Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2012, 22:34   #4366
Senior - BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilguy View Post
I can understand your apprehension while counting calories, but why did you assume that just because the photos were posted by a single person, all the food was also eaten by a single person.
I think you missed a major part of my statement which contained a question mark. As a matter of fact the first statement is interrogatory in nature. And the second was more rhetorical.

Anyways good for you guys for the 2000 calorie diet. You now have enough fuel to run a Half Marathon
Old 17th May 2012, 13:08   #4367
Senior - BHPian

Ohris Rucci & Idoni-Road 10 Banjara Hills

Was at Ohris Rucci & Idoni to celebrate yours truly'{s} birthday!By a stroke of circumstances,it was a bday celebrated all by myself and so decided to head out to R&I.

The place has an entry from inside Nature's Basket as well as from the outside.Valet parking available,though I did not use it.I parked in front of Nature's Basket.The elevator is a unique one as it has doors opening to both sides(this is to facilitate people who want to take it from the shop as well people who are coming in from outside).

Place is brightly lit and is all in a red and black decor.No tablet menus or anything of that sort.Just a misleading news item to get in the crowds I suppose.On hindsight I think I should have asked the staff about it.

The place was relatively empty.They have tables(can seat 4) lined up by the glass wall overlookin the main road and the rest of the place has these huge sofas which are very very uncomfortable to sit.You can only sit on those sofas-not sit and eat,you would have a severe backache if you try eating sitting on them as the seats are too long and hence the distance between the table and the sofas are huge(ergonomically all wrong).Situation similar to Hadippas(ofcourse the height here is not a problem).

Menu is in the form of a hard board(so that blows the lid off the tablets).I did not see any tablets anywhere.Typically Ohris the place is flooded with staff with a lot many of the managers/asst managers etc walking around with their own air of importance.Every request gets passed down the chain of hierarchy before it gets implemented.Since I was alone I had all the time in the world to sit around and observe.Next table couple asked for some sauces when the manager came by to ask the customary-All izz well?.The sauce request travelled down the entire hierarchy as I was observing in the following manner:Manager-Asst Manager-Captain-Waiter-Junior most Waiter and all that had to be done was pick the bottle from the adjacent table!

Service training anywhich ways was-is-and will never be a highlight of Ohris is the same here.Too many people coming around asking to take the order,if they are touting this to be premium,then they need to be acting like premium as well not premium just on the menu!

Ordered for Caesar Classico chicken salad and a chicken piri piri.I remember reading somewhere else some time ago the piri was a portuguese do with a mediterranean flavor.The salad was a complete downer,all it had was some chicken and loads of lettuce and some hard to find shavings of parmesan cheese,dry and fried bread crumbs and comes with a half piece of bread.To be brutally frank,this salad is just the same as what you get in all the Basera buffets in the name of chicken salad.Its just that its given a name and a price here!

Service was slightly confusing,i wanted my piri nice and warm and the person who took the order told me it would take a minimum of 25minutes which was fine with me as I was in no hurry plus i was with the salad for company.But voila,i place the order and within a minute the piri piri comes and I was like whaaat.They just diverted some other wrong order onto me ,no idea what went wrong,i declined it saying i want it after some time so it went back and in a minute the same thing went to another table.So much for confusions.

The piri was nice,though chicken was super hard,the steel cutlery knife just couldnt cut through it,one would probably need the real proper knife(similar to what Yokos used to give).I had a tough time(i guess the chicken had to be grilled a wee bit more).The dish was spicy and it came with a complimentary small bowl salad and half a piece of long garlic bread which was toasted and cooled so it was very difficult to bite into it

Overall the place is just ok IMHO.Nothing to rave about,yes slightly better off than its previous avataar thanks to the pricing being slightly better.Salads are priced at 150,Starters of the bread varieties are priced at 145,pizzas are priced between 260 and 350 but the portions are small-personal pan sizes.Pastas are priced at 280-350.The piri piri was 260.The desserts and shakes are between 150 and 300.Burgers and sandwiches between 160 & 250.The place has a glass kitchen.

My experience tells me that I might go there once again,but frankly the service and miserable quantities of cheese in the dishes left me with mixed feelings.There is a 10pcnt service charge and a 14.5 VAT.,which means I ended up paying a good 100+ extra.A meal for one would easily cost 500rs as portions are just apt for one.

Its a good place to go once in a blue moon.I still miss my Casa Piccola.
Old 17th May 2012, 13:15   #4368
BHPian

nikhil bhai what was the pricing and location

Last edited by mobike008 : 17th May 2012 at 13:34. Reason: Incorrect quote. Please quote properly next time !
Old 17th May 2012, 13:33   #4369
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ohris Rucci & Idoni-Road 10 Banjara Hills

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Was at Ohris Rucci & Idoni to celebrate yours truly'{s} birthday!By a stroke of circumstances,it was a bday celebrated all by myself and so decided to head out to R&I..
Belated Happy Birthday Ranjit. Why did you celebrate it alone? Family not in town?

As most know, I am not too fond of continental food. It's not that i dislike it but, i dont make an effort to go out and eat ONLY continental food. I am hardcore desi by palate.

Good to read this review even though I may never go to this place in my life
Old 17th May 2012, 15:08   #4370
BHPian

Quote:
Was at Ohris Rucci & Idoni to celebrate yours truly'{s} birthday!By a stroke of circumstances,it was a bday celebrated all by myself and so decided to head out to R&I.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Belated Happy Birthday Ranjit. Why did you celebrate it alone? Family not in town?
Happy birthday Ranjit. Sorry I did not make it. If I had known it was your birthday, I would have surely come. The drive from the hospital had me totally pooped out.

The weekday lunch buffet (Mon-Sat) at Via Milano above ICICI Bank on Road 36 of Jubilee Hills sounds very promising though I have yet not tried it out. Thinking of 22nd or 23rd. Unlimited starters from the buffet, one beverage, one main course of your choice from the menu, unlimited desserts, all for just Rs 550 all inclusive per head.

Another option, though not tried out as yet, could be Deli 9 on Road No. 1 of Banjara Hills (only at this outlet and not their other outlets) who have recently introduced 'Combo Platters' as a part of their menu, for lunch and dinner, priced at Rs. 100 for veg and Rs. 110 for N/V (I am sure the taxes and charges will be extra). They also have a wide variety of salad combos for the health conscious and their famous sandwiches are also a part of the combos on offer.
Old 17th May 2012, 15:45   #4371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Avi.Nopes they are out to Mumbai for a couple of days and I had to be in Hyd on work sigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Happy birthday Ranjit.
Another option, though not tried out as yet, could be Deli 9 on Road No. 1 of Banjara Hills
ThanksNo problemo some other time.Deli 9 is a sad place and horribly overpriced.I always get the feeling the place is frequented by junkies(no intention to hurt anybody's sentiments)but it just does not give out the right vibes and the food is too amateurish.I would suggest not to waste money there.Via Milano somehow does not seem to be finding any favour with its patrons.Spoke to a few people who went there and they all say its just about good.No personal experiences yet,but again the prices are prohibitive.Not sure of the buffet though.Another place that seems to be atrociously priced is Urban Asia,a buffet at 900!Thats almost matching the ITCs,Tajs etc.Not sure what on earth they are aiming at or unless its owned by some Tollywood biggie who woos in the P3 crowd?
Old 17th May 2012, 16:40   #4372
BHPian

Bottles & Chimney (simply known as B&C to most) had started breakfast some times back between 8:30am and 11am.

Here is the menu : http://www.dealsandyou.com/media/pdf...rabad-Menu.pdf

They also have an ongoing offer at Bottles & Chimney : Pay Rs 25 & Get 50% Off on Anything from the Breakfast Menu

Quote:
Via Milano somehow does not seem to be finding any favour with its patrons.Spoke to a few people who went there and they all say its just about good.No personal experiences yet,but again the prices are prohibitive.Not sure of the buffet though.Another place that seems to be atrociously priced is Urban Asia,a buffet at 900!Thats almost matching the ITCs,Tajs etc.Not sure what on earth they are aiming at or unless its owned by some Tollywood biggie who woos in the P3 crowd?
Urban Asia and Via Milano belong to the same people.

We had eaten a lasagne at Via Milano in my one and only visit and I can easily say it was one of the best I have had in Hyderabad. Way better than even Truffles Cafe. Expensive, yes, it is, I got billed 3K for 3 of us that night.
Old 18th May 2012, 06:09   #4373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller

The weekday lunch buffet (Mon-Sat) at Via Milano
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobike008
a
in response to my reviews on Zomato & Burrp on R&I I get a response from the senior management at Ohris.So finally looks like restaurants have begun to pull up their socks.Rajdhani and BBq nation are the other two places who take online feedback very seriously as I get responses for reviews on them as well.

Latitude,are you listening

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

Date: 17 May 2012 19:39:05 GMT+05:30

To: <ranjith.puzhankara@gmail.com>

Cc: "'COO'"

Subject: Your Review on Zomato

Dear Mr. Ranjith,
I have gone through the review that you have posted on the website Zomato.com. I would like to sincerely apologise for all the inconvenience that you went through during your visit to our outlet- Ruci & Idoni. At Ohri's, we believe in the highest level of guest satisfaction and service and any lapse in it is not acceptable.
I would really appreciate if I could be provided with an opportunity to speak with you in person and understand all the areas where we did not match up to your expectations. At the same time, I would like to invite you to our restaurant once again and would personally like to take you across the dining experience which we want our guests to cherish.
My contact number is- 98xxxxxxxx and I look forward to your contact number so that I can personally invite you over.

Regards,

Xxxxx xxxxxx
Corporate General Manager
Ohri's Group
HOTEL KAMAL PVT. LTD.
Hyderabad

*Ohri's Vision: "Delighting Guests Each and Every Time"

*Ohri's Mission: "Ultimate Service, Consistent Quality and Positive Impact"

UNQUOTE

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 18th May 2012 at 06:15.
Old 18th May 2012, 06:56   #4374
BHPian

Quote:
in response to my reviews on Zomato & Burrp on R&I I get a response from the senior management at Ohris.So finally looks like restaurants have begun to pull up their socks.

Latitude,are you listening

At the same time, I would like to invite you to our restaurant once again and would personally like to take you across the dining experience which we want our guests to cherish.
My contact number is- 98xxxxxxxx and I look forward to your contact number so that I can personally invite you over.
UNQUOTE
Wow!

Why only Latitude? You also need Truffles to be listening.

Hmmm, free food invite from Ohri's R&I. I, on behalf of all the Hydeez Foodies, am happy to let you know that we all will join you when you go next to check out the free food at Ohri's R&I. Please do inform the Corporate GM that we will be 12 of us.
Old 18th May 2012, 09:44   #4375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller

Wow!

Why only Latitude? You also need Truffles to be listening.

Hmmm, free food invite from Ohri's R&I. I, on behalf of all the Hydeez Foodies, am happy to let you know that we all will join you when you go next to check out the free food at Ohri's R&I. Please do inform the Corporate GM that we will be 12 of us.
I dont know why I wrote Latitude,I actually meant Truffles-silly me.

Yes not a bad idea on the invite thing in return we could promise them glowing reviews
Old 19th May 2012, 11:15   #4376
BHPian

Quote:
I always ask my biryani to be served with double masala and sometimes the waiter gets the masala as an addition in a separate plate
Apart from double masala, are there any other tips and tricks to get the best of Paradise - like dining in a specific floor/section of the restaurant etc.? Thanks.
Old 19th May 2012, 11:33   #4377
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumare View Post
Apart from double masala, are there any other tips and tricks to get the best of Paradise - like dining in a specific floor/section of the restaurant etc.? Thanks.
Tip & Tricks for a good biryani at Paradise

a) Always eat at Persis Gold
b) Be nice to waiter and ask him to get with double masala and tell him you will tip him well
c) If possible go there at 12:30pm for lunch as that is when the biryani from the first handi comes out. Trust me that cannot be replicated by subsequent handi's. Besides, place isnt crowded and you get to request the wait to customize your biryani as per above
d) I always tell him to put nice pieces with a smile, it always works
Old 19th May 2012, 11:36   #4378
BHPian

Hola folks,

I would be shifting to Hyderabad soon and cant wait to dig my teeth into some meat there .
Was in Hyd in March and had visited a few places :-

Biryani House :- Good Biryani and Chicken dish (although slightly spicy for my taste)

Paradise Hotel (near Nagarjuna Hills) :- Friend forced me to have dinner there, ordered some South Indian food like Idli, Vada. Sorry to say but the chutney and sambar had me nearly puking. It was that bad

Chocolate Room :- Now this is one place which is responsible for me putting on 2-3 kgs in 2 days. Brilliant chocolate sundaes, brownies, shakes and what not. Absolute heaven for chocolate lovers.

Kona's :- Go to this place ONLY if you have around 2-3 hours to spare. Brilliant ambiance, perfect for a romantic dinner. Food is strictly average and service was painfully slow. A simple glass of water or roti took a minimum of 15 mins each.
Old 19th May 2012, 17:03   #4379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormania View Post

Paradise Hotel (near Nagarjuna Hills) :- Friend forced me to have dinner there, ordered some South Indian food like Idli, Vada. Sorry to say but the chutney and sambar had me nearly puking. It was that bad
Nagarjuna circle, you mean? Which restaurant are you talking about? There is no Paradise near Nagarjuna hills. Could be some other place.

Welcome to Hyderabad. You are in for a treat if you like non-veg food.
Old 19th May 2012, 18:24   #4380
BHPian

Quote:
Tip & Tricks for a good biryani at Paradise
b) Be nice to waiter and ask him to get with double masala and tell him you will tip him well
d) I always tell him to put nice pieces with a smile, it always works
The person who takes the food order at Persis Gold is a Captain while the person who serves / delivers the food is a waiter.
Of course, when you place an order with the captain, the waiter always hovers around.
The order is taken on a PDA and conveyed direct to the kitchen.
+1, I always ensure to reach there before 1 for my lunch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormania View Post
Biryani House :-
Paradise Hotel (near Nagarjuna Hills) :-
Chocolate Room :-
Kona's :-
Except Chocolate Room, never ever have I come across the other three outlets or heard of them from anyone. Like any city across the world, there are many outlets serving food but only a few which make it to the list of worthy eating out places and these three are not in that list in this city.

Most Viewed