavenly and very rich. Goes extremely well with Roti as well as Biriyani. Must try. Costs 230 at dine in, not sure if it is available for takeaway.

Last edited by huntrz : 5th April 2012 at 14:06.
Old 6th April 2012, 17:48   #4258
BHPian

A branch of Angaara has opened up in Miyapur Junction. I had tried it out a few times and it was a nice option in this part of the city. The chicken dishes were good, though a little short on quantity.

With high expectations, I bought Prawns biryani for lunch today. Alas, the rice was cooked well enough but the prawns were chewy, like eating a rubber eraser. My better half, the expert says, either it was overcooked or else just taken out of the freezer.

Recommendations for people living around Miyapur : Try Chicken Angaara and Chicken Dahiwala ( both in the Rs 130 range)
Old 6th April 2012, 18:30   #4259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
A branch of Angaara has opened up in Miyapur Junction. I had tried it out a few times and it was a nice option in this part of the city.
Visited a couple of times, kebabs were well made but the spices were used in liberal quantity and spoiled the taste/party. Egg fried rice was smelling of (raw) egg It happened a few weeks ago, may be they have set it right now.
Old 7th April 2012, 22:58   #4260
BHPian

Quote:
I can surely suggest you many better places for Talawa Gosht. Prince Hotel at Mehdipatnam, Hotel Al-Madina on Aghapura Road serve some of the good Talawa Gosht. I've seen my friends relishing Talawa Gosht more at Prince and Al-Madina as compared to Alhamdullillah.
Any recommendations for authentic Talawa Ghost in or around Hitec to Miyapur area ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks