Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2012, 15:47   #4336
Distinguished - BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
R.I.P. Baba Chullah

Buddy's is the new venture which has opened its door there.

Need to stake out the place and verify whether it just a change of management or the same with just a new name and higher prices.
Yes, It's taken over my a Sardarji. So the rolls taste will not be the same ever again. I happened to glance their way while passing there twice yesterday and seemed like it was open from outside.

Quote:
Hi Gaurav, which Kamat did you visit? What were the prices like?
Assuming he went to Exhibition grounds for the mango festival, it has to be the Kamat next to Pakwaan's near Ravindra Bharati?
Old 14th May 2012, 15:57   #4337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008
Paradise Biryani is the best in town .Period !!! ( Persis Gold only, as i found some difference in each floor with ground floor paradise cooking their biryani in oil instead of ghee)
Been there this saturday for a late lunch at 4.30pm
They have opened a new section Persis Platinum above P.Gold. Similar prices I think (220 for M.B).
I have tasted better biryani at times, at other places like Shadab, but I have to agree with you about the consistancy part.

The paradise biryani tastes the same at any outlet at any time. A waiter at the hitech city outlet told me that the biryani served at any outlet is cooked by a single chef at the secbad outlet and shipped elsewhere - to maintain consistant taste n quality.

At other outlets I ate in, the taste was good (sometimes better than Paradise) only on some days and not consistantly everytime.
Old 14th May 2012, 19:45   #4338
BHPian

Quote:
R.I.P. Baba Chullah

Need to stake out the place and verify whether it just a change of management or the same with just a new name and higher prices.

I went to the one close to Ravindra Bharathi (opp. Birla Temple entrance). Prices are normal, the food is really good.
Old 15th May 2012, 07:20   #4339
BHPian

Ohri's Ruci & Idoni
https://maps.google.co.in/maps?q=17....num=1&t=h&z=17

The below information is gleaned from an article that I have read just now:

Ruci & Idoni, the new bistro in town from Ohri’s, has introduced an innovative menu with dishes like Awful Awful, Towering Vertigo and more.

Done up in black and red, Ruci & Idoni by Ohri’s, promises the diners a one-of-a-kind experience.

From tablet menus to large open kitchens with a glass façade and a menu that covers cuisines from America, Germany, Italy and France, the bistro aims at wooing the foodies of the city with its many offerings.

Served in king-size portions, the main course includes dishes like Greek aubergine moussaka, gnocchi pasta, cajun grilled river sole, half roast spring chicken, shrimp rigatoni, mushroom and chicken cannelloni served with sides like mashed potatoes.

The bistro also serves the Whole Wheat thin crust Pizzas.

The beverage and dessert menu includes a range of teas and coffees, creamy shakes and desserts. The milkshakes and cold coffees are served with whipped cream. To beat the heat, diners can also choose from a variety of ice teas and lemonades. The highlights of the desert menu are signature delights like Awful Awful, which pays homage to the Titanic, and a larger than life serving of Towering Vertigo.

This bistro will serve all possible varieties of western food and beverage classic delights under one roof, be it coffee or ice-cream, quick bites or elaborate exotic main course, appetizers or accompaniments/ side orders to dessert.
Old 15th May 2012, 11:10   #4340
BHPian

Ruci n Idoni sounds like a good venue for a meet!
Old 15th May 2012, 11:13   #4341
Distinguished - BHPian

Went to "Yakshaa", Lumbini Mall, Rd.3 B.Hills last evening for a buffet dinner courtesy a snapdeal voucher.

Rs.219 A.I

3 NV starters ( 2 Chicken, 1 Fish)
3 Veg Starters
1 NV Gravy, 1 V Gravy
Chicken Biryani
And, other regular stuff
Ice-cream, Carrot Halwa and Semiya

Litchee Moctail was complimentary

Fish was excellent but, had lot of thorns
1 Chicken snack was quite good
Chicken Biryani was simply awful
Moctail was the best item of the buffet

Overall, the food was average bordering to decent except Chicken Biryani which was maybe cooked by a vegetarian guy.

Ambience is nice. Dim-lit and decent decor but, had a sad feeling to it(maybe thats why selling themselves via. the snapdeal voucher)

Will I go again just because it's so cheap? NO !!!
Old 15th May 2012, 15:40   #4342
BHPian

Sweet Nirvana, 105, Kavuri Hills, Madhapur : Continental & Italian delicacies are being served in a lunch buffet till May 18th, 12pm to 3.30pm.

I read this on page 20 of The Hyderabad Chronicle of today under 'Eat Out'.

Tempting, I thought, so called them on 040 42 41 43 43.

Price : Rs. 350 + Taxes = Approx. Rs. 385

Sounded a little steep in price for my liking but then I thought that maybe the menu is pretty elaborate enough to justify this price.

Menu : 2 veg & 2 non veg starters, 1 salad, 5 main courses (4 Indian and 1 pasta), 2 pastries, 1 ice cream & 1 dessert.

Obviously, my question to the person on the phone was, "What are the Italian & Continental Delicacies in the menu?"

They take the cake for the best answer, "Sir, Italy is in Continental Europe and the pasta covers both Italian and Continental. We make it in different sauces like veg and non veg."

PS : I have played with the words to keep reader interest alive but I have not allowed the essence of the conversation to be lost to the readers of this post.
Old 15th May 2012, 16:08   #4343
BHPian

Quote:
R.I.P. Baba Chullah
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Yes, It's taken over my a Sardarji. So the rolls taste will not be the same ever again. I happened to glance their way while passing there twice yesterday and seemed like it was open from outside.
The sardarji who has taken it over belongs to the famous "Bagga" family.

The delivery person who used to work there earlier is still working there and he came over a little while back to hand over the new menu (it is hand written for the moment) so that I can have their new phone numbers and also be able to place orders.

He said that they have stocks of not only mutton but also prawns and fish.

If the staff continues to be the same and the owner is not stingy in terms of quantity, I think, we will continue to get to eat good rolls.
Old 15th May 2012, 21:58   #4344
BHPian

Quote:
-------------------------------------x------------------------------

Sunday, I got take-away from Kakatiya Mess, Ameerpet

1. Mutton Fry Boneless
2. Mutton Fry Boneless ( Light Gravy)

# 1 was extremely spicy a bit chewy but, super excellent though

# 2 was perfectly spiced and melt in mouth meat and was equally excellent

I liked # 1 more though
Kakatiya Mess food, if you like eating homemade style mutton, is simply awesome. Came back from village today and my wife was busy cleaning up the house after being away for couple of weeks and was not really in mood to cook. Got mutton fry and mutton curry from KM and my wife and kids simply loved it. KM will be my go to place whenever we order food from outside, esp Telangana kinds.

Quote:
So headed straight to Paradise and had mutton biryani and TU in Persis Gold)

Being a sunday evening, the crowd was just too much.

Feedback : I re-emphasize, Paradise Biryani is the true biryani of hyderabad. The flavour is unmistakable and is repeated each time (consistency) and despite serving so many people, their mutton is so well-cooked, its simply unbeilevalable. It just melts in your hand.

Besids above, quantity is perfect for two people so its total VFM. Rs.220

Dont forget to say double masala when you ask for it. I always like mine that ways. Most other outlets serve a dry white rice biryani with mutton somewhere buried deep within it.
Avi, You and I have similar tastes when it comes to food but I beg to differ about Paradise. That place just does not work for me. I am forced to go there because my out-of-town customers believe Paradise is the best, just like zillion others. Out of 10 times, I get disappointed atleast 8 times on the taste. Recently I had Mutton biryani at the new Astoria near Ravindra Bharathi and I thought it rocked.

BTW, Cafe Bahaar will be opening shortly at Begumpet, next to Pantaloons building. I noticed earlier today the building is almost done.

On a side note, last week I had lunch at Rajdhani, a veggie out-of-town customer wanted to eat there. Decent fare, lots and lots of varieties - if you are a veggie, you will love it.
Old 15th May 2012, 22:04   #4345
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
KM will be my go to place whenever we order food from outside, esp Telangana kinds.
Isnt KM Andhra style mess? Or is it Telangana? I find it a bit hard to find the subtle difference between Andhra and Telangana cuisine except for the fact that Telangana is extremely spicy comparetively.

Anyone knows the difference in both these cusines?

Quote:
Avi, You and I have similar tastes when it comes to food but I beg to differ about Paradise. That place just does not work for me. I am forced to go there because my out-of-town customers believe Paradise is the best, just like zillion others. Out of 10 times, I get disappointed atleast 8 times on the taste. Recently I had Mutton biryani at the new Astoria near Ravindra Bharathi and I thought it rocked.
My experience with Paradise in the last 1 year has been simply phenomenal. Lets sort this thing out once and for all

How about lunch/dinner meet at Paradise and then within a day or two at any other outlet you name? Ofcourse, both times it has to be with a foodie witness and companion and at proper lunch/dinner timing? And, let that foodie witness spell out which is the best biryani

What say?

Last edited by mobike008 : 15th May 2012 at 22:05.
Old 15th May 2012, 22:42   #4346
BHPian

Quote:
My experience with Paradise in the last 1 year has been simply phenomenal. Lets sort this thing out once and for all

How about lunch/dinner meet at Paradise and then within a day or two at any other outlet you name? Ofcourse, both times it has to be with a foodie witness and companion and at proper lunch/dinner timing? And, let that foodie witness spell out which is the best biryani

What say?
LOL

I am game. Lets do it, eat at Paradise and see why you feel so good and I not so good.

Other place? Hmmmm...I do not have an 'other' place except I do not really like biryani at Paradise but if we must, then Mutton Biryani at Astoria and Chicken Biryani at Southern Mirchi. For company we can take CtrlAltDel. Oh no..He does not eat red meat. May be Nikhil.
Old 15th May 2012, 22:43   #4347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
R.I.P. Baba Chullah

I'm really going to miss BC Rolls. I was eager for it to re-open, but got disheartened to hear this news.

Let's hope Buddy's lives up to expectations, not only on quality and quantity, but also on price.
Old 16th May 2012, 11:25   #4348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
LOL
For company we can take CtrlAltDel. Oh no..He does not eat red meat. May be Nikhil.
I eat all kinds of meat. Even the exotic variety. But I hate Paradise Biryani from the bottom of my heart. I like both Bawarchi and Astoria. Actually sometimes feel that Astoria is slightly better in taste from Bawarchi and definitely gives larger quantities than its neighbour.

Cheers
Old 16th May 2012, 11:52   #4349
BHPian

Quote:
If the staff continues to be the same and the owner is not stingy in terms of quantity, I think, we will continue to get to eat good rolls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Let's hope Buddy's lives up to expectations, not only on quality and quantity, but also on price.
I've been to BC aka Buddy's Yesterday night for a quick bite. Ordered Mutton Kati Rolls with Double Egg, guess what. The guy did not put double egg at all, as he thought it was a Take-Away and why would a customer come back complaining about it. I took the roll and walked out to having it. I was half-way through eating it, when I realized there was no EGG in it. I went back and complained about it. My Half-Eaten Roll was replaced with a New Roll again.

Quality wise, it seems to be the same. Quantity wise, I see a slight change. The Sardarji is still getting the hang of it and moreover, he is a pure veggie. That's what he was telling me yesterday. He was speaking about this food habits and how he loves to have his food.

Quote:
For company we can take CtrlAltDel. Oh no..He does not eat red meat. May be Nikhil.
I have taken Ravvs words seriously these days "Be a Gourmet, Not a Gourmand". However, for the sake of this, I shall be a GOURMET again... A Glutton for Food. All this for the sake of my fellow Hydeez and their taste buds.

Last edited by traveloholic : 16th May 2012 at 11:55.
Old 16th May 2012, 12:04   #4350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
I've been to BC aka Buddy's Yesterday night for a quick bite.
Quality wise, it seems to be the same. Quantity wise, I see a slight change.
Thanks for the update, but did the quantity increase or decrease? What about the price?

If both have changed for the worse, then I guess rental values in Somajiguda will see a nose dive

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks