Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2012, 16:08   #4291
Team-BHP Support

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Is this the same place that Imran mentioned about a good rolls place in Khaja Mansion complex.I actually went looking for it,but just wasnt able to locate it and finally landed up at BC.Is this on the 1st left road(where there are a lot of car workshops below the flyover) when you turn from Mehdipatnam onto Road No1?
This place is on First Lancer. Its the road between Khaja Mansion and Balaji Grand Bazaar.
There is a traffic signal at the entry.

The road you took is before the Maheswari Complex that houses Cafe 555. You may want to go back there during Ramzan for Haleem.

@huntrz:
Thanks buddy.

Any other place from where I can pick up breads etc.
I am not looking for a dine-in sort of place.

To pick up something on my way back home for my Daughter.
Old 30th April 2012, 16:18   #4292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
This place is on First Lancer. Its the road between Khaja Mansion and Balaji Grand Bazaar.
There is a traffic signal at the entry.

The road you took is before the Maheswari Complex that houses Cafe 555. You may want to go back there during Ramzan for Haleem.
Thanks,I took this road as well(went up and down,saw a Dinehill on the right side-not the one on rd 1).I need to do another trip on the road to find out this place.
Old 30th April 2012, 16:19   #4293
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks,I took this road as well(went up and down,saw a Dinehill on the right side-not the one on rd 1).I need to do another trip on the road to find out this place.
You enter the road. This place is just 20-30 meters inside it on the left hand side.
Its in the same compound as Khaja Mansion.
Opposite Harmain Medicals.

Last edited by bblost : 30th April 2012 at 16:20.
Old 1st May 2012, 07:07   #4294
BHPian

Quote:
34, Chowringhee Lane, 1st Lancer (for Kathi Rolls) :
It is located at the place marked with a green arrow on the map and is opposite a hospital :
17.405653,78.451129 - Google Maps
Old 1st May 2012, 10:50   #4295
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Sagar Papaji ka Dhaba,Hanuman Tekdi,Abids:Disappointed

Quote:
1 Papaji ka Dhaba

What disappointing food-period.I just cant conceal my disappointment after yesterday's disaster.
Wow! That was quite a rant

I am a huge fan of PKD and it never disappointed me till date. Yeah, maybe once in a while I did get some lackluster food but, i never wrote them off. Besides, never got an experience as bad as you wherein they threw in uncooked pieces of chicken in gravy etc.

I do agree their food is slightly oily but, then thats how it has been all the time. Their taste has maybe deviated 10%-20% but, it remains largely the same when they started out. However, their quantities have gone down considerably.

Haven't been there for a couple of months now. Will check them out again soon and report back with my findings.

Last edited by mobike008 : 1st May 2012 at 11:54.
Old 1st May 2012, 20:25   #4296
BHPian

Had awesome lunch at good old Reshmi's @parklane. The Smoked Chicken simply rocked and was a dish I never spotted in other punju joints. The Langarwali daal was also awesome.

Will have to visit again for the smoked chicken at least...
Old 2nd May 2012, 09:41   #4297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost
Any suggestions for a bakery like Deli 9 or Ofen in the Kondapur, Kothaguda, Gachibowli areas?

I found a Cakes & More in Gachibowli. I did not like it.
Out on the street it's either CnM Gachibowli or CnM Kondapur or the old-style bakery or two in the market near the flyover entrance. There is one other shop in the Vinayaka Nagar market itself, but I don't remember its name now. Look very closely near around ICICI and you should find it.

I find CnM very good for their price. They are similar to Big Byte, Daily Bread (Blr) etc. But you should ask for fresh cakes. They tend to have the odd cake that's been lying around for a couple of days. What exactly did you try that you didn't like?

Regards,
spadix
Old 2nd May 2012, 09:47   #4298
BHPian

Had steak at Chef Inam's Steak House 1 at Masab Tank, just besides The Golconda Hotel. It was absolutely fantastic !!

Was informed that they have started Shawarmas as well. Havent tried that out yet !
Old 2nd May 2012, 13:19   #4299
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
Had awesome lunch at good old Reshmi's @parklane. The Smoked Chicken simply rocked and was a dish I never spotted in other punju joints. The Langarwali daal was also awesome.

Will have to visit again for the smoked chicken at least...
I have been going to Reshmi's for ages now and never tried this smoked chicken. What exactly is this dish?

Also, hearing Langarwaali daal for first time. It was not there in Menu before. Is it a new inclusion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand_lukose View Post
Had steak at Chef Inam's Steak House 1 at Masab Tank, just besides The Golconda Hotel. It was absolutely fantastic !!

Was informed that they have started Shawarmas as well. Havent tried that out yet !
Nice to know their quality remains. Which steak you had and pricing info too please

NOTE :
Name of dish and pricing of same helps other members too. It's requested to everyone to post this information wherever it's possible

-----------------------------

Sai Ram Mess, Begumpet ( Lane next to Intergraph Office and Blackberry Office)

Thali : Rs. 55
Mutton Fry : Rs. 80
Chicken Fry : Rs.70

Visited this place a couple of times in recent past and wifey likes it more than me. She prefers simple food most of times so that could be one of the reason.

Neat and clean place. Hot and tasty food including condiments like Karam Podi, Gongura Chutney and Ghee. Their daal and Rasam is excellent too

A lovely place for some VFM homely food.

After hearing a lot about 34 Chowringee Lane, visited them last evening and got a take-away of Double Mutton Roll priced at Rs.85

Firstly, the taste is no better than Tibbs Frankie and nowhere near Baba Chulha Rolls

Secondly, omlette is not part of the roll. 1 Egg (Rs.10) 2 Eggs ( Rs.20)

Finally, one BC roll is good enough for your dinner and for some folks its a bit too much. Whereas, 34CL roll is miniscule in size and you definetly would need two of them.

Final Verdict : I am not going back there again as taste is just ordinary and pricing is not VFM. I would rather buy 2 Tibbs frankies. We enjoyed their ice-golas more than the rolls. Ice-Golas are supposedly made out of RO ice

Last edited by mobike008 : 2nd May 2012 at 13:21.
Old 2nd May 2012, 13:38   #4300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
34, Chowringhee Lane, 1st Lancer (for Kathi Rolls) :
It is located at the place marked with a green arrow on the map and is opposite a hospital :
17.405653,78.451129 - Google Maps
Thanks to yours and Imran's directions I found the place yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

After hearing a lot about 34 Chowringee Lane, visited them last evening and got a take-away of Double Mutton Roll priced at Rs.85
Finally, one BC roll is good enough for your dinner and for some folks its a bit too much. Whereas, 34CL roll is miniscule in size and you definetly would need two of them.

their ice-golas more than the rolls. Ice-Golas are supposedly made out of RO ice
What time were you there?We must have missed each other by a few minutes I guess.I was there around 8-830 I guess.

You are bang on about the sizes,I felt it was just me-relieved now because I was almost feeling like a glutton for eating two of them there.I am relieved now.He is too stingy with the dressing-hardly any onions/sauces/mint chutney etc.His ice golas are pretty good as compared to his rolls.Even his mango lassis are nice priced at 30,but not vfm as quanity is less again.I think I will go back to Baba Chulha as long as his present roll maker is in action!They lost their way a bit in the recent past with cleanliness and taste being a major problem.I guess they are finding their way back now.

Chowringhee is definitely high on the hygiene factor and the seating is also pretty nice,but taste wise I guess Baba Chulha is better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand_lukose View Post

Directions to Chef Inam's please?I looked for it near Golconda hotel,is somewhere there?Parkign available for cars?

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 2nd May 2012 at 13:43.
Old 2nd May 2012, 13:57   #4301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008
I have been going to Reshmi's for ages now and never tried this smoked chicken. What exactly is this dish?

Also, hearing Langarwaali daal for first time. It was not there in Menu before. Is it a new inclusion?
i went there after a really long time so I cannot say if they are new items on the menu. Since you havent spotted them before, maybe they are new.

The smoked chicken is a curry served in a kadai with a flame under it somewhat like kadai chicken (which is another item on the menu). The whole gravy n the chicken pieces had a lovely smokey flavour. You got to try it next time. Its the first chicken item listed in the menu. It costs 175/-.

Langarwaali daal (85/-) was a simple but lovely daal which reminded me of the daal i had at manikaran gurudwara in himachal. Largely yellow with some black daal mixed in it.
Old 2nd May 2012, 14:03   #4302
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
I find CnM very good for their price. They are similar to Big Byte, Daily Bread (Blr) etc. But you should ask for fresh cakes. They tend to have the odd cake that's been lying around for a couple of days. What exactly did you try that you didn't like?

Regards,
spadix
Breads. I picked up some burger rolls and a multigrain bread.
I am comparing them to Deli 9 and Ofen. Both of which have much better taste and texture.

btw, I had Dinner at Mak's Kitchen (Yusuf Tekri, Tolichowki) last night.
Ordered Hariyali Chicken Kabeb and Mutton Kandahari.

The kebabs were nice and spicy. In fact my daughter loved them despite the chilly. She kept asking, actually screaming for more.

The mutton gravy was everything a hotel gravy must be. Rich and Tasty with a lot of flavor. The quantity was also quite good.

The bill including a couple of rotis and water came to 620.
Includes the 4.5 % VAT.
Old 2nd May 2012, 14:44   #4303
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
What time were you there?We must have missed each other by a few minutes I guess.I was there around 8-830 I guess.
I reckon we missed by a few minutes. we were there from 745pm-815pm and bumped into Hillram who too was there for a take-away.

Quote:
Directions to Chef Inam's please?I looked for it near Golconda hotel,is somewhere there?Parkign available for cars?
It's been outlined many times on this thread in past. It's a few meters away from Golconda main entrance towards lakdi-ka-pul. You can park your car next to their restuarant. Not a problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
The smoked chicken is a curry served in a kadai with a flame under it somewhat like kadai chicken (which is another item on the menu). The whole gravy n the chicken pieces had a lovely smokey flavour. You got to try it next time. Its the first chicken item listed in the menu. It costs 175/-.

Langarwaali daal (85/-) was a simple but lovely daal which reminded me of the daal i had at manikaran gurudwara in himachal. Largely yellow with some black daal mixed in it.
Firstly, their pricing has hit the roof. About a year ago, all gravy dishes were priced around Rs. 120. Now its Rs.175 and above. I guess they are recovering from us their renovation costs

I missed the langar food both at Manikaran in HP and also at Golden Temple despite wifey wanting to eat there badly

Last edited by mobike008 : 2nd May 2012 at 14:46.
Old 2nd May 2012, 15:23   #4304
BHPian

RESHMI's have been serving Smoked Chicken for atleast 5 yrs, I have been visiting that place for last 6+yrs and I think Smoked Chicken is one of the signature dishes they serve, the taste has been same all always but the quantity has reduced.
Old 2nd May 2012, 15:44   #4305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
nowhere near Baba Chulha Rolls

Avi,

Whats the parking scenario at BC? One of the reasons I avoid going there is the parking issue (I never personally checked - for some reason always assumed it is going to be an issue) and also I need to take go 2-3 kms to take a U turn to get back home.

Would not mind going there if I can park my car easily to get a take away.

Most Viewed